ADVERTISEMENT

2A WEST PLAYOFF SCORES

92-19 final ... NBA vs. Middle School .. Reidsville plays either Lincolnton or one of the Surry compass point schools next.

Reactions: Ooooner
Salisbury beat Anson 85-39. Was 56-21 at half. Juke Harris became Rowan County’s career scoring leader for men early in the game. Moved to #12 in the state all time.

Lincolnton is a 20-win team (20-7) with some really good talent. I checked out the freshman - 6-foot-4 guard L.J. Smith is averaging 32 points a game. Wolves also have 6-6 junior Landen Lyerly averaging 14 points and 12 rebounds a game.
Looks like the easy outs are over for Reidsville.

Lincolnton is a 20-win team (20-7) with some really good talent. I checked out the freshman - 6-foot-4 guard L.J. Smith is averaging 32 points a game. Wolves also have 6-6 junior Landen Lyerly averaging 14 points and 12 rebounds a game.
based on RPI in the 2A West, Reidsville has played the toughest schedule and has faced some of the best players and teams in the State, you think Reidsville isnt prepared or searching for an easy out?

This game will be over at the half. That kid is not on the same level yet, plus he has been out half the season. I'm sure trying to get his wind while playing R'vill will be a huge challenge. He's going to be really, really good though. I hate he broke his foot because, if not, they probably win the conference and a top seed. Best of luck though.

LJ Smith is on that level. He can compete with anyone in the state. But he’s missed the last 11 games and I don’t believe he’s coming back Friday. I heard he has two more weeks in the boot. I wonder if he’s played his last game for the Wolves.

Reactions: Maiden Creek
Dad, I'm not sure it'll be over by halftime but we know who we're playing. I do appreciate you saying something and I believe you're right that L. Smith's play will be limited.

LTown, you're right, he can play at top level. I think Dadof23 might have meant that he wouldn't be back to his own same playing level as before his injury.

The Mule, I would drive up there to support our team and to get to say hello to you and some of the guys, but now it's not as easy for me driving longer distances at night. Course, I think you're someone blessed with longevity and you might not have run into that problem yet. Congrats again on another state title in football and a great basketball season.

I would agree with that. Being in a boot for six weeks and taking it off right before playing at Reidsville probably wouldn’t work out too well. I’m guessing this will be a 20+ point spread. If LJ hadn’t hurt his foot, we could have won the conference, and not had to worry about Reidsville or Salisbury til a few rounds later. But injuries happen. I think he’ll be healed up and back on a court pretty soon.

I would agree with that. Being in a boot for six weeks and taking it off right before playing at Reidsville probably wouldn’t work out too well. I’m guessing this will be a 20+ point spread. If LJ hadn’t hurt his foot, we could have won the conference, and not had to worry about Reidsville or Salisbury til a few rounds later. But injuries happen. I think he’ll be healed up and back on a court pretty soon.
They sure do LTown. Like you, I too believe we would have won the conference with L.Smith. I'm grateful for the team's efforts during the time he's been out.

Reactions: Maiden Creek
I can't believe they put this game on YouTube. Blocks,steals and dunks hilarious. Reidsville against Madison

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: beamer24
I can't believe they put this game on YouTube. Blocks,steals and dunks hilarious. Reidsville against Madison
The Rams intensity was off the charts. I think Reidsville was giving a Mission Statement. Madison had some references during football season as be "bad sports". With the exceptions of one incident I think Madison exhibited totall class, while enduring a blitz the entire game.
Not many could endure that, for an entire game, without losing composure. Kudos to those young men.

Reactions: beamer24
The Rams intensity was off the charts. I think Reidsville was giving a Mission Statement. Madison had some references during football season as be "bad sports". With the exceptions of one incident I think Madison exhibited totall class, while enduring a blitz the entire game.
Not many could endure that, for an entire game, without losing composure. Kudos to those young men.
With Reidsville in our conference nice to see others go up against that talent. You guys have some good ball players on that second unit and some height.

Dad, I'm not sure it'll be over by halftime but we know who we're playing. I do appreciate you saying something and I believe you're right that L. Smith's play will be limited.

LTown, you're right, he can play at top level. I think Dadof23 might have meant that he wouldn't be back to his own same playing level as before his injury.

The Mule, I would drive up there to support our team and to get to say hello to you and some of the guys, but now it's not as easy for me driving longer distances at night. Course, I think you're someone blessed with longevity and you might not have run into that problem yet. Congrats again on another state title in football and a great basketball season.
I'm kinda like you Lincolnton. I cannot attend night games any more (family matters). The good news is I have excellent internet service and can watch nearly any game on the NFHS streaming service. Downside is it doesn't work very well with a weak internet signal.

I hope this will be a good game but Reidsville is just on another level. Teams that play the Rams a man defense soon learn that no one can keep Neal out of the lanes and when he gets there it's usually a layup, free throws or dish off to Harrison for a dunk. And they have great outside shooting from Sharpe, Lee, and Neal and offensive rebounding from Jones and Harrison when teams try to zone them. Don't even think about going inside against the Rams defense unless you are just trying to get Harrison into foul trouble, which happens from time to time.

I'm kinda like you Lincolnton. I cannot attend night games any more (family matters). The good news is I have excellent internet service and can watch nearly any game on the NFHS streaming service. Downside is it doesn't work very well with a weak internet signal.

I hope this will be a good game but Reidsville is just on another level. Teams that play the Rams a man defense soon learn that no one can keep Neal out of the lanes and when he gets there it's usually a layup, free throws or dish off to Harrison for a dunk. And they have great outside shooting from Sharpe, Lee, and Neal and offensive rebounding from Jones and Harrison when teams try to zone them. Don't even think about going inside against the Rams defense unless you are just trying to get Harrison into foul trouble, which happens from time to time.

Great game by the Rams. Spoke with coach Ross briefly before game. I love this team and the coaches. They all have fun but still play and coach very hard. Won’t find a better head coach/assistant coach mix in the state. Shelby coming to town next

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT