ADVERTISEMENT

2023 Clinton Football Program

PlayTom

Jul 10, 2022
The program has always been renowned for its capacity for peak performance. This season is no exception. Sincerely, I think this team is capable of defeating teams from 1A through 4A, and I would even challenge a 5A team to the grass. The path in front of Clinton appears unobstructed and clear. Thus far, this season has been extremely successful.

Me too and everyone here as well but they voted us out goob, call it input , vote, communicate, our interest was overruled but that’s okay Clinton. May face them in the playoffsI’
Yeah I’ve been reading all the posts and I’m on your side on this, I just don’t get it. Wiz I’m really hoping we get a return trip to Clinton for the eastern championship. I love going there and I know your Darkhorses would be looking for payback from last time we went there to play for the championship. That’s a nice venue

Reactions: Wizard of the East
thanks dagoob; I hope so to; of course no telling how the association will do the seedings, but that would be a very good match-up indeed.

Reactions: daagoob
thanks dagoob; I hope so to; of course no telling how the association will do the seedings, but that would be a very good match-up indeed.
Well if the playoffs started today and we both won out then we’d play for the eastern title In Sampson County. Your Darkhorses will be the #1 seed if they win out and we’d probably top out at a three seed if we were to win our remaining games.

Well if the playoffs started today and we both won out then we’d play for the eastern title In Sampson County. Your Darkhorses will be the #1 seed if they win out and we’d probably top out at a three seed if we were to win our remaining games.
I see that you are over your fear of dogs 🐕 since you keep putting y'all in the Eastern championship game against Clinton.

The program has always been renowned for its capacity for peak performance. This season is no exception. Sincerely, I think this team is capable of defeating teams from 1A through 4A, and I would even challenge a 5A team to the grass. The path in front of Clinton appears unobstructed and clear. Thus far, this season has been extremely successful.
Think you are on to something. They would beat Dallas Carter on Friday Night Light's !!!! 😳

Last edited:
You do realize the horseshoe looks like a U don’t you?
So does SWO and South Columbus and list goes on. But none go by the U. Honestly I'm not sure what they are even trying to get at. University? U as Miami swag? United? Unbeatable? Unstoppable? I'm just calling Clinton UUUU like they want to be called. My bad lol

So does SWO and South Columbus and list goes on. But none go by the U. Honestly I'm not sure what they are even trying to get at. University? U as Miami swag? United? Unbeatable? Unstoppable? I'm just calling Clinton UUUU like they want to be called. My bad lol
Maybe they are just embracing the “U” as in the horseshoe. I guess any of those teams could do that and it would make total sense. I do know from a post a DH fan made a while back saying all the coaches were big Miami hurricanes fans.

Maybe they are just embracing the “U” as in the horseshoe. I guess any of those teams could do that and it would make total sense. I do know from a post a DH fan made a while back saying all the coaches were big Miami hurricanes fans.
That's what they are doing imbracing it u just got some jackasses around

It’s without question that Clinton and NE are the most hated programs in the east. Unfortunately for us we can’t get kicked out of our conference because we have no other one to join because of our location.

It’s without question that Clinton and NE are the most hated programs in the east. Unfortunately for us we can’t get kicked out of our conference because we have no other one to join because of our location.
Right

They get on you goob for saying that NE looks good n will play for the east ship meanwhile hyping their team up like we dont suppose to do it

They get on you goob for saying that NE looks good n will play for the east ship meanwhile hyping their team up like we dont suppose to do it
Well to me I think Northeastern looks very good as of late. I think tomorrow’s game against a good Hertford County team will speak volumes. I have said from week one that I felt like Clinton was the best program in the east and my opinion has not changed.

Reactions: 2Grine and dogs79
Re: Clinton in the Southeastern instead of the ECC-
Yes, they geographically have as much fit with the ECC as the Southeastern if not more, but if you move them to the ECC (which probably means North Lenoir gets moved to the Eastern Plains, potentially causing another domino affect with that conference), you've got the Southeastern with only 5 conference members. So where do they go for a 6th? Maybe East Bladen gets booted from the Waccamaw and goes to the Southeastern, but bottom line is Clinton is going to be the geographic outlier of any conference they go to: easternmost in the ECC, and northernmost in either the Southeastern or Waccamaw. Union was i think 2A for one series of realignment; had they stayed at that level then most likely Clinton would be in the ECC.

Well to me I think Northeastern looks very good as of late. I think tomorrow’s game against a good Hertford County team will speak volumes. I have said from week one that I felt like Clinton was the best program in the east and my opinion has not changed.
I've seen your eagles this past Friday n they looked awesome that rb was killing it!

I've seen your eagles this past Friday n they looked awesome that rb was killing it!
Our rb is 🔥🔥 and he is fast like our receivers. Tomorrow tells the tale, I personally think we’ll win convincingly but I also know that qb of theirs will put points up. Their rb (Outlaw) is good as well and not a lot of people know about him.

Reactions: Smithboy99
Interesting

Reactions: dogs79
dagoob ther are only 6 teams in Clinton’s conference and othervthan Midway the closest is over an hour away. One team is two hours away. (same for Midway)

Re: Clinton in the Southeastern instead of the ECC-
Yes, they geographically have as much fit with the ECC as the Southeastern if not more, but if you move them to the ECC (which probably means North Lenoir gets moved to the Eastern Plains, potentially causing another domino affect with that conference), you've got the Southeastern with only 5 conference members. So where do they go for a 6th? Maybe East Bladen gets booted from the Waccamaw and goes to the Southeastern, but bottom line is Clinton is going to be the geographic outlier of any conference they go to: easternmost in the ECC, and northernmost in either the Southeastern or Waccamaw. Union was i think 2A for one series of realignment; had they stayed at that level then most likely Clinton would be in the ECC.
You believe that don’t you

You believe that don’t you
Sorry Wiz, but with over 400 schools in the state, I don't think the NCHSAA is as concerned as you think they are with making sure Clinton does not end up in the ECC for some conspiratorial reason(s). But to play along, give me your idea of an ECC with Clinton added, which would include who gets tossed from the ECC/where they go(or if they stay, justification for an 8-team ECC) and who takes Clinton's place in the Southeastern. Sure it can be done, but I think you'll see that it's not just a matter of saying "Clinton belongs in the ECC because that's where our football rivals are". Unlike college conferences, in high school having 6 or 7 conference members, avoiding split conferences where possible, and keeping together schools within the same division and county makes sense.
But again, looking forward to your suggestion for a reconstructed ECC and Southeastern, and I'll try my best to give you an objective pros/cons review of your proposal.

Sorry Wiz, but with over 400 schools in the state, I don't think the NCHSAA is as concerned as you think they are with making sure Clinton does not end up in the ECC for some conspiratorial reason(s). But to play along, give me your idea of an ECC with Clinton added, which would include who gets tossed from the ECC/where they go(or if they stay, justification for an 8-team ECC) and who takes Clinton's place in the Southeastern. Sure it can be done, but I think you'll see that it's not just a matter of saying "Clinton belongs in the ECC because that's where our football rivals are". Unlike college conferences, in high school having 6 or 7 conference members, avoiding split conferences where possible, and keeping together schools within the same division and county makes sense.
But again, looking forward to your suggestion for a reconstructed ECC and Southeastern, and I'll try my best to give you an objective pros/cons review of your proposal.
Like I said it’s funny you actually believe what you’re postingThe ECC worked very well before in fact it was probably on of the best 2A conferences in the state but it got too competitive for some members. Don’t tell us about geography. Over the years Clinton knows all about geography. They’ve played conference games from South of the Border to Morehead City . No other school thst I know of has been moved about so much. The Duplin County schools play their conference within a 40 mile radius. The ECC could easily go back to its original exustance but some people don’t want it. If your think the association isn’t prone to politics, you’re really gullible.

Like I said it’s funny you actually believe what you’re postingThe ECC worked very well before in fact it was probably on of the best 2A conferences in the state but it got too competitive for some members. Don’t tell us about geography. Over the years Clinton knows all about geography. They’ve played conference games from South of the Border to Morehead City . No other school thst I know of has been moved about so much. The Duplin County schools play their conference within a 40 mile radius. The ECC could easily go back to its original exustance but some people don’t want it. If your think the association isn’t prone to politics, you’re really gullible.
OK, I'll try one more time:
Who do you boot from the ECC/ where does that school go, and who replaces them in the Southeastern.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT