ADVERTISEMENT

7-0 Glenn vs East Forsyth

CPC4LIFE

Jul 31, 2010
Glenn hasn’t beat East in a long, long time but they have the team to reverse the trend. East trying to avoid 0-3 vs the ranked “Gauntlet” of teams/Meat of the Schedule. Should be a great game. Would love to see Glenn & West Forsyth Go 10-0 and meet in the Final Reg. Season game for the CPC Title but that’s a long way to go... It’s going to be tough to stay unbeaten for both teams.

After the last 2 weeks and the fact our D is stout there is no way Glenn is beating us by double digits. It's not happening.

Those other schools have had recent success against EF. Glenn has to convince it's they can beat EF. It'll be closer than the lady 3 years hopefully anyway but Glenn beating us worse than the 2 previous teams who both have better defenses isn't happening.

After the last 2 weeks and the fact our D is stout there is no way Glenn is beating us by double digits. It's not happening.

Those other schools have had recent success against EF. Glenn has to convince it's they can beat EF. It'll be closer than the lady 3 years hopefully anyway but Glenn beating us worse than the 2 previous teams who both have better defenses isn't happening.

I agree, I think East Forsyth will play as if this game saves there season. I think by Glenn's perceived lack of a running game, the East defense will not spend long periods of time on the field as they did against Page and West who have stronger running games. Will be interesting to see how this plays out on Friday night!

I still think that the Glenn QB is going to really have a big game. East is way too young and doesn't have the big time players this year. I think they have them on their roster but they are way too young. Glenn better get East this year because East will be the team to beat the next couple years. They are a Sophmore and Junior driven team. Glenn is a Senior driven team. Glenn by 3 scores! I hope East win's just because the Glenn coach was talking like this game is their Super Bowl. With a 7-0 team he should be focused on beating 1 team at a time and making a run this year. He's only worried about getting respect from beating East. They will beat East because East is so down but they will get bounced in the 2nd rd.

I still think that the Glenn QB is going to really have a big game. East is way too young and doesn't have the big time players this year. I think they have them on their roster but they are way too young. Glenn better get East this year because East will be the team to beat the next couple years. They are a Sophmore and Junior driven team. Glenn is a Senior driven team. Glenn by 3 scores! I hope East win's just because the Glenn coach was talking like this game is their Super Bowl. With a 7-0 team he should be focused on beating 1 team at a time and making a run this year. He's only worried about getting respect from beating East. They will beat East because East is so down but they will get bounced in the 2nd rd.
@Warhead1 we may not be the EF everyone's grown accustomed to but it would be more of a concern if we were losing to teams we ought to beat.

With the exception of Tabor we figured the games lost this year were games we figured we could lose. What I looked at was the competitiveness in each of those games. East climbs back and takes the lead against Page falling in the end. EF climbs back to within a score of WF and the momentum shift until questionable decision on 4th down eventually falling in that game

Now somehow we're supposed to get our brains beat out by probably the worst 7-0 team in the gauntlet as well as the state. The same qb we've seen 3 years in a row and has scored 20 something during garbage time once.

We probably don't put up 40 Friday but I guarantee you they're not coming close to beating us by 3 scores and neither Page nor WF could.

Glenn defense is the weaker of the 3 and what Glenn does offensively plays into EF hands as evidence the past 3 years. Unless there defense suddenly plays lights out and offensive can rush the ball at will against EF I don't see where Glenn has any advantage. This is probably Glenn's first major test and one they haven't passed since 07. They're past due but Glenn's makeup gives them no decided advantage against EF.

Reactions: PagePirates44
I really do think EF has the upper hand in this game.
Page and WF have much much stronger defenses than Glenn, and the skilled guys Glenn has isn't anything EF hasnt seen before.

Reactions: Veejay4
The past is the past and this is a new year. I know what East has done in the past but that doesn't change the fact that Glenn is 7-0 and East is 4-3. Trust me I'm not on here trying to bash East Forsyth. I just think that there is no way that EF is the favorite going into this game. When I say Glenn is a 3 score favorite I'm not saying 21 points Just 3 scores.

Lets compare and I'm not talking about strength of schedule.

Oline - (Glenn) In my mind this one goes to Glenn. They make far less mistakes than East and keep their QB standing up while East QB is on the ground often.

WR's - (Glenn) This one is not even close. The Glenn WR's are flat out playmakers the East WR's struggle to make plays unless they get perfect passes thrown to them that hit them square in the numbers. Also East WR's drop easy passes at times that result in INTs.

RB's - (East) I think East has one of the deepest backfields in the area. Its just tough to run the ball when your oline is struggling like they are.

QB's - (Glenn) The Glenn kid is a baller! He can make all the throws and he can run. He will be the X-Factor in this game. If Bullins turns the ball over this one will get out of hand. Glenn's offense looks pretty powerful.

Defense
Dline - (Tie) Both teams have very strong Dlines. I think Glenn may have an advantage just because East will have to deal with a QB that can make plays with his feet.

LB's (East) The East LB's especially Worthy #23 is a beast! That kid makes 20 plus tackles a game. He maybe one of the most underrated players in the county.

DB's - (Tie) East really struggled last week against the pass especially when the QB broke the pocket. The Glenn QB will be the best they have seen this year.

Kicker - (East) I think the East Kicker is one of the best in the area. He made clutch kicks against Page and hit a 45+ yard fg at halftime against East

Punter (Glenn) He can really kick the ball and change the field for the Glenn defense. The East punter has had several punts that didn't go further than 20 yards.

Ok with all that said I think Glenn is the better team going into this game plus they have home field advantage which is huge. Glenn is 7-0 for a reason and like I said East is 4-3 for a reason. I know East has played a tougher schedule and I think that works against them cause they are beat up and their confidence is at a low. Glenn is flying high and led by really good Sr players. I do follow NW Guilford and East Forsyth but find myself at East games more often since NW has been so bad this year. I just think that Glenn is the better team and this is the one year they will get East. Look people the streak has to end at some point in time and Glenn is stacked while East is too young and can't close out games. Glenn will win and East will regroup after this year and return to their dominate status in the area.

If East will stick to the power running game to set up the pass and use #4 AJ Hall at QB as a dual threat then I think they will have much more success than they have had the past few weeks. Glenn's defense is not on the same level as Page or West. East should be able to move the ball in this game. The good thing about playing good teams is you learn where your weaknesses are so you can improve on them. East should do that. On the other hand, this will be the best defense that Glenn has faced all year, how will they respond?

The Razzak kid is a hand full with this speed and quickness. He burned East on a KOR for TD last year, have to contain him in the return game.

@Warhead1 I wouldn't give Glenn the O-line advantage yet. They've been protecting a mobile QB against subpar defenses, they better be able to keep him upright! I think that goes for the rest of your analysis too, hard to compare considering the competition they have faced. Case in point - East threw for 300 yards and put up 70 on Carver, but no one would claim EF has an elite passing offense. The gap between East and Glenn has been so big the last few years, I'm just not ready to say Glenn is far superior because they beat up on a bunch of weak teams. (And please, don't bring up the Tabor games to refute this claim. We'll agree to disagree on the importance of Glenn's win and East's loss against MT.)

Switch the schedules and East has a better record, would that change anyone's opinion going into this game?

Reactions: PagePirates44
@Warhead1 it's not that they're 7-0 but 7-0 against whom? With the exception of Tabor who have they beaten. I'd love to be 7-0 too but not at the expense of not knowing what kind of team I truly have.

We're (EF) 4-3 and while the record isn't attractive I believe we have a better sense of what we are. That's why you continue to hear the Glenn coach clamour for respect, even they understand who they've played thus far and know this is their true first test.

Glenn will get every opportunity to prove if they've arrived or not starting tomorrow night.

Can't keep trotting out their 7-0 and not discuss who they've beaten. Good thing about it the talking is done this time tomorrow night.

You can only play the teams on your schedule and so far Glenn has looked very good against everyone they have played. I'm not trying to bash EF I think they are good I'm just saying that Glenn eventually has to win one of these. Glenn has if I'm not mistaken 28 Seniors on their roster. Glenn is a really good team from what I've seen. They have beat all the same teams that East has played and right now East is on a 2 game losing streak. I hope East goes out and crushes Glenn but I have to give the edge to Glenn going into this game. To the Glenn fans this had better be the year that you beat East. If you don't do it this year I don't see it coming anytime soon. From what I heard the East JV's smashed Glenn tonight and East has about 100 kids on JV while Glenn has about 30. My friend who's son plays JV football at East and he also said that it's like Glenn doesn't even coach their JV's. I heard that the Glenn HC and Coordinators just stand in the endzone and watch while the entire Varsity EF staff coach's the young kids just like its a Friday night game. I don't understand how coaches don't coach their JV squads and just use them as blocking dummies for the Varsity? Not saying Glenn does that but if your HC doesn't even walk on the sideline it doesn't look that important to him. IMO that's your future and unless you get a ton of varsity transfers you better coach up your young guys so they are ready next year. Hoping for a great game tomorrow!

I agree this is Glenn's best chance but you can't dismiss Ledford, NF, Carver and a now 3A Tabor who lost to.

We'll find out if the record is padded or they're legit. Agreed you play the teams on your schedule but they scheduled Ledford we scheduled and went to a ranked Sanderson at the time. I honestly believe we're more proven and battle tested. Otherwise I agree with everything you said. Should be interesting tonight.

Its about time this game generated some buzz. 102Jamz and some other media and social media have been discussing this game.

Nothing like high school football and a rival game with implications to top it all.

Feel like this will be a dogfight. Question will be can EF stop Glenn's QB who really blew me away at 7 on 7s in the Summer and seemed to be on a hot streak as of late.
This will be a test to see if Glenn is for real though and to see if their defense is for real. Giving up less than 10 points a game I can see this being a 14-10 type of ball game honestly. No way Glenn wins by double digits, if they do I will be surprised.
Glenn by 4.

Feel like this will be a dogfight. Question will be can EF stop Glenn's QB who really blew me away at 7 on 7s in the Summer and seemed to be on a hot streak as of late.
This will be a test to see if Glenn is for real though and to see if their defense is for real. Giving up less than 10 points a game I can see this being a 14-10 type of ball game honestly. No way Glenn wins by double digits, if they do I will be surprised.
Glenn by 4.

Each team will be jacked up for this game!! Cross-town rivalry, inferiority complex by Glenn, East trying to end first losing streak since 2010, Glenn trying to end decade long losing streak to East, East tired of hearing how great Glenn is this year, Glenn tired of hearing how they are little brother in K-Vegas.....

I think the winner of this game is the one that can put all that to the side, get focused and execute their game plan for 48 minutes. Going to be a lot of emotion on the field that can really help or really hurt if not kept in check.

7-6 EF. 2nd quarter. Glenn is not a top 10 3a or 4a school. Not impressed this far. More impressed with EF. They want it. they're playing like their lives depend on this game

Was very wrong about Glenn. They had everything we didn't.

Great qb play, playmakers and their defense was better than we thought.

I pray we come into a qb with some feet and decision making. Our special teams have been better.

No excuses we were soundly beat tonight.

We'll probably be going past Charlotte for the playoffs. Lol.

26-10 Final

Hats off to Glenn. They're a good football team.

Reactions: CPC4LIFE
It’s a beatdown of East Forsyth by Glenn, at the beginning of the year I was wrong: I said “East Forsyth Reloads” “they don’t rebuild” ! Was Wrong! That program is in RE-Build Mode. Not one good explosive player on the entire team. They won’t beat Davie and Reagan will be a struggle. Might miss playoffs!

Glenn won but I wasn't impressed at all. #10 for EF is a good corner. EF needs to keep #4 at starting qb. He extended a few plays and his legs was effective. EF defense was on the field for literally 70% of the game.

Glen #12,,2,8 stood of offensively but defensively 33,26 were man eaters on that dline. Glen offense looked very basic tonight. EF shut down their vertical attack. Glenn offense was 50% qb power.

In conclusion, for Glen to have over 25 seniors and EF playing sooo many underclassmen. I was disappointed in Glenn, but man o man the future looks very bright at EF. Congrats to Glenn

I pray we come into a qb with some feet and decision making. Our special teams have been better.

26-10 Final

You keep changing QBs and hoping that does it. It might be time to get out of the spread. It is other ways to move the ball. East is loaded with backs and big guys. When Danny was there they pounded people. Get back to that.

26-10 Final

Big win for Glenn, getting closer to a possible show down of undefeated's when they play West Forsyth

I told you all before the game....Guys is not the end of the world. Glenn beat an East team of Sophomores and Juniors they didn't beat the Eagles of the last few years. Like it was said they have almost 30 Sr's and most all of them are starters. After graduating almost 40 seniors at East you go into rebuild mode especially when every team you play is Sr heavy and in the Top 10. btw, Glenn was in a dog fight against a really bad offensive East team. The score really doesn't show how close the game was. Glenn got a couple easy scores late because of turnovers and special teams mistakes. East offense with the young Oline and no passing game can't get anything going against teams with average defenses. With all that said I will also say the Glenn HC was very classless tonight imo. You could tell he was really trying to prove a point. They had the lead inside 1 minute and started throwing fade routes....really coach? I can tell you one thing East Forsyth has a very talented JV and Glenn is losing a lot. Coach Stevenson better hope some talent transfers into his school cause he will be in worst position than East is next year. I know Glenn hadn't won in years but they are undefeated and rushed the field after beating a 4-4 team. Since its a rivalry game I will give you a break Glenn fans lol.

I told you all before the game....Guys is not the end of the world. Glenn beat an East team of Sophomores and Juniors they didn't beat the Eagles of the last few years. Like it was said they have almost 30 Sr's and most all of them are starters. After graduating almost 40 seniors at East you go into rebuild mode especially when every team you play is Sr heavy and in the Top 10. btw, Glenn was in a dog fight against a really bad offensive East team. The score really doesn't show how close the game was. Glenn got a couple easy scores late because of turnovers and special teams mistakes. East offense with the young Oline and no passing game can't get anything going against teams with average defenses. With all that said I will also say the Glenn HC was very classless tonight imo. You could tell he was really trying to prove a point. They had the lead inside 1 minute and started throwing fade routes....really coach? I can tell you one thing East Forsyth has a very talented JV and Glenn is losing a lot. Coach Stevenson better hope some talent transfers into his school cause he will be in worst position than East is next year. I know Glenn hadn't won in years but they are undefeated and rushed the field after beating a 4-4 team. Since its a rivalry game I will give you a break Glenn fans lol.

Another week, same story. Offense going long periods of time doing nothing, leaving the defense on the field way too long and they eventually wear out. Defense makes one goal line stand after another but O can't move it and punter can't get them off the goal line. Schedule eases up a bit so there is hope that east can figure out some way to move the ball and the D will always keep them in the game.

Glenn was better tonight. A little disappointed in the home crowd though, a lot of empty seats on the bobcat side. Rushing the field was a little comical but good for them. It's good for Kernersville though for both teams to be good so I hope Glenn can keep it going.

Another week, same story. Offense going long periods of time doing nothing, leaving the defense on the field way too long and they eventually wear out. Defense makes one goal line stand after another but O can't move it and punter can't get them off the goal line. Schedule eases up a bit so there is hope that east can figure out some way to move the ball and the D will always keep them in the game.

Glenn was better tonight. A little disappointed in the home crowd though, a lot of empty seats on the bobcat side. Rushing the field was a little comical but good for them. It's good for Kernersville though for both teams to be good so I hope Glenn can keep it going.
Yes...I have also said it before that I'm a big Coach Beal (East DC) fan ever since his days at NW Guilford with Coach Woodruff. He was rumored for a few HC jobs this year and teams will likely make a run at that guy cause he's a great DC. Coach Willert made a heck of a hire bringing Beal over to East from NWG back in 2015. His defense kept the Glenn QB guessing all night. In the end Glenn had no other choice but to run QB Leads just to move the ball. In the end Glenn just wore down the East Forsyth defense who was probably out on the field for close to 75 plays again for the 3rd week in a row. I think East was on the field for a total of 6 plays in the 3rd qtr. Glenn needs to make a big run this year because their JV squad is not very good and they lose even more than East lost last year.

If memory serves me correctly Willert had one of his players jump offsides two years ago to preserve a shutout 42-0? Didn't Willert throw a TD pass up 27+ points last year with less than 2 minutes left?? Gotta be able to take what you dish out.

Glenn STRUGGLED MIGHTLY tonight. 1 score game until LATE in the 4th. I was impressed with EF defense. 3-4, sometimes 2-5. Glenn passing game non exist. EF isn't
a bad team.

Glenn will have trouble in the playoffs against good teams. Especially a team with a good running attack. their defense with the exception of the dline was small. Teams like Harding or Scotland would have easily 300 yards rushing.

I think this game will help Glenn. They have alot of flaws, alot for an undefeated club. I'm sure the HC will use this to reel his team in because that is not a top 10 4a school.

Team full of underclassmen and we're rebuilding? I guess to an extent but this Glenn team is in the same position EF was a couple years ago.

Upper class led group that made a run. Ill take a closely contested loss full of underclassmen compared to a team with at least 28-30 seniors. You see how the score looks for us against them when our teams mature.

Again hats off to Glenn. They got the cup. Its a rival again but the sky isn't falling. EF will be fine. I have to be fair to EF qb though that O line didn't do a lot for him but you see what a good qb can do for a team though still.

Its sort of funny to read this thread. Last 3 years I read how EF is an elite, powerhouse program. Now its, " were young", " rebuild mode" . All of which was my point all along.

Elite teams dont lose to Glenn........Sorry

If memory serves me correctly Willert had one of his players jump offsides two years ago to preserve a shutout 42-0? Didn't Willert throw a TD pass up 27+ points last year with less than 2 minutes left?? Gotta be able to take what you dish out.
Yes you are right...Willerts 3rd string back-up QB might have thrown a TD pass but it's a 3rd string kid that never plays who probably threw the ball to a backup WR. Your Head Coach was calling plays cause I was sitting right behind him on the home side and he was doing it with your 1st string players. Don't worry about it Glenn coaches and fans you can run the score up all you want. Just don't complain about it next year when every team you play does it to you.

Thanks for the info. I'm just going off what I've been told and what little I've seen in highlights.

Yes you are right...Willerts 3rd string back-up QB might have thrown a TD pass but it's a 3rd string kid that never plays who probably threw the ball to a backup WR. Your Head Coach was calling plays cause I was sitting right behind him on the home side and he was doing it with your 1st string players. Don't worry about it Glenn coaches and fans you can run the score up all you want. Just don't complain about it next year when every team you play does it to you.
It was Bullins (#14) to Sligh the starting WR with less than 3 minutes left in the game

Head Coaches posting on the forum...got to love it!

Yeah, I didn't understand the point of trying to score when the game was decided late, but knowing Willert he will file that away in his memory bank when they meet a seasoned East team next year.

Reactions: Warhead1
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT