ADVERTISEMENT

BUNN HIGH SCHOOL WILDCATS (13-2) vs. MONROE HIGH SCHOOL REDHAWKS (15-0) UPDATES

PatrickO'Brien

Gold Member
Nov 12, 2012
NCPreps will be out and about this weekend with full coverage of the playoffs. Continue to check back throughout the afternoon for all updates.

Bunn gets the second turnover with an INT. They start at th 34 yard line. Defense playing well after that first score.

Monroe did a tremendous job on defense after that turnover....

What a pass by Wall as it would have been a 60 yard touchdown pass but it is called back for holding.

Bunn should know resiliency after pulling out a win vs Clinton last week. The Athletes Clinton has, has atleast shown Bunn what potentially awaited them in the state championship. Just a different style of Offense. Bunn has a great Oline. Best I've seen in a while. Keep fighting Bunn.

Big play by Mckinley Nelson, scampering 18 yards up the middle.

On the next play, Z. Wall finds Braxton Knotts for a 31 yard TD pass to go up 14-0 here in Raleigh

As good as Bunn was in the Trenches last week I noticed they didn't have the secondary athletes to match up with a team that likes to spread it out, felt that would be a mis-match. Proving to be the case right now.

They do have a solid line but right now have -23 yards in this game, all of which are rushing.

Monroe is moving the ball again, as they find themselves on the Bunn 38 yard line. Wall is really in a groove right now for MOrnoe at QB

Wall throws it out to the sideline and a wide open McManus runs it in for a 23 yard TD. MOnroe leads 21-0 with 3:29 to go before half.

Gosh I would love to know how we would've matched up athlete wise. Thanks refs.

51 yard rushing TD for Braxton Knotts as Monroe leads 35-0 here in the 3Q..

Big return though Bunn to the Monroe 30

Chris Bumpers gets the 1 yard touchdown run for Bunn as we head into the 4th quarter, with Monroe leading 35-7.

Monroe, is a 3a school playing in 2aa,
Which i dont care, I like Shelbys chances against them...I think both are pretty even.
Shelbys passing alittle better....guess we will never know inless we can get coaches to set it up

Mallard Creek, Charlotte Catholic, Crest, Shelby, and Monroe........just take a trip down Highway 74 and u go through title towns. Congratulations!!!!!

Almost a 704/74 sweep

SouthPoint was an extra point away

*edit*
Just found out both Rock Hill schools won their respective divisions. Added Rock Hill South Pointe and Rock Hill Northwestern

704b.png

Last edited:
The DarkHorse can play with them. The DarkHorses will next year with their best team in 10 years
And no Monrow would not beat Shelby

Not to take away from Clinton but they took a 31-6 L last year. I don't think Clinton or Bunn were on Monroe or Shelby's level this year. Shelby ran through the western 3A playoff bracket in the regular season undefeated, and Monroe ran through the western 3AA playoff bracket in the regular season undefeated. Can't speak for next year.

Shelby returns about all its defense, we have brooks returns 2 more yrs at rb.
Borders returns at rec. We do lose 5 lineman on offense, alot of skill players...Shelbys will run deep again

Not to take away from Clinton but they took a 31-6 L last year. I don't think Clinton or Bunn were on Monroe or Shelby's level this year. Shelby ran through the western 3A playoff bracket in the regular season undefeated, and Monroe ran through the western 3AA playoff bracket in the regular season undefeated. Can't speak for next year.

No way Bunn or Clinton beats Monroe (this year or next). Monroe is loaded. With all of there weapons coming back I see no reason to think they will not repeat. That QB is pretty darn good.

Reactions: BulldogsFollower
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT