ADVERTISEMENT

adm numbers

KingJordon704

Apr 11, 2023
crazy that theirs 4 teams in the east alone 3a that have more numbers than 4a new bern… yet these teams want to brag when they are good you should be when you have 1600-1750 students and you’re playing schools with 1000-1100 😂

im actualy now more impressed that New Bern wins in the biggest 4a playoffs than any charlotte team or greensboro team

New Bern literally won 4a states with 3a numbers 😂 yet people want to talk about they got the best football you should when u always have a advantage but thats it thats all

Reactions: NewBernBears
New Bern's ADM number for 2022 = 1608

3A Southern Durham = 1758
3A South Central = 1655
3A Scotland County = 1640
3A West Charlotte = 1756
Sometimes, the talent and system at smaller schools allow them to compete with the bigger schools. Laat year I was pulling for AC Reynolds out of the 4a west. Making it to the western finals with around 1150 kids and going against school with close to 2000 more students.

Sometimes, the talent and system at smaller schools allow them to compete with the bigger schools. Laat year I was pulling for AC Reynolds out of the 4a west. Making it to the western finals with around 1150 kids and going against school with close to 2000 more students.
Butler is under 2,000 students and Weddington about 1,800. Chambers is about 2,400.

Reactions: Freshmanposter01
I meant their numbers compared to the bigger schools in the west. If they would have had to face a Myers Park.
Understood. The three largest schools, Myers Park, South Meck, and Ardrey Kell were all over 3,000 the last few school years but have not had impressive football programs. MP caught fire with Drake Maye and HC Scott Chadwick. Tom Knotts stated about twenty years ago that MP was a sleeping giant.

i hope when they make the 7 classifications they fix this because it makes no sense and to me its not fair u got schools like southern durham with 1750 kids playing 3a against schools like my school with 1088 thats a whole another 2a school added into their school of course some schools like mine can compete with schools with way more numbers doesn’t mean its right tho

• Southern Durham 1758
  • South Central 1655
  • Scotland 1640
  • East Wake 1623
these are all 3a east teams i was talking about with more numbers than NB

Yea and they got moved down to 3a and we have almost the exact amount of students and have to play schools with 2,500 students. Asheville is playing teams that have more male students than we do total students. Imagine you have 650 boys to field a team with and the team you’re playing against has 1,200. Meanwhile these schools mentioned above like west Charlotte have 400 more students than we have and are playing in 3A!

What a complete and utter crock of

i hope when they make the 7 classifications they fix this because it makes no sense and to me its not fair u got schools like southern durham with 1750 kids playing 3a against schools like my school with 1088 thats a whole another 2a school added into their school of course some schools like mine can compete with schools with way more numbers doesn’t mean its right tho

First thing is most look at the wrong numbers
2nd you got to look at percentages. 1a plays schools almost 4x bigger. 200/800. 1088/1750 isn't even 2x larger.

Yea and they got moved down to 3a and we have almost the exact amount of students and have to play schools with 2,500 students. Asheville is playing teams that have more male students than we do total students. Imagine you have 650 boys to field a team with and the team you’re playing against has 1,200. Meanwhile these schools mentioned above like west Charlotte have 400 more students than we have and are playing in 3A!

That's 2x larger. That nothing. Look at 1a. 4x larger. Percentages tell the story. Raw numbers are useless.

First thing is most look at the wrong numbers
2nd you got to look at percentages. 1a plays schools almost 4x bigger. 200/800. 1088/1750 isn't even 2x larger.

That's 2x larger. That nothing. Look at 1a. 4x larger. Percentages tell the story. Raw numbers are useless.
what that got to do with what i said ? its dumb all the way around from 1a to 4a thats why i always against 4 classifications its unfair all the way from top to bottom 8 was fair but too many i think 6-7 is good and way better

Reactions: BK13T-$
So u two clowns think it should be 25-25-25-25%
?
😂
and i never said it should be this but no school should be playing each other in the playoffs with 700-1k more kids for championships and two schools with 200 kids why do you even have a school ? how about combine them with surrounding schools because their is 3a schools with 800 kids, so that is just about double southern has with 1758🤡

Last edited:
you can go look at all the schools numbers and look at the ones who be in the playoffs majority of the time, then look at their numbers its common sense. yes some areas produce better athletes so it doesnt affect them as much, but again still does this mean their not at a disadvantage ? and you comparing a school with 200 kids playing schools with 800 is that not 600 kids difference ? is that not the same difference as a 1700 and 1100 ? regardless if one is 4x and the other 1.5 600 kids is 600 kids

and i never said it should be this but no school should be playing each other in the playoffs with 700-1k more kids for championships and two schools with 200 kids why do you even have a school ? how about combine them with surrounding schools because their is 3a schools with 800 kids, so that is just about double southern has with 1758🤡
Come to the mountains, in particular, North and West of Asheville, and you will find a need to have schools this size. Some kids in our areas already ride buses far longer than you can imagine due to proximity to schools from communities and coves that are distant. It’s always good to remember, that not everywhere is like where you’re from and that goes for all of us.

Come to the mountains, in particular, North and West of Asheville, and you will find a need to have schools this size. Some kids in our areas already ride buses far longer than you can imagine due to proximity to schools from communities and coves that are distant. It’s always good to remember, that not everywhere is like where you’re from and that goes for all of us.
where im from we got out of school around 2:45 didnt get home from the bus until around 4:30 in harlowe so i don’t understand wym where im from and i actually stayed in the mountains for a little bit near blue ridge i’ve been all over nc my guy i know how all of nc is and that wasnt the point i was making 200 student schools it should be like something
400down 1a
800-401 2a
1100-801 3a
1500-1101 4a
1900-1501 5a
etc- 1901 6a

this is what i was meaning
then you could do all the factors like boys compared to girls going to the schools etc to move around and this just a example with the numbers so dont take it literal

Reactions: Mbulld
you can go look at all the schools numbers and look at the ones who be in the playoffs majority of the time, then look at their numbers its common sense. yes some areas produce better athletes so it doesnt affect them as much, but again still does this mean their not at a disadvantage ? and you comparing a school with 200 kids playing schools with 800 is that not 600 kids difference ? is that not the same difference as a 1700 and 1100 ? regardless if one is 4x and the other 1.5 600 kids is 600 kids
No 200-800 isn't the same as 1100-1700
Not even close.
It's basic math.
400% bigger is not the same as 40% bigger.
Raw numbers like you use are mis leading.
For example more white folks are on government hand outs than any other group.
But look at it by percentages and you will see that whites are near the bottom of that list.

64 in each class will make 1a around 410
2a I think will go to 650.
That with 7a

Reactions: Mbulld
Dudley is larger than many 4A schools but the last realignment took 25% into play ISP numbers and 25% NCHSAA cup points.
Dudley is not overly competitive in many other sports and many of their students receive forms of government assistance.

That’s also why some of the smaller schools in 4A, 3A, 2A might be in a smaller classification if it was just based on ADM numbers.

Reactions: beamer24
Dudley is larger than many 4A schools but the last realignment took 25% into play ISP numbers and 25% NCHSAA cup points.
Dudley is not overly competitive in many other sports and many of their students receive forms of government assistance.

That’s also why some of the smaller schools in 4A, 3A, 2A might be in a smaller classification if it was just based on ADM numbers.
Lexington had 900 students recently but is also on 99 percent free lunch so I thought that may be the reason Dudley and West Charlotte were down in classification also

Simple. Create a division for schools under 400 for eight man football. Reclassify the rest based on 4,5 or 6 classifications.

8 man 😂

Why should a team with 340 kids have to be forced to play 8 man? That's silly. That will never happen.

Simple. Create a division for schools under 400 for eight man football. Reclassify the rest based on 4,5 or 6 classifications.
That's what Texas did when they went to 6A. 8 man just became 1A and 5A became 6A. The only real change was on paper, not reality lmao

Reactions: btango
8 man 😂

Why should a team with 340 kids have to be forced to play 8 man? That's silly. That will never happen.
I would say not forced to but give them the option. The catch would be if enough schools opt to do that the maximum number for the 1A ADM probably increases. No more 25 team classifications.

crazy that theirs 4 teams in the east alone 3a that have more numbers than 4a new bern… yet these teams want to brag when they are good you should be when you have 1600-1750 students and you’re playing schools with 1000-1100 😂

im actualy now more impressed that New Bern wins in the biggest 4a playoffs than any charlotte team or greensboro team

New Bern literally won 4a states with 3a numbers 😂 yet people want to talk about they got the best football you should when u always have a advantage but thats it thats all
Reclassification should happen every two years. 4 years is too long of a time period and the ADMs can change dramatically.

Reactions: Squirrel Gravy

I guess we know why now lol

• Haha
Reactions: KingJordon704

Also, Asheville consists of the traditional High and the Silsa Academy which has about 340 students...probably not many of them play football

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT