ADVERTISEMENT

Reidsville (2-0) vs. Northern Guilford (7-0) on 12-19-23

TGT

Sep 18, 2001
At end of first quarter, Reidsville 22, Northern 21
I'm not at the game but I have someone texting me

Last edited:
Reidsville plays at Rockingham County Wednesday night in final game before Christmas ... Rams then play Farmville Central in the John Wall Tournament in Raleigh on 12-28.

Farmville, defending 2-A state champs, has rolled to six impressive wins so far this season. Last year's key man Short is getting a lot of playing time at U New Orleans.

Sickness struck the Rams....only had 10 players dressed....Jones obviously the biggest missing piece....Rams struggled at times with foul trouble....but talent will out...................NG hit a bushel of 3 pointers....a 4A school that was 7-0....so I think Reidsville did well getting the victory..........................

Reactions: Rammer16
This team will be scary for anyone. Neal will be first to tell you his jumper was off tonight. But he did so many other things great and heavily contributed. This team even without cam tonight is better than last years team. This team has a lot of room to grow too. Coach Ross and Neal and other staff coaching them hard. They will be battle tested. Go Rams

Reactions: tarheel fan1
scoring points for both teams don't add up to the final score.....but a nice video anyway....crowd was really amped at times which the video didn't really capture.................................nice to see the 1973 and 2003 teams get honored before the game.....2 of the 1973 team members are no longer with us (Leon Richardson and Charlie Wilkerson) but all the rest were there along with almost all of the 2003 team....I was lucky enough to call the 1973 teams games on the now defunct WFRC radio station.....that '73 team was really special coached by the late, great Hoy Isaacs...............

Last edited:
Reactions: Maiden Creek
Reidsville folks I'm watching Walkertown against Mt Tabor. I think they might be your stiffest competition in conference. They are a scrappy bunch and play some defense

Reactions: Maiden Creek
Maybe reidsville maybe looking for another game since Greensboro day pulled out
I doubt it. Greensboro Day punked out. No school should even try to schedule them. Lost a lot of respect from a lot of current and past coaches and ADs.

I doubt it. Greensboro Day punked out. No school should even try to schedule them. Lost a lot of respect from a lot of current and past coaches and ADs.
When we had strong teams at West Stokes we used to play Greensboro Day. They were loaded back then but we usually played them pretty good. You guys would have probably beat them.

Reidsville not only have the players but have really good coaches who coach them boys hard . I like their chances
That's what it takes. Defensive pressure in high school is the ticket because most teams have some loose ball handlers.

Rams usually do a mlk day gane. So it maybe a chance for something like that

Possibly. I know Coach wants to schedule teams that will push this team to the limit. He wants the best so they can be the best
South Stokes is playing Mount Tabor MLK week. I don't think South or Reidsville will have any competition in the conference games but I think they both will win championship if I had to pick a team.

Reactions: tarheel fan1
South Stokes is playing Mount Tabor MLK week. I don't think South or Reidsville will have any competition in the conference games but I think they both will win championship if I had to pick a team.
Mt.Airy is usually strong, you don’t think they have anything for S. Stokes?

Reidsville in the prestigious John Wall tournament in Raleigh ... facing Farmville Central (the team they lost to in the state championship game last year) in first round today. Winner plays Cannon.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT