ADVERTISEMENT

38 days

Any surprises coming up in the SMC? Does Hayesville slip from a possible 3rd place finish to 5th?

They'll be the favorites unless Murphy gets player ____ back. Seriously doubt that happens but if they do it's a legitimate tossup in my opinion.
You think Rville will be that good? So hard to replace a player like Anderson.

You think Rville will be that good? So hard to replace a player like Anderson.
Collins at QB is the real deal, he's the best in the conference and considering there's only been about 5 years out of the last 15 that Murphy didn't have the best QB in the conference that matters. Robbinsville o-line and d-line will be nasty as usual too.

Hooper isn't the overall player Anderson was, who was no doubt Robbinsville's best all around player and his loss will hurt. But purely as a back Hooper is not much of a dropoff and with the other pieces around him he will have a really big year.

Last edited:
If tarboro is small 1a then there’s no use to play the game
I wouldn't say that lol. Robbinsville and Murphy are powerhouse football programs I'd love to see it. Now as for the 1a east well I don't see anybody challenging Tarboro. Hopefully I'm wrong and Tarboro will go to 1aa and we get another shot at East Surry.

Reactions: Mhsneer
There’s really no drop off with Hooper IMO.
I agree Hooper should have a great season. He’s a great back. Just not sure they have another to compliment him like he did to Anderson. A lot easier to stop a single back then a tandem like last year. Rville doesn’t have another back with any significant playing time that I know of.

I agree Hooper should have a great season. He’s a great back. Just not sure they have another to compliment him like he did to Anderson. A lot easier to stop a single back then a tandem like last year. Rville doesn’t have another back with any significant playing time that I know of.
Collins is basically another running back and stud freshman Kage Williams should get more than enough carries to keep defenses honest ..not to mention Collins passing ability. Knights also return some big receivers, one who was a starter last year. Adams, Blevins and Harrell will share time in the backfield also. Harrell showed out in the State Championship game last year proving to be one of the better blocking backs Robbinsville has had in a while . When all is said and done,as Mbdfan mentioned, this O and D line could be better than last year. Strongest bunch I have ever seen for the Knights. They don't play nice either. I don't think Robbinsville will have the overall team speed as last year but who knows. If Williams and Adams step up,that may not be the case.
A touchdown will be the difference in Murphy and Robbinsville. The difference may be Robbinsville getting Murphy at home . And the ideas being tossed around of not allowing visitors at home games will hurt any visiting team.

Last edited:
Reactions: BK13T-$
Don't think he's being overlooked, he's still a freshman no matter how talented.
If I'm not mistaken he is supposed to be a sophomore. Pretty sure he was held back. Anderson rushed for over 2000 yds his sophomore year. Kage won't do that but he will make an impact. Im guessing he starts both ways.

Reactions: mbdfan and BK13T-$
Don't wanna beat a dead horse about how Robbinsville should do or not do but they have a weapon that very few teams in the SMC have..A deadly kicker..maybe the best in WNC

Reactions: BK13T-$
If I'm not mistaken he is supposed to be a sophomore. Pretty sure he was held back. Anderson rushed for over 2000 yds his sophomore year. Kage won't do that but he will make an impact. Im guessing he starts both ways.
Physically he may be a sophomore but still no varsity experience. This shortened season will be harder for freshman. No scrimmage and few non-conference games.

Reactions: Gentle Knight
Don't think he's being overlooked, he's still a freshman no matter how talented.

In the 1a TN state championship a Freshman from Fayetteville KJ Jackson ran for over 200 yards against South Pittsburgh and was the MVP.

In the 1a TN state championship a Freshman from Fayetteville KJ Jackson ran for over 200 yards against South Pittsburgh and was the MVP.
Yeah some freshman are certainly capable of making an impact but how many are truly stars as 9th graders? Murphy has had a few kids start and even be important players as freshman over the years but I honestly can't remember any that I would say were "stars" at that age. It doesn't mean it can't happen, there's always exceptions, but I wouldn't bank on it either.

Reactions: Gentle Knight
Yeah some freshman are certainly capable of making an impact but how many are truly stars as 9th graders? Murphy has had a few kids start as freshman over the years but I honestly can't remember any that I would say were "stars" at that age. It doesn't mean it can't happen, there's always exceptions, but I wouldn't bank on it either.

You are correct. Most of the time it’s hard for a freshman to have big impact but in high school it is easier.

Last edited:
Duke's QB (Daniel Jones) played 3 weeks later a couple years ago, but not everybody returns as quick as that.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT