ADVERTISEMENT

Al Brown vs Glenn

LineBackerHeadCracker

Nov 19, 2015
I have predicted this game to be extremely tight . Brown 40 Glenn 33. What do you guys think? Glenn's offense will score I don't doubt that . Al brown averages around 300 a game on the ground , and with Glenn's rush D I just can't see them stopping Brown. If you need a game to watch, go to this one . Glenn is fun to watch!

I have predicted this game to be extremely tight . Brown 40 Glenn 33. What do you guys think? Glenn's offense will score I don't doubt that . Al brown averages around 300 a game on the ground , and with Glenn's rush D I just can't see them stopping Brown. If you need a game to watch, go to this one . Glenn is fun to watch!
If Brown has a good defense Glenn could be in trouble. If Brown can't stop the pass Brown will be in trouble. I for one think that Brown will win and win big.

the most points Brown has given up in any game this season is 24 and that was vs Mallard Creek. their pass defense is very good, good enough in fact that they were able to keep Vance in check and actually beat them. this will be a most difficult game for Glenn. i'll take Brown in this one.

If Brown has a good D-line and secondary, I think it'll be ugly for Glenn. If not, things are gonna get wild. One thing's for sure.....AL Brown must get pressure on Stephon Brown. Can't let him play pitch and catch.

One thing I can guarantee is Stephon Brown will come ready to play . He has been lights out the last half of this year and many believe he is the best QB in the county, myself included . He will for sure be a Division 1 player and most likely an ACC caliber QB .6'5 200 with a rocket of an arm . Now after saying all of that , AL Brown will be the best brown Friday night .

Hey K. Brown fans.....do you realize who Stephon Brown's Dad is? He was the one that play for Glenn as a QB back in 93' season that upset nbr one K. Brown in first game of the playoff 35-34. That was a heck of a ball game. Stephon Brown had a lot to do with that win at K. Brown field. He was something else that night along with that running back. I have to search my old brain about some of the players on that team. I also think there was a running back named Brown for Kannpolios in the same game??? Correct me if I am mistaken?

Neal Hatcher the coach of Glenn at that time had the boys believing in winning the game. Glenn went on to win one more game and lost to HP Andrews in QF. They were up big at halftime against Andrew but lost it in 2nd half. (Ran out of gas and Andrew was too much). Neal Hatcher was a mighty fine man and a solid coach. He was highly respected in Triad area.

Anyone out of town and can't make the game, you can hear it at WSJS.com. 600 on AM dial.

Pregame starts at 7pm.

Last edited:
Reactions: Hon Dines
One thing is for sure, I think brown wins but they need to take the crowd out of it early. Glenn is very excited and if they come to play like they did the first quarter of the east Forsyth game it could spell trouble.

Brown has one of the better defenses I have seen all year and that includes Mallard Creek, I think they take this one handily because they'll take Glenn's passing game out of it and grind the Bobcats up on the ground.
Kannapolis by 17.

Brown has one of the better defenses I have seen all year and that includes Mallard Creek, I think they take this one handily because they'll take Glenn's passing game out of it and grind the Bobcats up on the ground.
Kannapolis by 17.
I would usually agree with this, but even after playing Mallard and Vance and the rest of their schedule , Brown has not seen a passing attack like they will tonight . If they can take the passing game out of Glenn's Offense then he's AL Brown blows this one out , but if Glenn scores first , watch out . You're talking about a team who score 28 points in 7 minutes against SouthWest Guilford and 24 points in a quarter and half against East Forsyth . I'll take Glenn close .

Close ball game. Brown struggles to create offense with very little passing game. I am gonna go 24-21 Brown.

I would usually agree with this, but even after playing Mallard and Vance and the rest of their schedule , Brown has not seen a passing attack like they will tonight . If they can take the passing game out of Glenn's Offense then he's AL Brown blows this one out , but if Glenn scores first , watch out . You're talking about a team who score 28 points in 7 minutes against SouthWest Guilford and 24 points in a quarter and half against East Forsyth . I'll take Glenn close .
You're also talking about a team that held Mallard Creek to 24 points and Vance to 21.

Glenn's offense is a little different then MC or Vance. They throw it a ton and when its clicking its tough to stop. However with out much of a running attack the risk turnovers and 3 and outs. Brown will do everything in their power to keep the chains moving and Glenn offense on sidelines.

I have a great deal of confidence in Newsome's ability to create pressure and slow Glenn down some. Make them complete 8 or 9 passes in a drive and not let them get anything cheap.

Glenn's offense is a little different then MC or Vance. They throw it a ton and when its clicking its tough to stop. However with out much of a running attack the risk turnovers and 3 and outs. Brown will do everything in their power to keep the chains moving and Glenn offense on sidelines.

I have a great deal of confidence in Newsome's ability to create pressure and slow Glenn down some. Make them complete 8 or 9 passes in a drive and not let them get anything cheap.
I agree with this . Glenn is a big play team . With 2 receivers running 4.4 , that's how theh score most of their points . Kudos to the offensive staff at Glenn . Last year they really improved , and this year they've gotten even better . Congrats on them for changing that program from something that was nothing to now a legit playoff team!

The great equalizer on these throw it around teams is pressure on the QB and a running attack on offense. I am reminded of the the Reagan - Catholic game 2 years ago.

Easter was running for his life and the Reagan defense couldnt get off the field. I dont suspect this will be exactly like this because Brown doesnt have Catholics running attack but they are VERY good upfront on defense and have athletes in tbe back. We will see

The great equalizer on these throw it around teams is pressure on the QB and a running attack on offense. I am reminded of the the Reagan - Catholic game 2 years ago.

Easter was running for his life and the Reagan defense couldnt get off the field. I dont suspect this will be exactly like this because Brown doesnt have Catholics running attack but they are VERY good upfront on defense and have athletes in tbe back. We will see
They did run it very well vs Vance, not sure if that was just a good matchup for their run game but Vance had trouble at times stopping the Brown ground game.

CC...i believe they lost a piece or two of the Oline since that game and your correct. Vance struggles some against the run. I dont think Glenn is much better though.

FINAL

Brown 37
Glenn 29

Brown had close to 250 yards or more in penalties. Flag just about every play unbelieveable. Wonders had 100 yds. in penalties in the 1st quarter.
Glenn had the ball on the Wonders 12 with 5 sec left to tie or force OT with a 2 point conversion but pass was incomplete as the clock ran out!

How did Glenn keep this game that close? Man I was going to go to this one and went to East. Was Glenn that good tonight or was Brown that bad? I know sometimes a bye week can hurt a team just as much as it helps. 250 yards in penalties is insane! Does Brown always get a ton of flags thrown or was in a zebra crew who wanted to be seen more than the kids tonight?

FINAL

Brown 37
Glenn 29

Brown had close to 250 yards or more in penalties. Flag just about every play unbelieveable. Wonders had 100 yds. in penalties in the 1st quarter.
Glenn had the ball on the Wonders 12 with 5 sec left to tie or force OT with a 2 point conversion but pass was incomplete as the clock ran out!
How did Glenn keep this game that close? Man I was going to go to this one and went to East. Was Glenn that good tonight or was Brown that bad? I know sometimes a bye week can hurt a team just as much as it helps. 250 yards in penalties is insane! Does Brown always get a ton of flags thrown or was in a zebra crew who wanted to be seen more than the kids tonight?

On the Glenn Radio Network they said we had 200 yards in penalties. I was told after the game alot of the holding penalties was by design.Coaches knew we could not keep up with their wr's they were fast as lighting so instead of letting them get behind us for a td we would hold them and take the 10 yard penalty.

Brown let Glenn stay in the game because of some bad play calling in th 4th quarter. Never should have been that close.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT