ADVERTISEMENT

AC Reynolds vs Butler Rd 3 Playoffs

Vik-Val 86

May 20, 2020
11-1 AC Reynolds will take on 10-2 Butler. As we can see how the playoffs are going it can be anyones ball game to win. Any thoughts with this game. Should be a good one.

Last edited:
ACR by 1. if it’s close in the fourth quarter, Reynolds will win. Bet your house on it. I’ve seen it since 1999.
When ACR lined up for that 41 yard game winning FG last night with 1:25 left, there was a 100 percent chance he was going to make it

This will probably be the best defense Butler has seen all year. It will be intriguing on how Hales will call this game.

Reactions: Vik-Val 86
One thing to note. Cold temperatures plunges in this week. I see low 40’s for the high Friday in the Asheville area and low 20’s that night. This make the playoffs more fun I think.

We had a great opportunity, and simply just picked a bad night to have a bad night lol. Genuinely think Butler is, at a minimum, going to the 4A west finals
I hope so, Reynolds is a tough opponent. We played them once in 01 and got destroyed. The thought was it being a Reynolds/Indy west finals but East Meck beat them the following week. That was a huge win becoming in those days Charlotte as a collective would lose to the county teams and Reynolds.

If the game was at Butler I would think even/leaning Butler. Since this game is at AC than I have to go AC at home by 3-7 pts. AC has always been tough at home. This is a great matchup by the way.

Last edited:
Careful now....they'll jump all over you if you say Reynolds may have the best defense an opponent has seen.

This is an example why you get demolished on this board. Nobody thinks that way but you. Shelby got their Butts smashed, so you come up to the 4A board to create a narrative that does not exist. Then you cry out to the moderators, when you're called out in a derogatory manor. Please stop them from saying ugly things about me. Unbelievable!

Reactions: portcity FB
This is an example why you get demolished on this board. Nobody thinks that way but you. Shelby got their Butts smashed, so you come up to the 4A board to create a narrative that does not exist. Then you cry out to the moderators, when you're called out in a derogatory manor. Please stop them from saying ugly things about me. Unbelievable!
I doubt Reynolds defense will be the best defense Chambers has seen all year.

I highly agree with that statement, chambers plays with that knock your head in the ground intensity, i wouldn't be surprised if they there talking trash and stomping on the center field logo, making it there house, but who knows maybe ACR scores 50

Might wanna check out Highland Springs, Hough, and Mallard Creek before you make that third statement. Not saying ACR defense isn’t good but to say they will be the best they have seen is a VERY bold statement

👀 👀 👀 👀 👀

Too funny.

Now....just waiting on the one Nepsy to tell me I don't know about football....smdh.

Not one mention of Shelby on the 4A board in weeks except by you. Guess the program is living rent free in your head.

You are a bully. Point blank a bully. Guess it makes you feel good about yourself.

Reactions: 2nd To None
Not one mention of Shelby on the 4A board in weeks except by you. Guess the program is living rent free in your head.

You are a bully. Point blank a bully. Guess it makes you feel good about yourself.
To be fair Chambers played Mallard Creek, Hough and Highland Springs and they have elite defenses with great talent. I totally understand the thought process in thinking that Reynolds wouldn’t be the toughest defense Chambers has faced.

Butler on the other hand Independence and New Hanover might be the best defense they have seen this year and they aren’t considered elite defenses.

I am confident Reynolds will be the best defense. Butler is more varied in their offensive attack than Chambers. They can go under center, pistol, shotgun with some no huddle. This will be fun.

AND? So what! You can copy and paste selectively. You're not going to get it your way, so stop crying.

I’m telling you, if this game is close in the fourth quarter, Reynolds will win. In 2009 when they won the state championship, they won their final 3 games by a combined 3 points. It doesn’t matter if it’s 65-64 or 9-8, if it’s close in the fourth quarter and there is one final play that everything rides on, Reynolds will win. They make the play EVERY single time. If Reynolds is down Friday 21-19 and they are lining up for a 56 yarder, warm the bus up, cause you just lost.

*Also, I’d like to let the record show that that same 2009 Reynolds team lost by double digits to Asheville High on their home field.

• Haha
Reactions: dcov33 and DixieTN
Keep in mind, that was 2009.
I understand that, I was just correcting the previous post that’s all. I know previous teams can’t help this years team. I believe Ashcougar was being funny with his post so I was also. That’s it nothing else.

Reactions: AhsCougar1
Previous teams can’t help, but the damn head coach sure can. How the hell is he still a high school football coach? He could probably go to 10 different colleges. I’m sure they’re interested

Reactions: Reynoldsrocks2
I’m telling you, if this game is close in the fourth quarter, Reynolds will win. In 2009 when they won the state championship, they won their final 3 games by a combined 3 points. It doesn’t matter if it’s 65-64 or 9-8, if it’s close in the fourth quarter and there is one final play that everything rides on, Reynolds will win. They make the play EVERY single time. If Reynolds is down Friday 21-19 and they are lining up for a 56 yarder, warm the bus up, cause you just lost.

*Also, I’d like to let the record show that that same 2009 Reynolds team lost by double digits to Asheville High on their home field.
2021-Shelby 15-12
Asheville 6-5
2019- KM 17-10
2018- SD 27-24
MT 24-21
2017- Wedd 21-13
2016- Wedd 28-21
2014- WF 43-35
Erwin 27-21

Every team loses close games. Many times being really good isnt good enough, have to be fortunate to win as well.

I dont know, this is a toss up. Butler is more consistent than in recent past. Sometimes they have some type of mental lapse or something where they seem to fall asleep at the wheel. If they take too long to wake up they lose. Wouldn't be a good idea to play like that in this game.

I dont know, this is a toss up. Butler is more consistent than in recent past. Sometimes they have some type of mental lapse or something where they seem to fall asleep at the wheel. If they take too long to wake up they lose. Wouldn't be a good idea to play like that in this game.
Bingo!!! Butler the past couple weeks have gotten off to better starts. Against Catholic and Independence Butler got down 19-0 and 17-0. To their credit they would take the lead in both games but they are 1-1 in those games. Doing that against Reynolds is playing with fire.

2021-Shelby 15-12
Asheville 6-5
2019- KM 17-10
2018- SD 27-24
MT 24-21
2017- Wedd 21-13
2016- Wedd 28-21
2014- WF 43-35
Erwin 27-21

Every team loses close games. Many times being really good isnt good enough, have to be fortunate to win as well.
I refuse to believe that these are real AC Reynolds scores, because it hurts my argument

If this game was more close in my area I would honestly take this one in. This should be a good one

The reference was to the overall culture that Laws has built. ACR is tough when it counts, even if they're outmatched.
Won’t matter in this game. You could say the same about Butlers HC Brian Hales. He has been an assistant at the school since 2004 and became HC in 2012. He has 3 state titles under his belt and been there done that when it comes to anything 4a football in NC.

This will be a good ball game. Butler looks better with a 4 man front on defense instead of the 3 down lineman. Would love to see them slide #23 on the inside with #90 and have 8 and 34 on the ends. They were able to run the ball and somewhat stop the run against Mooresville but hard to say bc I thought Mooresville looked very weak athletically and physically.

I could see this game being defensive battle and low scoring. 14-10 type ball game. We will see.

I know this Reynolds team is really good but this butler team looks pathetic to put it nicely. They’ve been bad on offense defense and special teams…..so far

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT