ADVERTISEMENT

3A Jacksonville @ 2A SWO

SWO-#1

Aug 28, 2002
Cards come to the Corral looking to continue their dominance over us. The first of 4
3A non-conference opponents to start the year prior to conference play in the new ECC.

Excited to see the QB Whitehead and his corps of receivers in what looks to be a pretty good passing game, who would have thunk ??. Hoping we can get some yards on the ground behind a pretty good sized line.

As always I'm more of a defense guy and question is Will they be better of the D side this year ?

Reactions: SWO-WA and UNC91
Usually Jacksonville likes to throw it around don’t they? If so, that SWO secondary will be tested. I’m gonna go out on a limb here though and say SWO gets the W. Good luck stallions.
Since it is early I’m taking SWO. If the is was a late season game, Jax

SWO needs to ground and pound to keep Jacksonville's offense off the field. If they can do that, swo pulls it out 28-21. If not Jacksonville wins by a touchdown.

SWO needs to ground and pound to keep Jacksonville's offense off the field. If they can do that, swo pulls it out 28-21. If not Jacksonville wins by a touchdown.
If the game is 7 or less I like our chances better no matter what the Offense is doing, run or pass.

Reactions: Tiger_Pride21
Not going to put a score or prediction on a winner. Swo seems to have changed the offense to a wide open 5 wrs, and going to throw the ball all around. I'll be at the game friday in person and cant wait. Hope for a injury free game

Reactions: SWO-#1 and Griddie
Not going to put a score or prediction on a winner. Swo seems to have changed the offense to a wide open 5 wrs, and going to throw the ball all around. I'll be at the game friday in person and cant wait. Hope for a injury free game
Amen. Hope that for all the kids across the state

Hoping to be there and shoot some video but I have a medical procedure on Fri morning. So we’ll see how things go. I can’t risk getting flattened along the sideline

Hoping to be there and shoot some video but I have a medical procedure on Fri morning. So we’ll see how things go. I can’t risk getting flattened along the sideline
Hope your Procedure goes well. I got a good vibe from the team young and relentless. They don’t mind putting them pads on you...I love it they starting to look like a vintage Stallion team.

Hope everything goes well with you at the doc. Love what you have done the last few years with the film brother

Reactions: SWO-WA
Thanks! I appreciate the well-wishes. Nothing serious but I’ll be tender in the gut for a few weeks.

Reactions: UNC91
Hope Dempsey and co. Have the boys ready to go. Huge test vs JHS tomorrow night.

Hope Dempsey and co. Have the boys ready to go. Huge test vs JHS tomorrow night.
I believe the boys been working hard Dempsey is bringing back the grind to his team. Southwest needs to limit Jacksonville big plays. Stallion defense looks good I don’t see Jacksonville running off tackle. Stallions must wrap up quit flying to the ball out of control!!! Key to victory tomorrow

I believe the boys been working hard Dempsey is bringing back the grind to his team. Southwest needs to limit Jacksonville big plays. Stallion defense looks good I don’t see Jacksonville running off tackle. Stallions must wrap up quit flying to the ball out of control!!! Key to victory tomorrow

JHS looked horrible and beat the breaks off us last night. JHS will struggle mightily this year. Not even top 100 3a school this year. Swo will struggle to win a few games this year, hurts to say this. Coaches on the sideline look like some type rec coaches. None matching in color or outfits. Again, these coaches cant relate to these boys. Coaches screaming at the top of their lungs, spitting in the kids face. I'm standing 40 yards away on the fence and can hear him loud and clear. The kid plays scared and timid the rest of the game. Dempsey needs to go and take his coaches with him.

Something has to change, swo is a shell of its self. Stands not even packed, no ex players on the sideline. Spoke with Kendric at the game last night, they should have gave that kid the job. He had players and local legend joining his staff. Every athlete within 120 miles would have transferred to swo to play for Burney.

Swo had zero line play, one kid hardison 75 at about 6*5, but hes a Tightend and they have him playing tackle. The QB, the coach kid looked scared for his life, and is a non athlete. We have 2 stud backs, Kerr and Bannerman. Kerr is getting reps but has zero line play. Bannerman didnt even play in the game? The kid is a 2 sport star and Dempsey wont let him touch the field.

I don’t know. A lot were looking through orange colored glasses.

Hoping for the best I guess lol. Swo will always have athletes, coach Dempsey will never be able to relate to these boys. Sad days ahead for swo, that's for sure

JHS looked horrible and beat the breaks off us last night. JHS will struggle mightily this year. Not even top 100 3a school this year. Swo will struggle to win a few games this year, hurts to say this. Coaches on the sideline look like some type rec coaches. None matching in color or outfits. Again, these coaches cant relate to these boys. Coaches screaming at the top of their lungs, spitting in the kids face. I'm standing 40 yards away on the fence and can hear him loud and clear. The kid plays scared and timid the rest of the game. Dempsey needs to go and take his coaches with him.

Something has to change, swo is a shell of its self. Stands not even packed, no ex players on the sideline. Spoke with Kendric at the game last night, they should have gave that kid the job. He had players and local legend joining his staff. Every athlete within 120 miles would have transferred to swo to play for Burney.

Swo had zero line play, one kid hardison 75 at about 6*5, but hes a Tightend and they have him playing tackle. The QB, the coach kid looked scared for his life, and is a non athlete. We have 2 stud backs, Kerr and Bannerman. Kerr is getting reps but has zero line play. Bannerman didnt even play in the game? The kid is a 2 sport star and Dempsey wont let him touch the field.
Lmao!! Yup absolutely horrible! Be glad they took a knee could have scored again. Coach showed class. But yeah we will take looking horrible and winning 42-7. Your hate for Jacksonville is so great you just can’t ever bring yourself to ever say anything good about them. But it’s ok. Like you said we might win 2 games… lol We need one more to meet your expectations. Lol

Reactions: FB is my Life
Just curious on some things you bring up in your post,

Does "Kendric" have a teaching certificate or any prior experience coaching that would have made him a viable candidate? Not talking a volunteer coaching DBs, but actual tenure in an established program. Maybe a coordinator? Kids transferring in from 120 miles to play for a first time coach? Is Dre Bly on staff too?

Is there an actual dress code for sideline apparel for the coaching staff? Matching shirts, hats, socks, shoes? Are t-shirts (if they were being worn) acceptable?

Coaches actually spitting in a kids face? That really happen?

Did the Bannerman kid do something (miss a practice, come late, degrade a teammate, miss a team meal, etc..) to warrant not playing? Was he dressed, is he injured? Did you question anyone at the game?

How is Dempsey not "relating" to these kids? DId he not play for Padgett? Was he not an assistant coach under Padgett? I mean sometimes these things happen. Look at Matt Doherty and how that went 20 years ago at UNC. Looking at his record since his hire, seems to be pretty successful. Is he the reason the stands arent full?

Ever consider speaking with Coach Dempsey directly and voicing your concerns instead of using a message board? Have you ever coached a HS football team? Ever ran a program? Dealt with kids and their mindset in this day and age?

Just curious on some of the things you posted. Obvious you put thought into it before posting since you didnt jump on here last night. Just looking for rational, well thought out responses for my questions. No reason to throw shade.

Look forward to your reply.

Last edited:
Reactions: dogs79
Just curious on some things you bring up in your post,

Does "Kendric" have a teaching certificate or any prior experience coaching that would have made him a viable candidate? Not talking a volunteer coaching DBs, but actual tenure in an established program. Maybe a coordinator? Kids transferring in from 120 miles to play for a first time coach? Is Dre Bly on staff too?

Is there an actual dress code for sideline apparel for the coaching staff? Matching shirts, hats, socks, shoes? Are t-shirts (if they were being worn) acceptable?

Coaches actually spitting in a kids face? That really happen?

Did the Bannerman kid do something (miss a practice, come late, degrade a teammate, miss a team meal, etc..) to warrant not playing? Was he dressed, is he injured? Did you question anyone at the game?

How is Dempsey not "relating" to these kids? DId he not play for Padgett? Was he not an assistant coach under Padgett? I mean sometimes these things happen. Look at Matt Doherty and how that went 20 years ago at UNC. Looking at his record since his hire, seems to be pretty successful. Is he the reason the stands arent full?

Ever consider speaking with Coach Padgett directly and voicing your concerns instead of using a message board? Have you ever coached a HS football team? Ever ran a program? Dealt with kids and their mindset in this day and age?

Just curious on some of the things you posted. Obvious you put thought into it before posting since you didnt jump on here last night. Just looking for rational, well thought out responses for my questions. No reason to throw shade.

Look forward to your reply.

What? Didnt even read half your story. If you aren't close to the swo program, you have no earthly idea what in the hell your speaking. Thanks for your concerns old man

Lmao!! Yup absolutely horrible! Be glad they took a knee could have scored again. Coach showed class. But yeah we will take looking horrible and winning 42-7. Your hate for Jacksonville is so great you just can’t ever bring yourself to ever say anything good about them. But it’s ok. Like you said we might win 2 games… lol We need one more to meet your expectations. Lol

You're out of hiding clown? Pipe down, you know your lane. JHS had zero line or athletes. Havelock might drop 70 on them boys at JHS. Thanks for showing your face, after all your choke jobs JHS has had recently

What? Didnt even read half your story. If you aren't close to the swo program, you have no earthly idea what in the hell your speaking. Thanks for your concerns old man
Simply asking questions. Of course I am not close to the program, hence the reason I asked the questions.

Instead of answering, you call out me being old which I cannot argue but I feel fairly young.

Sigh, guess maybe another SWO poster on the boards might can help me out.

• Haha
Reactions: UNC91
Jacksonville looked to be a good team but not as good as some of the teams they had in the last few years.

You're out of hiding clown? Pipe down, you know your lane. JHS had zero line or athletes. Havelock might drop 70 on them boys at JHS. Thanks for showing your face, after all your choke jobs JHS has had recently
Lmao! Zero line and no athletes! You are funny. Keep talking. Lmao! So what does that make your team? I mean you got beat 42-7 by a team with no line or athletes. Aren’t you the same guy who claimed SWO would beat Croatan by 50? Don’t sound like you know to much about judging talent. But hey at least we have already won those two games that you said we would win. Lmao!

Reactions: Tiger_Pride21
Lmao! Zero line and no athletes! You are funny. Keep talking. Lmao! So what does that make your team? I mean you got beat 42-7 by a team with no line or athletes. Aren’t you the same guy who claimed SWO would beat Croatan by 50? Don’t sound like you know to much about judging talent. But hey at least we have already won those two games that you said we would win. Lmao!

You came out of hiding? Went to the game and reported what I saw. JhS will struggle huge this year. If your reading comprehensive is decent you can see I've said swo will struggle this year vs this new conference. Not sure why you're still talking about the game??? You got JHS beating havelock and making a run? Hope I'm wrong about JHS, just what I saw. Sorry it hurt your feelings. A lot bigger problems in the world these days....

Reactions: Otis4411
You came out of hiding? Went to the game and reported what I saw. JhS will struggle huge this year. If your reading comprehensive is decent you can see I've said swo will struggle this year vs this new conference. Not sure why you're still talking about the game??? You got JHS beating havelock and making a run? Hope I'm wrong about JHS, just what I saw. Sorry it hurt your feelings. A lot bigger problems in the world these days....
I promise you or anyone on here ever hurt my feelings. I just love listening to a bunch of self proclaimed gurus who never played the game beyond the high school level go back and forth with the handful of us who actually were fortunate enough to get paid to play the game. But it is what it is. Where did I say Jacksonville would beat Havelock or that they would beat anyone for that matter? Pull that up and show everyone. I promise for almost 10 years of posting on here you will never find one post from me saying such a thing. Your right there are way to many things going on in the world today then to go back and forth. Anyways as always like I said a million times my second favorite team in Onslow county is SWO. The only night I don’t cheer for them and wish them well is when they line up against the Cards. I wish them luck against White Oak should be a good game.

I promise you or anyone on here ever hurt my feelings. I just love listening to a bunch of self proclaimed gurus who never played the game beyond the high school level go back and forth with the handful of us who actually were fortunate enough to get paid to play the game. But it is what it is. Where did I say Jacksonville would beat Havelock or that they would beat anyone for that matter? Pull that up and show everyone. I promise for almost 10 years of posting on here you will never find one post from me saying such a thing. Your right there are way to many things going on in the world today then to go back and forth. Anyways as always like I said a million times my second favorite team in Onslow county is SWO. The only night I don’t cheer for them and wish them well is when they line up against the Cards. I wish them luck against White Oak should be a good game.

Sorry brother, was asking what you had JHS doing this year? Ex. Beating havelock or making a run? Never said you typed that? But glad you made money playing the game, but you're on a message board bragging? How bout you brag about these troops giving their life for you to get paid to play a game????......

Reactions: daagoob
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT