ADVERTISEMENT

NCPreps Fan Vote Top 5 in East & West - 2A (Week 7)

notanyonesfan

Oct 1, 2016
I thought this might be fun to do. We have the NCPreps staff polls and all the Power Ratings with MaxPreps and Simmons. And as always there is disagreement from us in those. So why not create our own polls. For this we will separate the East and the West. You don't have to list them in order as a teams ranking in the top 5 will be based on number of votes given. Please list 5 from the East and 5 from the West. I will add up all the votes on Thursday afternoon and post the NCPreps Fan Vote Top 5s. I'll get it started. If it goes well I'll do this every week through the playoffs

West
Burns
Shelby
Maiden
Forest Hills
Monroe

East
Wallace Rose Hill
East Dupin
Princeton
South Granville
Hertford County

Chase has had 3 playoff teams in the past 10 years.

Chase has had 7 losing seasons in the past 10 years.

This year will be the first time Chase has went to the playoffs 2 years in a row since the '11 and '12 seasons.

It's been so long since Chase has made it past the second round, maxpreps doesn't keep records that far back

Chase is a good football team

Chase is not a top 5 football team

If Chase makes it out of the 2nd RD, it'll be the first time since 1998. It would be historical.

Chase is not getting slept on, Chase is still earning their right to be on top.

West

Burns
East Surry
Maiden
Monroe
Reidsville

East

Clinton
East Duplin
Northeastern
Princeton
Wallace Rose Hill

Shelby ain’t beat anybody yet…..except for teams with a delicatessen on their sidelines……Salad Bar…Carving Station…and a damn Chocolate Fountain.

Let’s go! Lions!😂😂😂😂
I'm an ABC person. Anybody but Cleveland county

West

Burns
East Surry
Maiden
Monroe
Reidsville

East

Clinton
East Duplin
Northeastern
Princeton
Wallace Rose Hill

Shelby ain’t beat anybody yet…..except for teams with a delicatessen on their sidelines……Salad Bar…Carving Station…and a damn Chocolate Fountain.

Let’s go! Lions!😂😂😂😂
And nobody in 2a has beat Shelby!

West
1. Shelby
2. Reidsville
3. Burns
4. Forest Hills
5. East Surry

Maiden, Monroe, CHASE, Bunker Hill, Salisbury

East
1. Wrh
2. Clinton
3. East Duplin
4. Northeastern
5. James Kenan

S. Granville, Princeton, Greene Central, Whiteville, St. Pauls, Hertford County
West
East surry
Reidsville
Monroe
Chase
Forest Hil
East
Wallace Rose
East Duplin
Northeastern
Hertford county
Clinton

West
1. Shelby
2. Reidsville
3. Burns
4. Forest Hills
5. East Surry

Maiden, Monroe, CHASE, Bunker Hill, Salisbury

East
1. Wrh
2. Clinton
3. East Duplin
4. Northeastern
5. James Kenan

S. Granville, Princeton, Greene Central, Whiteville, St. Pauls, Hertford County
Ok I will go with that only northeastern outside your area.. 😂😂😂😂😂

Reactions: Maiden Creek
I’ve seen a couple picked that have a 2a loss.

My East has two ….my West don’t.
But you were talking about Shelby, and who they have beat. When it comes to this Shelby team, your focus should be on who has beat Shelby. And no matter what their record is, I believe that they are still the best 2a team out west.

But you were talking about Shelby, and who they have beat. When it comes to this Shelby team, your focus should be on who has beat Shelby. And no matter what their record is, I believe that they are still the best 2a team out west.
Alright then….I’ll look at it again….soooo….you’re saying they’re better than their record.

Reminds me of a story….but it can wait till my buddy…2nd to None… shows up. 😉

Last edited:
West
Dont know enough about teams considered west for playoffs so I will abstain from ranking

East
Wallace Rose Hill-only loss to 5-1 4A Leesville Road. Biding time until 10/21 when they visit ED. Season finale with JK is no gimme.
Princeton-only loss was season opener to undefeated 3A SSS. Big win over ED the next week. Defense is a question mark but will finish the season undefeated. Cake walk rest of the regular season.
East Duplin-only loss at Princeton by one. Close win over county rival JK and a surprisingly easy win over Kinston. Huge game with WRH 10/21.
Greene Central-undefeated but SOS is very weak so far. Toughest test remaining is West Craven on 10/14.
Northeastern....two losses but to very good teams. Strength of schedule speaks for something as does putting 67 on Hertford. Will win out.

Honorable mention-JK, Whiteville, Clinton

West
Dont know enough about teams considered west for playoffs so I will abstain from ranking

East
Wallace Rose Hill-only loss to 5-1 4A Leesville Road. Biding time until 10/21 when they visit ED. Season finale with JK is no gimme.
Princeton-only loss was season opener to undefeated 3A SSS. Big win over ED the next week. Defense is a question mark but will finish the season undefeated. Cake walk rest of the regular season.
East Duplin-only loss at Princeton by one. Close win over county rival JK and a surprisingly easy win over Kinston. Huge game with WRH 10/21.
Greene Central-undefeated but SOS is very weak so far. Toughest test remaining is West Craven on 10/14.
Northeastern....two losses but to very good teams. Strength of schedule speaks for something as does putting 67 on Hertford. Will win out.

Honorable mention-JK, Whiteville, Clinton
👎

You’ve opened my eyes…you’re right….Maiden should not be in the top 5….they lost to a team…that lost to another 2a team…that team being Burns. I’ll apply the same principles to other teams as well.

Here’s what it would look like.

West

Burns
Monroe
East Surry
Reidsville
CHASE

Eerily….this is identical to Max Preps. Please note…Forest Hills who is 6th…has an identical record and SOS as CHASE.
I could possibly move Bunker Hill into 5th since they have an identical record as well and a much stronger SOS…but for the sake of argument…I’ll leave it alone.

East

WRH
Princeton
Greene Central
South Granville
Whiteville

St. Paul’s is close.

There it is….no heart in either one!

Y’all have it!😜

Standings

East Surry 7-0 SOS -10.8
Greene Central 7-0 SOS -22.3

Bunker Hill 6-0 SOS -9.8
PLP 6-0 SOS -15.7
CHASE 6-0 SOS -21.1
Forest Hills 6-0 SOS -21.1

Monroe 6-1 SOS -7.0
Salisbury 6-1 SOS -15.0
WRH 6-1 SOS -15.3
Clinton 6-1 SOS -22.2

Burns 5-1 SOS 1.0
Reidsville 5-1 SOS -3.2
Princeton 5-1 SOS -4.8
Robinson 5-1 SOS -9.5
Maiden 5-1 SOS -11.7
East Duplin 5-1 SOS -13.7
Hertford 5-1 SOS -15.4
Providence Grove 5-1 SOS -15.7
McMichael 5-1 SOS -18.9
Whiteville 5-1 SOS -21.5
CSD 5-1 SOS -25.4
James Kenan 5-1 SOS -26.9

Last edited:
Thumbs down but only because Clinton isnt included. I expected that from you.

SOS prevents them from being in my top 5. Only good team they played defeated them by 17 points. Combined record of the teams Clinton has defeated? A stellar, sparkling 6-30.

Yes, GC hasnt played a very strong schedule either but I will give them credit for defeating a Kinston team that would have beaten anyone Clinton has defeated so far.

All others on my list have good wins. Princeton beat ED, ED beat JK, Northeastern won at Hertford and as mentioned, WRH beat Clinton by 17 so they are in.

FWIW, I do think Clinton runs the table the rest of the season and will be a tough out come playoff time. The poster asked for a top 5 the first weekend of October from a bunch of homers that of course are going to include their teams but leave others out and then the fans of those teams are going to complain. Just the way it is.

And nobody in 2a has beat Shelby!

I could have missed something, but it looks like at least TEN out of the top 12 in the west DO NOT have a 2A loss.

Another team that may be getting slept on is Salisbury. I don't think they have any posters on here so you don't hear a lot about them but if their anything like they have been the last couple of years they could be a problem.
..till the 2nd round

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: Maiden Creek
Thumbs down but only because Clinton isnt included. I expected that from you.

SOS prevents them from being in my top 5. Only good team they played defeated them by 17 points. Combined record of the teams Clinton has defeated? A stellar, sparkling 6-30.

Yes, GC hasnt played a very strong schedule either but I will give them credit for defeating a Kinston team that would have beaten anyone Clinton has defeated so far.

All others on my list have good wins. Princeton beat ED, ED beat JK, Northeastern won at Hertford and as mentioned, WRH beat Clinton by 17 so they are in.

FWIW, I do think Clinton runs the table the rest of the season and will be a tough out come playoff time. The poster asked for a top 5 the first weekend of October from a bunch of homers that of course are going to include their teams but leave others out and then the fans of those teams are going to complain. Just the way it is.
I agree…….we have a opportunity to get a quality win in two weeks vs St Pauls until then people are right to question exactly how strong we are.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT