ADVERTISEMENT

7-0 Glenn vs East Forsyth

Yeah, I didn't understand the point of trying to score when the game was decided late, but knowing Willert he will file that away in his memory bank when they meet a seasoned East team next year.

Willert is easily offended so you are right.

It was Bullins (#14) to Sligh the starting WR with less than 3 minutes left in the game

Ok, maybe I was thinking of another game sorry if I got that one wrong. I just go off what I've heard from others... I do know like others have said with East returning most their team next year the Glenn HC had better hit the recruiting trail hard this off-season. I'm talking Johnny Roscoe Northern Guilford hard. East is returning most of their team and after reading some of the stupid comments he made in the newspaper I wouldn't blame any coach for wanting to run the score up on him. Sometimes as a Head Coach if you have beef with another HC it's better that you just keep it in house or just let that coach know in post game don't run to the media with it. After the game just talk about your team and your success. By going out and saying what he said it makes you look like you can't handle success. Just my opinion but it's clear that East is still the team to beat in K-Ville and you are still the little brother. If they weren't you would have told the world about your bigger goals like winning a championship or winning the conference not some petty crap that you felt you were justified in doing. Those comments are something that in my mind will hurt the program more than help it. The Glenn coach always talks about respect but that's not how you get respect. You get respect by winning games and handling yourself like a champion.

As for the game I came away with a few things. The East Forsyth Defense is legit again with all those young underclassmen. Just talked to a friend today about the last 3 games that East lost and the East Forsyth defense has been on the field for over 80 snaps against Page, over 70 Snaps against West, and if we were not mistake over 70 snaps against Glenn. Usually when you see a defense on the field for that many snaps they usually get blown out. Page came down to a last second FG. West came down to a few plays in the 2nd half. Glenn score doesn't show just how close that game was. It was 12-10 until a few minutes into the 4th before Glenn scored. Without the muffed punt on the GL the score is really 19-10. With all that said if East can find just a little bit of offense to hang their hats on and flip the field and win field position they could upset a few teams come playoff time. If their offense doesn't get something going it will be next year. Looking at their roster next year and the following year are going to be good for the Eagles. Btw, they have a young Freshman QB that can spin it. In a few years we are going to be hearing a lot about this kid if not next year.

Game could had went either way honestly. Glenn's average starting field position was around their OWN 27 yard line while EF starting field was average GLENN'S 10.

EF need to simplify their offense more. Bubbles screens and hb screens were there ALL NIGHT. Glenn blitzed alot. Also counter game would had been huge.

I was alil disappointed in Brown. I'm not from the 336 area, Im from the 704 area and I heard alot about him. Great things infact. Does he only put up big games against weak competition because he struggled MIGHTLY against EF. Which may not boad well because DC defense is tough

what did Glenn coach say in media about East or Willert that folks are referring to? I missed it.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT