ADVERTISEMENT

Butler@Mallard Creek

I know MC's QB got stripped possessions ago, but he has great pocket awareness.

33-17 Mallard Creek.

I thought Butler played good defense, two turnovers led to Mallard Creek touchdowns. Butler’s offense was non existent. Mallard Creek is impressive.

Creeks Dustin Noller 26-40 333 yds 2 TD’s. 430 yards total offense 210 yards in penalties. The WR Corps were not focused tonight two TD’s dropped on long balls and I counted 8 dropped balls total. Butler never really threatened. The game was really flat but Creek was in control the entire game. Butler got two late scores as Creek cleared its bench.

I will say this about Butler. Kids play hard and they tackle well but I think they are gonna struggle this year. The teams they can pound they will probably be competitive with but they just dont have much on offense. Yards were 435 to 160 and much of that came in garbage time.

Several bad drops by MC and 200+ yards in penalties kept this from being real ugly.

They were up 33-3 with 7 minutes left and essentially the 5 star running back took the night off. Maybe carried it 7 times and never played defense.

With Holmes now healthy they are incredibly deep and I bet they played 35- 40 kids tonight.

Creeks Dustin Noller 26-40 333 yds 2 TD’s. 430 yards total offense 210 yards in penalties. The WR Corps were not focused tonight two TD’s dropped on long balls and I counted 8 dropped balls total. Butler never really threatened. The game was really flat but Creek was in control the entire game. Butler got two late scores as Creek cleared its bench.

Not 100% sure but 40 pass attempts may be a school record.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT