ADVERTISEMENT

2AA West Semifinals: West Lincoln-Shelby (Vote for winner)

Who wins?

• West Lincoln

Votes: 11 12.8%
  • Shelby

Votes: 75 87.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
SHS LION I like you. I hope we don't let you down. Everyone wants a good game at this point in playoffs.

Playoffs are like a long par 5. Both these teams are on the green in two!

Shelby and West started with long majestic tee balls right down the middle. Ashe county and West Iredell’s tee balls went in the woods.

West’s 2nd shot was a 5-wood stinger that had a fortuitous bounce off the side of a bunker and trickled onto the front of the green. South Point went in the pond... gallery said something about the caddy and wrong club selection.

Shelby’s 2nd shot was a pin seeker 6-iron that was tight! Left them a 4 footer uphill for eagle! They got better gear than the rest of us! Maiden used a persimmon head and shanked it! They still down there hacking away!

yeah.... West Lincoln has a 60 foot double breaker putt for eagle... I know one thing.... that putt won’t be short! If the baggers from West Lincoln snake that putt in....

....Shelby gotta make that 4 foot knee knocker!
I love this game!

Did Burns not hold y'all to 26? I know thats not 21 since we are splitting hairs here.

I think it’s gonna be just like in baseball western finals....all Lincoln County! (That and no one is picking WL, so that means they gotta win,right?!?!)

West - 28
Shelby - 27

Reactions: NLHS35
I have no dog in the fight but I've seen NL and Shelby both play this year. NL was even better than I thought they'd be. Well coached and good at making in game adjustments. With their given personnel, they run their offensive scheme as well as any high school team I've ever seen. They hide the ball very well and create a lot of confusion out of the backfield. However, Shelby is gonna Shelby. I believe they will throw all over NL and then some more. I watched them play AC Reynolds earlier in the year and I said then and there that they would not lose a game against any 2-A team this year and that hasn't changed. (That 26-13 rivalry win over Burns keeps looking better each week as well for those bringing that game up.) I believe NL will give Shelby a pretty good game in the first half, but I think the Golden Lions will just be too much. NL is not built to come from behind while Shelby is very equipped to do so... Shelby 45 NL 14
We’re actually playing West Lincoln this week, bro.

Reactions: blkgolddynasty
We’re actually playing West Lincoln this week, bro.
Damn! That what happens when I get on here half asleep still posting before I've had my coffee. Geez! Lol. Well, I've had my dumb moment for the day already! Anyways, my prediction remains the same... Shelby 45, WL 14.

Last edited:
Reactions: Lion Attack
Hawg Hill High-West Lincoln Rebels sinks the 60 foot Eagle putt and Shelby has the yips on the 4 footer!
A Stunner!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT