ADVERTISEMENT

Mt. Tabor @ Butler 3rd Rd.

CPC4LIFE

Jul 31, 2010
Mt. Tabor will face its toughest team this year. Butler is hitting on all cylinders while Tabor has enjoyed the underdog role in Rd. 1 & 2.

Tabor will need to hit big plays and control the time of possession and I just don’t see that happening.

Snook Peterkin has to get the ball a lot. He’s gotta get it through the air, kick returns & rushing attempts and Tabors defense has to play lights out.

I’ll take Butler by 14pts….. I also think it will be Butler vs Grimsley in the Western Finals.

This would be the fifth Butler/Tabor matchup but first in the playoffs. Butler is 3-1 in all time. Two of those wins were somewhat close then Butler pulled away to win by a couple of scores and the other win was a 49-21 win which was the last time they met. The only Tabor win was 2013. Butler has player Tabor more than Hough which is a random fact that occurred to me.

If Tabor is what has been described in regard to talent and coming together at the right time (as mentioned in the Mooresville/Tabor thread) it can be a 28-21 Butler win but tight.

If it’s the Tabor I saw against Mooresville and what Ive seen when I look at their schedule in terms of wins and losses, this game could resemble the West Forsyth game a few days ago.

Looking at the West, I see Butler, Tabor, Hough, Weddington , Catholic and Independence - all teams Grimsley have beaten of late. Watauga is the only unfamiliar opponent.

Cream rises to the top.
The Butler win was almost three seasons ago, not sure if that qualifies “of late”. Both teams have a different collection of talent. I will admit Grimsley showed heart and resilience in that game.

Reactions: Vik-Val 86
I saw a video on Butler vs another team. You could tell Butler has got the speed. I don’t see Mt Tabor hanging with Butler.

I love Butler’s running game this year. Lawrence hasn’t thrown for a bunch of yards this year but it’s great having a D1 QB that can win the game with his arm if needed.

Mt Tabor 4 Star 2025 WR Snook Peterkin leaning FSU as well.... Mt Tabor is a young team and they will be a special team next year. I also think Snook will be 5 Star by summer. He's that good. He's also a dominate basketball player with offers as well.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT