ADVERTISEMENT

2024 Reidsville Rams Preseason Discussion

TheMule

Feb 5, 2003
Lenox Castle, NC
Now that Kendre Harrison has moved on to what he thinks are "greener pastures" in Charlotte let's focus on the team the Rams will field this fall.

With a big, deep, and veteran offensive line, I am looking forward to what should be a lethal Neal/Cobb run option game.

Some holes to fill on the defense.

Reactions: wolfpackjj78
My dad went to watch practice yesterday and had great things to say about the freshman QB. His last name is Johnson and has been to football camps all over. Said he threw a good ball and very accurate. Could he be the next freshman starter at Reidsville? Who as the last one? Ray Ray? I don't think Lee started as a freshman did he?

Reactions: Rammer16
Also, the Rams do have a very solid veteran unit up front of offense. Something we are not always accustomed to.

If Neal is QB, we have 3 Division 1 type talents in Jones, J9 and Cobb to distribute the ball to.

If Neal is not QB, we have 4 Division 1 type talents to distribute the ball to. Win, win on offense?

My dad went to watch practice yesterday and had great things to say about the freshman QB. His last name is Johnson and has been to football camps all over. Said he threw a good ball and very accurate. Could he be the next freshman starter at Reidsville? Who as the last one? Ray Ray? I don't think Lee started as a freshman did he?

I honestly think he has a good chance to start. It will depend on the scrimmages and how well he learns the offense. Don’t count out the senior Cobb at qb either, although I could see him starting on defense

Kyle Pinnix was the senior starter for Reidsville when Al Lee was a freshman. Pinnix is now one of the leading receivers at Wofford.

My dad said Coach Teague was personally working a lot w the freshman at QB. I think our schedule should allow a freshman to come in and really get good experience and not be a freshman come playoff time. If the kid can spin it, y not? Handing off to Cobb, throwing to Neal, J9 and Jones behind a veteran O-line seems like an option to me. It also allows all our stars to play D as well.

I went tonight. It started storming when they were warming up, I left. We scrimmage Eastern Guilford at home Tuesday morning at 9 along with East Forsyth next Friday.

Reactions: TheMule
Eastern Guilford scored 3 or 4 TDs and Reidsville only scored one. Defense definitely needs work. Dionte Neal started at QB but J9 and Braxton Johnson got a little playing time there too

Just my opinion, but without Kendre I don't see Dionte playing qb as a good idea. Of course he is the best option, but it takes a playmaker off at Wr and makes us easier to defend. Let alone his defensive abilities.

Just my opinion, but without Kendre I don't see Dionte playing qb as a good idea. Of course he is the best option, but it takes a playmaker off at Wr and makes us easier to defend. Let alone his defensive abilities.
It's a tough decision. I definitely don't think we need a platoon situation at QB. Neal's importance at WR and DB may outweigh him playing QB, which is hard to say. I really think we should give the freshman a shot and go through the growing pains during the season. He won't be a freshman come playoffs. This also means J9 will be available at the skill positions both ways.

Reactions: tarheel fan1
I've never seen a Reidsville scrimmage where we looked great. QB1 is still in question. Understand a senior lineman has left the team for personal reasons. Eastern scored mostly against our 2s and 3s. Freshman looked good after some nerves.

I've never seen a Reidsville scrimmage where we looked great. QB1 is still in question. Understand a senior lineman has left the team for personal reasons. Eastern scored mostly against our 2s and 3s. Freshman looked good after some nerves.

This he true, we never look good in scrimmages

Thanks for the update. We wouldn't want any of our fans getting close to the ledge when it's only preseason. :rolleyes:

Eastern Guilford (8-3 last season; lost playoff opener 30-27 to Central Davidson) expected to be strong again this season - second only to Dudley in their 3-A conference.

Don't know how any fan that knows anything about football could expect Reidsville to be the team they were last year.....you don't lose the caliber of players like they did (both inside LB's, QB, PUNTER/DE , the big DE and TE, a WR who could take the top off of a defense and expect to be world beaters...Rams will probably take some lumps this year, especially early............................

Last edited:
Don't know how any fan that knows anything about football could expect Reidsville to be the team they were last year.....you don't lose the caliber of players like they did (both inside LB's, QB, PUNTER/DE , the big DE and TE, a WR who could take the top off of a defense and expect to be world beaters...Rams will probably take some lumps this year, especially early............................

You’re going to lose guys every year. Still a lot of take talent on the team.

Last edited:
I will say I think we will miss Kendre most on defense. He would’ve been the impact player of where the loss of widerman and Mansfield wouldn’t have been seen as much. Now it could be a little more magnified.

Big body that drew attention, but there is a reason everyone wanted him at TE and not DE

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT