ADVERTISEMENT

Burns @ Central Cabarrus

The_Rev921

Sep 16, 2010
Hoping for a good, safe game for both teams. How is CC this year? players to watch for? type of offense they run etc...

Burns will be very thin this week with injuries, but next dog up mentality and hoping to get the W.

This game means nothing so I hope they play all JV and let the injuries heel. Conference starts next week so let's get healthy for it. I will try to make it Friday. If so i will be wearing shoes. Come find me.

This game means nothing so I hope they play all JV and let the injuries heel. Conference starts next week so let's get healthy for it. I will try to make it Friday. If so i will be wearing shoes. Come find me.
Moved up some jv players today . Bad luck last week . 5 starters out at practice. The boys will play hard and play to win. We are good depth at running back so even with 2 out we got some that can also tote the rock. Flip McClure will get his shot Friday . Defense is more of a concern but coach cog will have them ready. We just got to get healthy for chase and especially km .

As I stated in the Huss thread, if we lose this game we can drop it come playoff time, assuming we get there.

Central is hard to figure. They beat Mount Pleasant but turned around and lost to Robinson 35-7. I'm not sure which team will show up.

Tweeter. Sounds like you have already given up on this week. Your young Dawgs might surprise you.

Don't know how they look this year or how many guys they lost to graduation, but CC impressed me last year in the playoffs with their offense. If they'd had more athletes they might have given us some trouble.

Moved up some jv players today . Bad luck last week . 5 starters out at practice. The boys will play hard and play to win. We are good depth at running back so even with 2 out we got some that can also tote the rock. Flip McClure will get his shot Friday . Defense is more of a concern but coach cog will have them ready. We just got to get healthy for chase and especially km .

With a name like Flip McClure, kid has got to be good. Is your QB hurt too? Who is backup?

Reactions: Lawn12Dog
You got that right X, He got the name Flip because he can run and do flips right off the ground. Our QB has a sore throwing arm. He got hit at the elbow and our backup was in the ER last Friday night.. The JV Q has took some reps, One positive thing is that none of the injuries to all of our starters are season ending. We should get most back by conference play, Magale Burris maybe a little longer. He was our leading rusher last week. I really hate it for this kid because he broke his ankle 2 seasons ago. You wont find a nicer kid anywhere so hopefully he can be back by midseason.

Damn LD, maybe Burns should just forfeit. Imagine how much hitting will be going on. Coach, don't make those Bulldogs suffer! Football is a dangerous game! Can I get a "whaaaan"? My privates hurt!!!

Reactions: crestrulz
Damn LD, maybe Burns should just forfeit. Imagine how much hitting will be going on. Coach, don't make those Bulldogs suffer! Football is a dangerous game! Can I get a "whaaaan"? My privates hurt!!!
Bluto: What? Over? Did you say "over"? Nothing is over until we decide it is! Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor? Hell no!

We knew depth would be a problem coming into the season, and most would be fooling themselves if they think a team can go thru a whole season without some setbacks of a sort. Can ask anyone from Burns, still doesnt change our mission or goal, we will come in tonight expecting to get a win. There is a difference however of being smart and knowing which weeks are more important than others. Non conference games are nice to win but not the most important. I like giving the opportunity to some younger kids and let them get some experience, or the Seniors that wouldnt usually see the field.

Reactions: Lawn12Dog
Never got to play. All the way up there, there was rain, couldn't enter stadium til later because of lightning, waited til 8:30 then they said 9:00 kickoff. So players literally were lined up about to kick off, then CC said we hadn't waited long enough after the previous lightning strike, so it was to be a 9:15 kickoff, then 9:40, then administration saw lightning and finally pulled the plug. Would not have benefitted from a win nor been hurt by a loss so the game will not be rescheduled and with all our injuries it was probably for the best, but don't wait til we are literally about to kick off and stall and eventually call it. The players were fired up and ready to go and then they had the rug pulled out from under them. If you're gonna call it, call it an hour earlier. All that drive for nothing. And of course KTC invested in new equipment, got there early to make sure everything was running smoothly, then no game. What an empty night at Central Cabarrus.

Why will Burns not make up the game? Saturday, Monday? Burns said no make up. Why? Game is under contract. No consequences for not playing? Nobody stalled anything. That directive came from medical personnel. We wanted to play tonight and we still want to play. Win or lose, that is not the point. We need the game experience.

The reason the decision was not made earlier is because the Burns coach and AD had already stated that they would not come back for a make up. That is why we tried to wait it out. We wanted to play the game no matter when it started. Very disappointing to say the least. Burns should play or forfeit. If they beat our eyes shut, then so be it...at least we played.

Last edited:
Reactions: frifalcon
Hate to hear a Cleveland County team would pull that kind of junk. If you have a contract, play. Burns AD and coach should be ashamed. What a terrible lesson they are teaching their players. Maybe they should just FORFEIT the whole season.

I just love how you guys try and make this OUR fault . There was NO reason that game could not have been played. There was no lightning anywhere . Every other school in our area played with a 1.5 hour delay. The teams were on the field ready to kick off when they pulled at CENTRALS request. Our medical personal had a lighting meter and was NOT reporting ANY lighting !!!!! This game SHOULD have been played last night . PERIOD and it is not the fault of BURNS. So we are just supposed to load everyone up and come back today to play in the rain or play Monday night and get home at midnight or later when our kids have class. Seems like I remember you did NOT want to bring your JVs up on a "school night." Our booster club spent over 1,000 bucks on a chartered bus alone, our fans traveled a long distance and then Central says the game cant be played over some mystery lighting strike that nobody else saw. when EVERY other team in the area played . It broke our kids hearts to be pulled off that field....and in a sportsmanship gesture we even agreed to come back next year but that gesture was repaid by being called out on preps....BUSH LEAGUE.

Hmmmm why not play ? Not to hard to drive to a stadium and play? Home team has to do all the work. If I was CC I'd take Burns off my schedule.

All this complaining is funny coming from a coach who settled for a tie a few years back and wouldn't play overtime.

Reactions: COUGAR-90
Are you kidding me!!!!! There was lightening everywhere!!! We were just down the road at the JM Robinson/Hickory Ridge game and it was called until Monday. Ya'll need to get your "lightening meter" checked, because it is "faulty" if you think there was no lightening.
It is one thing for a team that travels 2 hours+ to not want to come back and play the game, but to say there was no lightening is just ludicrous!!!

Reactions: Earnhardt Forever
Are you kidding me!!!!! There was lightening everywhere!!! We were just down the road at the JM Robinson/Hickory Ridge game and it was called until Monday. Ya'll need to get your "lightening meter" checked, because it is "faulty" if you think there was no lightening.
It is one thing for a team that travels 2 hours+ to not want to come back and play the game, but to say there was no lightening is just ludicrous!!!
Falcon at what time did that game get called . we were on the field set to kick off and they pull us off. If we had wait til 9.40 like they wanted the game would not had ended til around 12 30 or later so it would have put our kids getting back around 3 00 or later . Burns and cleveland county had a lot of money already tide up in traveling down there, it would make no sense going back on tuesday then trying to prepare for our conference opener with 2 days to prepare

We played a game once back in my day with 6 feet of snow on the field. There were asteroids falling out of the sky killing people in the stands. Lightening was striking the field making big holes in the grass. Our starting QB had his arm ripped off when a pterodactyl flew in over the visitors bleachers and snatched it right off his body. He had to throw left hand passes the rest of the night. We didn't call the game until the cheese ran out for the nachos.

Reactions: Godevilsgo
Falcon at what time did that game get called . we were on the field set to kick off and they pull us off. If we had wait til 9.40 like they wanted the game would not had ended til around 12 30 or later so it would have put our kids getting back around 3 00 or later . Burns and cleveland county had a lot of money already tide up in traveling down there, it would make no sense going back on tuesday then trying to prepare for our conference opener with 2 days to prepare

It was called at 8pm because there was so much lightening in the area and radar showed it was not going to get better. Hickory Ridge is straight down the road off S.R. 49 from CC about 10-15 mins.
Look, you don't want to play the game out, that's up to the AD's. But for ANYONE to come on here and say there was "NO LIGHTENING ANYWHERE" is being blind.

Lol.

The game I went to the second half started at 11 Kids will stay up anyways. It's the weekend.

Last edited:
It was called at 8pm because there was so much lightening in the area and radar showed it was not going to get better. Hickory Ridge is straight down the road off S.R. 49 from CC about 10-15 mins.
Look, you don't want to play the game out, that's up to the AD's. But for ANYONE to come on here and say there was "NO LIGHTENING ANYWHERE" is being blind.
there was a lot at 8 and game should have been called then but cc wanted to wait and I don t blame them cause we did not want to reschedule and I don t blame us for that. But at 9 00 our kick off team was on the field ready to kick and play was halted and teams were ushered off the field so what are we suppose to do stay there all night , like you said there was more behind to come . There was a break in the weather at the time they were trying to kick it off. I saw what I thought was a lightening strike at that time but other said it was the stadium lights flicker

plenty of reasons for both teams to be upset about not playing. Fact is, CC couldnt help the weather situation and Burns did nothing wrong. It is a non conference game, teams are 2 hours apart and both teams have conference starting up next week, would be ludicrous to make Burns spend more money to travel up there and play a meaningless game on Saturday or for that matter Monday. It is just an unfortunate circumstance for CC and Burns this week. No need to lash out at Burns coach and AD, they are protecting their program as is CC. No hard feelings and hope to see CC next season.

Reactions: burnsbulldogtweeter
I just love how you guys try and make this OUR fault . There was NO reason that game could not have been played. There was no lightning anywhere . Every other school in our area played with a 1.5 hour delay. The teams were on the field ready to kick off when they pulled at CENTRALS request. Our medical personal had a lighting meter and was NOT reporting ANY lighting !!!!! This game SHOULD have been played last night . PERIOD and it is not the fault of BURNS. So we are just supposed to load everyone up and come back today to play in the rain or play Monday night and get home at midnight or later when our kids have class. Seems like I remember you did NOT want to bring your JVs up on a "school night." Our booster club spent over 1,000 bucks on a chartered bus alone, our fans traveled a long distance and then Central says the game cant be played over some mystery lighting strike that nobody else saw. when EVERY other team in the area played . It broke our kids hearts to be pulled off that field....and in a sportsmanship gesture we even agreed to come back next year but that gesture was repaid by being called out on preps....BUSH LEAGUE.

Lawn12dog, if you are talking about my post I think you missed understood what I was trying to say. I was trying to say what you said out of good sportsman Burns would play at cc next years. Was not trying to call nobody out.

Reactions: Beamon Deamon
We played a game once back in my day with 6 feet of snow on the field. There were asteroids falling out of the sky killing people in the stands. Lightening was striking the field making big holes in the grass. Our starting QB had his arm ripped off when a pterodactyl flew in over the visitors bleachers and snatched it right off his body. He had to throw left hand passes the rest of the night. We didn't call the game until the cheese ran out for the nachos.

Now that is funny as heck.

This was a very prophetic post. Two days before the game you suggested that Burns should forfeit. Two days later, don't you think Burns should "man up" and forfeit the game?

Disgraceful act.

He played the game which is much more than I can say for the Burns team.
Earnhardt this has really gotten under your skin. Who is your team ? What connection do you have with this ? You have some connection to the Burns program in some fashion. A lot of folks are upset about this and most make a post or two and move on but you seem to have an obsession.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT