ADVERTISEMENT

7%

This is where I saw it....guess the post was incorrect info

I do hope that the association will opt for a percentage based attendance as the executive order allows. But in doing so, we need to expect that it may negatively affect attendance for sports such as baseball and soccer. For instance, in Thomasville, soccer is played at what was intended to be a football practice field and track. So the spectator stands have very limited seating, all on one side of the field. 100 would be full and a reasonable percentage will mean very limited attendance. Packing 100 fans into that space with any semblance of social distancing would be impossible. There are baseball bleachers with similar problems.

That letter said absolutely nothing. And oc has there ever been 100 people at a High school soccer game? Lol

Reactions: BK13T-$
That letter said absolutely nothing. And oc has there ever been 100 people at a High school soccer game? Lol
Yeah, occasionally during our state championship year, or if we were playing East Davidson. But only about forty were in the stands. Cops involved a couple times. Bad move to put two fan bases in the same stands. Especially in a sport where half the fans don’t even know the rules😁.

• Haha
Reactions: Steelers71
Yeah, occasionally during our state championship year, or if we were playing East Davidson. But only about forty were in the stands. Cops involved a couple times. Bad move to put two fan bases in the same stands. Especially in a sport where half the fans don’t even know the rules😁.
OC, I have been to a soccer game there once, was that field built for just practice or was it intended for game play?

OC, I have been to a soccer game there once, was that field built for just practice or was it intended for game play?
It was built for football practice. Then a track was added and the bleachers were for track meets, long before Thomasville even thought about soccer. Not a lot of fan partisanship at track meets. But soccer families are a different sort.

It was built for football practice. Then a track was added and the bleachers were for track meets, long before Thomasville even thought about soccer. Not a lot of fan partisanship at track meets. But soccer families are a different sort.
If I remember correctly the stands we skewed toward one end of the field or do I have that confused with another field?

If I remember correctly the stands we skewed toward one end of the field or do I have that confused with another field?
They’re not exactly centered, but fairly close. Probably aligned more for watching the finish line in track than better suited for football or soccer.

This stuff is like make believe. 10,000 fans to 100. But I bet both ADs will be at the game with their wives. I feel horrible for the kids

Reactions: KW23
This stuff is like make believe. 10,000 fans to 100. But I bet both ADs will be at the game with their wives. I feel horrible for the kids
UNC, a little unfair dragging AD’s into this. Their jobs are to be at athletic events. Their job is demanding in normal times. Imagine all that has been thrown at them this year, for less than minimum wage with hours put in.

UNC, a little unfair dragging AD’s into this. Their jobs are to be at athletic events. Their job is demanding in normal times. Imagine all that has been thrown at them this year, for less than minimum wage with hours put in.

Come on man. My son's girlfriend was a soccer player on varsity team for four years, only saw the AD at ONE GAME. ADs aren't at every sporting event, but they are present at every football game, count on that.

I can honestly say that I have never been to a home sporting event at Thomasville when our current AD wasn’t there. AD’s don’t count in the 100, though the wife probably would.
I wouldn’t have that job in normal times......but now? Heck no!

Last edited:
I can honestly sat that I have never been to a home sporting event at Thomasville when our current AD wasn’t there. AD’s don’t count in the 100, though the wife probably would.
I wouldn’t have that job in normal times......but now? Heck no!
I have spoken with numerous coaches in numerous counties and have been told their spouses will not be attending games since they count toward the 100 and as they are trying to let parents in first.

Come on man. My son's girlfriend was a soccer player on varsity team for four years, only saw the AD at ONE GAME. ADs aren't at every sporting event, but they are present at every football game, count on that.
You were probably busy watching the game and didn’t notice the AD.
The AD probably checked in, saw things were being handled properly then went to do other AD stuff.
Plus no other sports are going on during football games. AD puts whole focus on FB games.

You could legit seat 30,000 people at Asheville high if you allowed people to sit on the banks of grass that surround 70 percent of the stadium. This whole thing is a joke

Reactions: BK13T-$ and 91ths
Hallelujah. Per HSOT
RALEIGH, N.C. — A source close to North Carolina Governor Roy Cooper told WRAL's Cullen Browder that an easing of COVID-19 restrictions is expected soon, including an increased capacity at high school sporting events.

Hallelujah. Per HSOT
RALEIGH, N.C. — A source close to North Carolina Governor Roy Cooper told WRAL's Cullen Browder that an easing of COVID-19 restrictions is expected soon, including an increased capacity at high school sporting events.
As I said in an earlier post, you can bet he’s getting behind the scenes pressure from his fellow democrats to loosen up some restrictions.

Hallelujah. Per HSOT

Outdoor sporting events like HS should be common sense enough to push.

Reactions: Sportsnut17
Thanks for the info OC. 50% would be great. South Point plays at home tomorrow night. I’ll be there, I might not get in but won’t be because l didn’t try

2 pm today there will be an update. 50% seems HIGH to me. I think they reached. If a team can get their player's and cheerleader's parents in the stadium that should be enough IMO. After that it is all about profits.

Update on my previous post. The NC house voted to override Roy’s mandate but the NC Senate has not taken up the issue. So I guess at this point whatever Roy says will be what we get. I’m going to the stadium tomorrow night. I might not get in but it won’t be because I didn’t try

50 percent is fair. Anything less than that is stupid. I can’t reiterate this enough. YOURE OUTSIDE! So 1,000 people should be able to be on an away side and a home side if 250 people can get in an airplane right now

Reactions: BK13T-$ and KW23
Cant Cooper say effective immediately which means people can watch tomorrow? Or does it have to go through more b.s. to become official before fans are allowed

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT