ADVERTISEMENT

Top Boys basketball

In addition to the Charlotte Observer's picks, anybody that does not mention Lake Norman is just plain not with it. With the 4 absolutely top notch returning starters you now add Santana Lynch to the mix. OMG

Last year watching Myers Park with their talented starting 5 I remember seeing their 6th man a said who in the world is he and why is he not starting???? Santana Lynch.

Reactions: Vik-Val 86
I see Reidsville be back and I predict them to represent the 2a west….i figure eastern randolph boys will be good in 1a…..I heard the transfer quarterback they got from scottland also plays basketball (don’t quote me) any 6’4 addition to a former state finalist team can’t be bad. Definitely a great move in the portal by the wildcats getting a 2 for 1 if it’s true

I see Reidsville be back and I predict them to represent the 2a west….i figure eastern randolph boys will be good in 1a…..I heard the transfer quarterback they got from scottland also plays basketball (don’t quote me) any 6’4 addition to a former state finalist team can’t be bad. Definitely a great move in the portal by the wildcats getting a 2 for 1 if it’s true
Even though they lost two very key players, ER should still be pretty good. If Carter plays basketball like he does football, I'll be a happy guy. I'd love to see ER and Reidsville go at it (although the Cats would have a really hard time dealing with Harrison).

Bishop will probably make another deep run as well. I think they have the vast majority of their players back.

Northwood was already going to be loaded with 5-star Drake Powell, but they also added Beau Harvey from Chatham Charter this year. He was starting PG on teams that went 77-3 the last 2 years.
Yeah, that's a nice pick up for the Chargers. I wonder what made him leave CC? He must've wanted to play alongside Drake. In that case, I can't blame him for that.

Yeah, that's a nice pick up for the Chargers. I wonder what made him leave CC? He must've wanted to play alongside Drake. In that case, I can't blame him for that.
CC had some big graduation losses. They may of felt like the window of opportunity for a title was closing. They were probably right. For sure it is closed now.

Crest had a scrimmage vs East Gaston last night. Cal Pass, I believe is taking his game to another level as he has gotten stronger and the addition of King Rhodes gives them another weapon. They will be fun to watch.

Even though they lost two very key players, ER should still be pretty good. If Carter plays basketball like he does football, I'll be a happy guy. I'd love to see ER and Reidsville go at it (although the Cats would have a really hard time dealing with Harrison).

Bishop will probably make another deep run as well. I think they have the vast majority of their players back.
Only lost 2, so majority back

Reactions: Chute Boxe Hero
If you talking about Johnniyus Sharpe from Cummings he’s the real deal.. I think he averaged between 23 and 32 points last year for Cummings

I love seeing kids leave charter schools for public Idc if its not there "districted" school I just always hate a charter school lol
You do know charter schools are public right? You do know that the "recruiting rules" were around and in place looooong before charters were in place, right? You do know that charters have a lottery so not all kids are guaranteed to get in, right? The biggest problem is not charters, it is private schools selling a 'Christian" education, yet using sports to attract without holding them to the academic or Christian standards. You also speak out of both ends when you say, "IDC if its not there district school" which you basically are saying its okay for traditional schools to cheat, but you argue that charters cheat. SMH....

You do know charter schools are public right? You do know that the "recruiting rules" were around and in place looooong before charters were in place, right? You do know that charters have a lottery so not all kids are guaranteed to get in, right? The biggest problem is not charters, it is private schools selling a 'Christian" education, yet using sports to attract without holding them to the academic or Christian standards. You also speak out of both ends when you say, "IDC if its not there district school" which you basically are saying its okay for traditional schools to cheat, but you argue that charters cheat. SMH....
What recruiting rules are you speaking of?

1) charter schools are public but only allow certain students in (legalized segregation). Yeah your correct they do have a "lottery." And if you believe its truly a lottery your dumb.
2) Charter schools use my tax dollars. I want my tax dollars going to our traditonal Public schools that do not exclude students who are on free and reduced lunch ect. Many charter schools dont even have transportation to get kids to school. Who does that also exclude?
3) I dont mind private schools nearly as much. If you wanna spend 15k sending your kid to a certain school go ahead. Many of these schools have their own leagues such as Wesylan and HPC....They are privately funded not using my tax dollars. Its simple either go to a private school or public idc but choose. All charter schools do is muddy the water and give a cheaper way for certain people to segregate their kids from certain students

1) charter schools are public but only allow certain students in (legalized segregation). Yeah your correct they do have a "lottery." And if you believe its truly a lottery your dumb.
2) Charter schools use my tax dollars. I want my tax dollars going to our traditonal Public schools that do not exclude students who are on free and reduced lunch ect. Many charter schools dont even have transportation to get kids to school. Who does that also exclude?
3) I dont mind private schools nearly as much. If you wanna spend 15k sending your kid to a certain school go ahead. Many of these schools have their own leagues such as Wesylan and HPC....They are privately funded not using my tax dollars. Its simple either go to a private school or public idc but choose. All charter schools do is muddy the water and give a cheaper way for certain people to segregate their kids from certain students
You may want to check the legislature’s recent changes that allow sending our tax dollars to private schools.

Reactions: ObserveAndReport

I'm not a charter fan, either, but private schools also use your tax dollars. NC just passed universal private school vouchers, meaning in essence that we're going to start to subsidize private school regardless of the parents' income. It's kind of all part of the same 'school choice' agenda that weakens our traditional public schools. But to Dadof23's point, I can see these vouchers creating a mess when they start going to pop up "academies" that exist for sports with pretty lax academics. I guess time will tell.

Reactions: nwguilford007

First, I'm not dumb, but that is what people revert to these days when they disagree. The lottery is monitored by the Charter Board and they mandate ALL Charters to uphold the law or lose their Charter, which includes a lottery. My kids were a part of a Charter since elementary, which it took them 3 years to finally get in because of the LOTTERY. I saw many things at the Charter School they attended: Buses were provided, lunch/breakfast were provided for everyone including free/reduced, many different cultural backgrounds, kids that flourished socially/academically, and a positive environment where teachers didn't "milk" the system. My kids wanted to go to school each day and both ended up having opportunities in academics and sports. And Charter schools are considered a school of "choice" as you mentioned. Parents and kids "choose" to put their name in the lottery and wait for a phone call of acceptance. And my point of private schools...yes, they play in their own league, but they also take those athletes from public schools and they are doing it more than ever now.

First, I'm not dumb, but that is what people revert to these days when they disagree. The lottery is monitored by the Charter Board and they mandate ALL Charters to uphold the law or lose their Charter, which includes a lottery. My kids were a part of a Charter since elementary, which it took them 3 years to finally get in because of the LOTTERY. I saw many things at the Charter School they attended: Buses were provided, lunch/breakfast were provided for everyone including free/reduced, many different cultural backgrounds, kids that flourished socially/academically, and a positive environment where teachers didn't "milk" the system. My kids wanted to go to school each day and both ended up having opportunities in academics and sports. And Charter schools are considered a school of "choice" as you mentioned. Parents and kids "choose" to put their name in the lottery and wait for a phone call of acceptance. And my point of private schools...yes, they play in their own league, but they also take those athletes from public schools and they are doing it more than ever now.
If it took 3 years for your child to get in he/she must have been a questionable athlete.

Reactions: pirate.....97
If it took 3 years for your child to get in he/she must have been a questionable athlete.
Well, at age 9 I would say they were too busy with other things like being a kid to really get noticed as much...but by college my son received a full athletic/academic scholarship at D2 school where he played 4 years and my daughter an academic scholarship where she is enjoying those benefits in Florida. They both grew, like all kids, socially/academically/athletically at the Charter they attended. Not sure they would have benefited academically if they would have stayed at their "traditional" school but to them, their Charter School was their "traditional" school. They met many life-long friends of all cultural backgrounds because of the Charter, which would have never presented itself at their "traditional" school. So, I was happy with our "choice" to attend a Charter and many others are as well.

Well, at age 9 I would say they were too busy with other things like being a kid to really get noticed as much...but by college my son received a full athletic/academic scholarship at D2 school where he played 4 years and my daughter an academic scholarship where she is enjoying those benefits in Florida. They both grew, like all kids, socially/academically/athletically at the Charter they attended. Not sure they would have benefited academically if they would have stayed at their "traditional" school but to them, their Charter School was their "traditional" school. They met many life-long friends of all cultural backgrounds because of the Charter, which would have never presented itself at their "traditional" school. So, I was happy with our "choice" to attend a Charter and many others are as well.
what traditional school were they gonna attend?

In 2A I have Salisbury vs Reidsville in the West Region Championship and Northwood vs Farmville Central in the East
Not sure if it will come to fruition but hearing that Amore Connelly from Freedom is in the process of transferring to 2A West Caldwell

put private school academics up against public school anytime------prove your point

Last edited:
puy private school academics up against public school anytime------prove your point
I 100% agree, that was not my argument. My argument was private schools sell the "Christian" values mixed in with high academic standards. Most of the "athletes" couldn't recite the lords prayer much less solve logarithms or analyze metaphysical poetry (which is a form of "higher" learning). Stop selling a product when the only reason a kid (player) is at the school is to play a sport, and the institution has no plans to hold the standards in which they should. SMH

I 100% agree, that was not my argument. My argument was private schools sell the "Christian" values mixed in with high academic standards. Most of the "athletes" couldn't recite the lords prayer much less solve logarithms or analyze metaphysical poetry (which is a form of "higher" learning). Stop selling a product when the only reason a kid (player) is at the school is to play a sport, and the institution has no plans to hold the standards in which they should. SMH
I asked you to prove this ---I will specify that it be sanctioned private schools (NCISAA & NCCSA)--I agree with you on these fly by night basketball schools -

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT