ADVERTISEMENT

4A 4A Boys Basketball Thread

North Iredell pulls out a good win over South Iredell 63-50. North Iredell is playing some good ball.

I see North Iredell boys lost last night to 4A Mooresville after jumping out to a big lead early in the game. Mooresville must be good to beat North.

Reactions: Vik-Val 86
Mooresville made a last several second comeback to defeat 4A Rocky River to capture the North Iredell Tournament.

Name a bigger surprise this year that Mooresville. I knew we would be improved… I definitely didn’t expect 8-1 (1 second away from 9-0).

Mooresville made a last several second comeback to defeat 4A Rocky River to capture the North Iredell Tournament.
We made that way more difficult than needed. We didn’t play well throughout. At least twice we got out to 10+ point leads and squandered those leads. We were without are starting PG for the championship game (injury the night before).. it showed.

I'm happy to see Mooresville back to being a little relevant again. Better take advantage of playing in a weak league, but already off to a 0-1 start not good. Congrats on winning the tournament but better focus on winning in the conference or it will be a feel-good season. Best of luck and I for one am pulling for Mooresville to be like it used to be.

I'm happy to see Mooresville back to being a little relevant again. Better take advantage of playing in a weak league, but already off to a 0-1 start not good. Congrats on winning the tournament but better focus on winning in the conference or it will be a feel-good season. Best of luck and I for one am pulling for Mooresville to be like it used to be.
0-1… to a buzzer beater that couldn’t have been defended better than it was… to a perennial powerhouse. Literally 0.1 seconds away from 9-0 😂😂.

Not every league can be the league we just came from lol.

0-1… to a buzzer beater that couldn’t have been defended better than it was… to a perennial powerhouse. Literally 0.1 seconds away from 9-0 😂😂.

Not every league can be the league we just came from lol.
Cox Mill is down this year if you have seen them play. They don't have any of the talents when Leaky and Wendell were there, so not sure about the "perennial powerhouse" statement. They are solid at best but that is it. Good luck this year...again, I'm pulling for the Blue Devils to be relevant.

McDowell had a rough start to the season but have been steadily improving, winning 6 of their last 7 games. Big game tomorrow vs a really good Enka team who destroyed Freedom and beat a good Roberson team already.

McDowell had a rough start to the season but have been steadily improving, winning 6 of their last 7 games. Big game tomorrow vs a really good Enka team who destroyed Freedom and beat a good Roberson team already.
Enka also beat R-S Central, which may be their most impressive win. Should be a good test for McDowell.

Reactions: Titanman27
Cox Mill is down this year if you have seen them play. They don't have any of the talents when Leaky and Wendell were there, so not sure about the "perennial powerhouse" statement. They are solid at best but that is it. Good luck this year...again, I'm pulling for the Blue Devils to be relevant.
They’re still a program that is a traditional power. And yes I have seen them play. They may not have the bugs they’ve had in the past… but they still have some legit dudes on that team.

Mooresville puts a 90 burger on the board tonight, beats Hickory Ridge 90-73.

10-1. At West Cabarrus tomorrow. West has been playing good ball as of late. Us being down a cpl players to injury, should be a tough battle

Today at 7:30 South Iredell will be at home against AL Brown. Both teams struggling. Could be a coin toss in this one. I look for it to be a good one. 1/7.

Reactions: Hon Dines
Mooresville grinds one out an takes over 2nd in the GM4 with a 66-57 win. Couple late baskets made it a little closer… generally it Floated between 11-17 point gap most of the night. Foul trouble for both teams was the story… refs called every touch. Blue Devils now 11-1, home vs Statesville monday

Enka took down McDowell 87-65. They could make a deep run in 3A. They already have wins over RS, Freedom, McDowell

Mooresville sure is making a statement. Big showdown coming up soon with Lake Norman. Get the popcorn ready for that game.

Tomorrow 1/14 South Iredell will travel to Lake Norman for their next matchup. South Iredell boys is 4-9 and Lake Norman is 11-3.

Game of interest as 10-5 West Charlotte will take on 14-2 North Meck in boys game today at 7:30. 1/14.

Well we won but at a cost. No idea what the status of a couple of our top players is for Tuesday and Friday. Leave it to a 1 win team to ruin things 😂😂

• Sad
Mooresville hosts Cox Mill Friday…. This will be a BIG epic rematch as Cox mill won at the buzzer at the previous meeting. This should be another triller but hopefully Mooresville can pull out the win at home

If Mooresville loses this game, I don't want to hear any more talk. Again, take advantage of a weak conference this year and build from there.

If Mooresville loses this game, I don't want to hear any more talk. Again, take advantage of a weak conference this year and build from there.
I don’t get the Hate. If Mooresville loses this game I’m Ok with it. Now if they lose to LN then Talk needs to stop.

Cox Mill has and still is a Basketball school are they as what they were with Waddell no but they still very solid. LN is a bigger game then Cox Mill imo and So This isn’t that weak of a conference imo

Cox Mill is by far the best team then Mooresville but LN is still solid , West Cabarrus has some solid wins in Conference, SI did beat LN so they got some wins as well in conference n I’m bit surprised AL brown is that down n also Hickory Ridge

Yes this isn’t the Imeck but I think more competitive and anyone can lose at any time in this conference as LN has shown u bc I didn’t see LN losing SI n all that n In Imeck only 2 team I would worry about this year is North Meck n West Char. And Chambers but Even that conference 3 teams aren’t that strong n 3 of top team have 5-6 loses respectively- NM has 2

Alexander Central seems to have a pretty decent team with a bunch of kids that can shoot the 3 ball
Only thing hurts AC is they are 4A. Playoffs are about match ups so If they don’t get CLT or Winston early they could make atleast 2nd/3rd round run but they did take a tough loss to South Caldwell losing by 1.

AC does have a very good team but they need be more consistent and they gotta work on Rebounding. This prob one of their better teams I have seen at AC.

Reactions: ohio tarheels
South Iredell vs West Cabarrus that was to be played on 1/21 will be made up on 2/3. Boys game will start at 7:30 pm

I don’t get the Hate. If Mooresville loses this game I’m Ok with it. Now if they lose to LN then Talk needs to stop.

Cox Mill has and still is a Basketball school are they as what they were with Waddell no but they still very solid. LN is a bigger game then Cox Mill imo and So This isn’t that weak of a conference imo

Cox Mill is by far the best team then Mooresville but LN is still solid , West Cabarrus has some solid wins in Conference, SI did beat LN so they got some wins as well in conference n I’m bit surprised AL brown is that down n also Hickory Ridge

Yes this isn’t the Imeck but I think more competitive and anyone can lose at any time in this conference as LN has shown u bc I didn’t see LN losing SI n all that n In Imeck only 2 team I would worry about this year is North Meck n West Char. And Chambers but Even that conference 3 teams aren’t that strong n 3 of top team have 5-6 loses respectively- NM has 2
No one is hating at all. I simply said Mooresville needs to capitalize playing in a weak conference this year. And the league is weak no matter how you twist it. Those 3 teams in the IMECK are some of the top teams, regardless of classification, in the state. What are you talking about? If Cox Mill is the strongest team, followed by Lake Norman, waaaay overrated and losing to SI proved that, then sorry but that conference is weak. I've seen CM and they aren't impressive at all. Their best win to date is Hough and they are way down this year as well. Good luck the rest of the way. Again, I'm pulling for Mooresville to be relevant again, not just one year playing in a weak conference.

West Charlotte ( 12-6) with a big win over Mallard Creek ( 10-6) 70-54 in the boys game.

Game of interest tonight 1/25 at 7:30 pm. RJ Reynolds ( 8-8) vs Mt Tabor ( 12-5). I’m not sure how good Reynolds has been in recent years but do remember Reynolds being a powerhouse back in the days. I would think this would be a good game to watch to those living in the area.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT