ADVERTISEMENT

2023 1A Baseabll brackets with bracket updates

When I was a kid growing up playing Babe Ruth we had some good games in All Stars against SW Randolph teams. They hosted the state one year in Asheboro. Way out in the country somewhere. The field had a little country store right beside it on the 3rd baseline.
Lanier's in Farmer. I'm willing to put $100 on it.

I actually played on one of those SWR teams. Lanier's is where we practiced. I was the only person from ER on that team. Made for some interesting conversations. That year, the states were held in Wilkesboro. Unfortunately, we lost first two games. Only other thing I remember was that our coach was crazy as hell.

One other thing because well it’s baseball so I can’t help myself. Heard last night that four starters on the victorious Charter squad actually should be attending ER…
From Coleridge too!!!
For those that don’t know that’s my neck of the woods and I am very saddened by this…
However does say a lot about the baseball Randolph (particularly southeastern corner) plays..
Go Mustangs!!!

Reactions: Maiden Creek
One other thing about ER athletics this year. I realize they are considered one of the larger schools in 1A, love it or hate it that’s just where line fell last time. This past year alone however the football team was in contention for SC until they ran into Mt Airy, basketball teams enjoyed best seasons in years with boys playing for SC, softball, as usual, was ranked very highly all year and baseball made western regional finals.
No matter what the classification or competition that comes across as a very successful year from beginning to end. Not one SC in the bunch but student athletes will have stories to tell their children…

One other thing about ER athletics this year. I realize they are considered one of the larger schools in 1A, love it or hate it that’s just where line fell last time. This past year alone however the football team was in contention for SC until they ran into Mt Airy, basketball teams enjoyed best seasons in years with boys playing for SC, softball, as usual, was ranked very highly all year and baseball made western regional finals.
No matter what the classification or competition that comes across as a very successful year from beginning to end. Not one SC in the bunch but student athletes will have stories to tell their children…
Wonder what will happen if Voyager wins tonight. Game 3 is Saturday but heavy rain through Monday. Looks like all the other series will end today.

Reactions: thekidd12
When I was a kid growing up playing Babe Ruth we had some good games in All Stars against SW Randolph teams. They hosted the state one year in Asheboro. Way out in the country somewhere. The field had a little country store right beside it on the 3rd baseline.
I’m so old that when I played Babe Ruth All Stars against Southwest the games were played at Lamb’s field in Seagrove…
Didn’t mind much though. Lights weren’t good at all. Made 14 year old me into Nolan Ryan for at least seven innings one night..😂😂😂😂

• Haha
Wonder what will happen if Voyager wins tonight. Game 3 is Saturday but heavy rain through Monday. Looks like all the other series will end today.
Think the problem with Voyager schedule was due to ACC tournament being played in Durham. Hopefully NM gets the W tonight and won’t have to worry about it. But if they don’t could be very difficult to get that third one in.

I’m so old that when I played Babe Ruth All Stars against Southwest the games were played at Lamb’s field in Seagrove…
Didn’t mind much though. Lights weren’t good at all. Made 14 year old me into Nolan Ryan for at least seven innings one night..😂😂😂😂
I believe it was 1988 when we played down there. Some of the best memories of my baseball career were in Babe Ruth ball. Southwest had a kid while I came through that was pretty solid. His name was Tommy, can't rememeber his last name.

A
I believe it was 1988 when we played down there. Some of the best memories of my baseball career were in Babe Ruth ball. Southwest had a kid while I came through that was pretty solid. His name was Tommy, can't rememeber his last name.
About 10 years earlier for me. Funny thing is I remember those games much better than I do the HS and Legion ones…
Do remember, unfortunately, going to Belmont in June of 81 and losing two games to South Point…
🤬🤬🤬

Lanier's in Farmer. I'm willing to put $100 on it.

I actually played on one of those SWR teams. Lanier's is where we practiced. I was the only person from ER on that team. Made for some interesting conversations. That year, the states were held in Wilkesboro. Unfortunately, we lost first two games. Only other thing I remember was that our coach was crazy as hell.
Just looked up Lanier's. That is definitely it. Brings back some good memories.... Speaking of crazy; the year down there a group of parents from Wilkes Co. and Wintergreen LL out of Charlotte got into a knock down drag out in the field on the 1st baseline.

A

About 10 years earlier for me. Funny thing is I remember those games much better than I do the HS and Legion ones…
Do remember, unfortunately, going to Belmont in June of 81 and losing two games to South Point…
🤬🤬🤬
I'm not certain but pretty confident the 81 team was coached by what many consider the best baseball mind in Belmont, Phil Tate.

One other thing because well it’s baseball so I can’t help myself. Heard last night that four starters on the victorious Charter squad actually should be attending ER…
From Coleridge too!!!
For those that don’t know that’s my neck of the woods and I am very saddened by this…
However does say a lot about the baseball Randolph (particularly southeastern corner) plays..
Go Mustangs!!!
and maybe next year you will win some games with a quarterback who is suppose to go to Scotland County.....I guess you win some and lose some....I hear he can play a lil basketball as well

and maybe next year you will win some games with a quarterback who is suppose to go to Scotland County.....I guess you win some and lose some....I hear he can play a lil basketball as well
We all read it first time you tried to get a rise out of us. Good luck with that again. We talking baseball here one trick pony…
Keep on being you though 👍

I'm not certain but pretty confident the 81 team was coached by what many consider the best baseball mind in Belmont, Phil Tate.
Yeah think you are correct. All I remember really is I doubled in top of 7th with us down by 4 or 5 and ended up on third with two outs. (This was in second game after they had beaten our ace in first) Anyway SP took out most of team on defense one by one. Looking back on it now I know he was giving them a proper curtain call for winning a SC. As a cocky 17 year old SS I wanted to fight him and everyone else for “showing us up”. Boy I’m glad I’ve matured just a little since then 😂

Just trying to keep the posters you want pity from informed
Nah, just want to get people started…
Reminds me of the guy who tries too hard at a party…
I was just referencing players that actually attended elementary school approximately two miles from where I’m sitting and chose to attend the charter. Was wondering what team would have been like if all the athletes had chosen to play together.
Pity?
Not something I’ve ever sought.
Felt it for others though…😎

Well looks like we gonna find out...
North Moore loses to Voyager 8-1...

So you realize it, but it doesn’t matter?? Makes sense lol…a few of our posters get trashed on here regularly for merely hoping to be a bigger fish in a small pond. I’ll give you credit though, at least you admit it.

Last edited:
Seems like North Moore hit the "self-destuct button" versus Voyager Academy in game 2. Lots of errors. Hopefully, North Moore will get it together when game 3 is played at the Durham Athletic Park. I'm not sure what Mother Nature has to say about the game possibly being played.

Where would the kids who be playing for if Uwharrie Charter didn't exist? Also, where would the kids who play for Voyager Academy be playing at if Voayger Academy didn't exist? Kinda makes you wonder about these charters. Not all of them are the same. Not all of them are created equal. 🙄 🤨

So you realize it, but it doesn’t matter?? Makes sense lol…a few of our posters get trashed on here regularly for merely hoping to be a bigger fish in a small pond. I’ll give you credit though, at least you admit it.
As usual I really don’t get what your point is. In any grouping/classes of HS there will be different numbers. Just depends on where lines are drawn. Some schools are at top of numbers, some in middle and others at lower end. Unless you make every school have exact same number of students that’s how it’s going to be.

At least I got you to read a post in a baseball thread. And post! I know it’s because you wanted to complain about one school being larger than another but it’s a start 👍

Where would the kids who be playing for if Uwharrie Charter didn't exist? Also, where would the kids who play for Voyager Academy be playing at if Voayger Academy didn't exist? Kinda makes you wonder about these charters. Not all of them are the same. Not all of them are created equal. 🙄 🤨
Thank you sir for getting my point…
That’s all I was trying to say…🤷‍♂️

Seems like North Moore hit the "self-destuct button" versus Voyager Academy in game 2. Lots of errors. Hopefully, North Moore will get it together when game 3 is played at the Durham Athletic Park. I'm not sure what Mother Nature has to say about the game possibly being played.
Hopefully they do better today. Been told that was Voyager’s ace last night. Ain’t sure rain is going to cooperate either

When is that game scheduled? Isn’t that the same field where Carolina plays Clemson today at one?

As usual I really don’t get what your point is. In any grouping/classes of HS there will be different numbers. Just depends on where lines are drawn. Some schools are at top of numbers, some in middle and others at lower end. Unless you make every school have exact same number of students that’s how it’s going to be.

At least I got you to read a post in a baseball thread. And post! I know it’s because you wanted to complain about one school being larger than another but it’s a start 👍
See that’s where I’m different…you should check our schedule sometime…we’ll play almost anyone, any time, any where!

See that’s where I’m different…you should check our schedule sometime…we’ll play almost anyone, any time, any where!
Again that’s not the point. Yes sir I realize the teenagers you support play schools with much larger numbers. Some out of necessity due to remoteness and some to improve themselves competitively. Kudos to coaches and AD for doing so. If those teenagers are victorious in such games good for them in accepting challenge and rising to it. If they are not then that’s ok as well.
Yes that is where we are different. ER doesn’t usually play anyone in their own classification until playoffs. And if the teenagers don’t win in those contests no one ever says it was because other school was larger…

Thanks. Never been to either.
Both nice.

DAP, where Voyager and NC Central until they got rid of baseball is the OLD Durham Bulls stadium downtown, the DBAP is the new one that the ACC uses and also dook will play some home games where from time to time.

Was scheduled for 6 p.m. today according to the Voyager folks (can't always trust MaxPreps). Now scheduled for 2 p.m. Monday @ the Durham Athletic Park (former Durham Bulls stadium).

Well the boys from south on 22 held up their end.
North Moore wins 6-5…
Sets up the Hwy 22/42 series…
Where they got to go to play?

Both nice.

DAP, where Voyager and NC Central until they got rid of baseball is the OLD Durham Bulls stadium downtown, the DBAP is the new one that the ACC uses and also dook will play some home games where from time to time.
Wait a minute, when did NC Central drop baseball?

Wow, missed that one completely. Must have been about the same time WSSU dropped it also.

Thanks.

Thanks.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT