ADVERTISEMENT

Best Week One Games

Hunter Huss(13-1) @ Hoggard (10-2)

Hoggard then goes to SC and Carolina Forest. Tough 3 week stretch for the Vikes.
Let me get this straight, Huss canceled their game against us because of the travel distance, but they are going all the way to Wilmington??? Oh well.

Let me get this straight, Huss canceled their game against us because of the travel distance, but they are going all the way to Wilmington??? Oh well.
Hoggard was in quite a pickle. There was a mix up with the another Holly Springs home/away and Hoggard had very little time to find another week 1 opp. South Robeson was scheduled and then Robeson Co voted to close SR for next year. Maybe HH and SC were able to help out Hoggard if they had more flexibility with week 1 opp.

Nice game 1 for the Scots , followed by Hoggard week 2 . Both at Pate before an over month long road trip .
SEG a finalist last year , what are they returning ..

Scotland may have a long stretch before returning it Pate Stadium, but you guys have one fire home schedule.

Reactions: ScotlandAlumni99
Couple of week 1 games I will keep a close eye on in the east across all divisions.
-Havelock vs Dillion. Dillion is a quality program and it will be a big test to see where Havelock is with Coach Wooten at the wheel of his new Rams team. He did as well as could be expected with the Greene Central Rams last year. He will have better talent to work with in Havelock. Let's see what he does with it.
-Jacksonville vs SW Onslow. This will give a very good indication what SW Onslow has left as they try improve on there playoff showing last year. SW went on a run late in the season and will be eager to prove it wasn't a fluke and show they can get out to a quick start against Jacksonville. (one of the best teams the last half of the decade in the east)
-DH Conley at Northeastern. Conley seemed shell shocked when Northeastern came into the Vikings turf last season and did more damage than any South Central kid planting a flag lol. Not sure where that outrage was for Northeastern last year. In any case, I expect this game could set the tone for both teams and the one that comes out on top could have a magical season.
-Rocky Mount @Tarboro. Regardless of classifications this has the makings of a barnburner. Rocky Mount better have their A game because Tarboro will test them in every aspect of the game.
-Not alot of 4A matchups for me to choose from in my part of the east. So I expanded where one could catch some good football in week one in this area.

Couple of week 1 games I will keep a close eye on in the east across all divisions.
-Havelock vs Dillion. Dillion is a quality program and it will be a big test to see where Havelock is with Coach Wooten at the wheel of his new Rams team. He did as well as could be expected with the Greene Central Rams last year. He will have better talent to work with in Havelock. Let's see what he does with it.
-Jacksonville vs SW Onslow. This will give a very good indication what SW Onslow has left as they try improve on there playoff showing last year. SW went on a run late in the season and will be eager to prove it wasn't a fluke and show they can get out to a quick start against Jacksonville. (one of the best teams the last half of the decade in the east)
-DH Conley at Northeastern. Conley seemed shell shocked when Northeastern came into the Vikings turf last season and did more damage than any South Central kid planting a flag lol. Not sure where that outrage was for Northeastern last year. In any case, I expect this game could set the tone for both teams and the one that comes out on top could have a magical season.
-Rocky Mount @Tarboro. Regardless of classifications this has the makings of a barnburner. Rocky Mount better have their A game because Tarboro will test them in every aspect of the game.
-Not alot of 4A matchups for me to choose from in my part of the east. So I expanded where one could catch some good football in week one in this area.

I think Havelock will struggle just a little bit out of the gate but should make it back to the East Finals. Losing guys like Harris, Cam and Welton will be tough to replace early on but guys will eventually step us, as usual. Look for Kamarro Edmonds to have a breakout year.

I think Havelock will struggle just a little bit out of the gate but should make it back to the East Finals. Losing guys like Harris, Cam and Welton will be tough to replace early on but guys will eventually step us, as usual. Look for Kamarro Edmonds to have a breakout year.
If Coach Wooten can evolve as the playoffs roll on with game planning, film study, and halftime adjustments I have no doubt the talent will be there. Let's see how he handles it. Edmonds is a gem. He will have to be accounted for every time he is on the field.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT