ADVERTISEMENT

2023 1A Baseabll brackets with bracket updates

It's gonna happen, NM will beat Voyager Charter 2-0 in the series and ER will beat UCA 2-0.

Then North Moore will win games 1 and 3 in the title series vs. ER. Guaranteed.

Reactions: Maiden Creek
It's gonna happen, NM will beat Voyager Charter 2-0 in the series and ER will beat UCA 2-0.

Then North Moore will win games 1 and 3 in the title series vs. ER. Guaranteed.
Heard through the grapevine that Voyager has a fine pitching staff. I’m pulling for my neighbors but never count unhatched poultry…

Reactions: Maiden Creek
Voyager has no shot, they don't hit good enough.

UCA beat ER twice already, can't do it again.

Cherryville out of the West. Chatham CHarter or North Moore out of the east.

No one will come close to beating Chatham Charter until they meet North Moore or Cherryville.
See I keep going back to this when it comes to putting faith in your prognostications. Despite having a stellar username not sold on your evaluations of HS baseball teams 🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️

Yep! Heading up there around 6:30. I've actually never been to Uwharrie's home field. Hope there's plenty of parking.

After seeing the title of this thread, I'm definitely eating Italian. Every time I look at it, I'm thinking, "That's a one spicy Baseabll".

Yep! Heading up there around 6:30. I've actually never been to Uwharrie's home field. Hope there's plenty of parking.

After seeing the title of this thread, I'm definitely eating Italian. Every time I look at it, I'm thinking, "That's a one spicy Baseabll".
No matter the outcome make sure you come down Thursday…
PA guy promises to be on his game..👍

That was a crappy way to lose a ballgame.

ER was up 3-1 in the second inning. Next inning had the most controversial play. Uwharrie batter hit one to left. Wound up reaching second. ER left fielder was not throwing the ball in so runner takes off for third.

As runner gets halfway to third, the ball is thrown in but no one cuts off the throw. Ball rolls right past first base line next to the Eagle dugout.......which allows the batter to score for an inside-the-park home run. Come to find out, the ER left fielder was trying to signal that the ball was dead. ER protested. Home plate ump told ER coach it was all-you-can-get.

Almost wasn't tonight. That was a huge crowd. Had people parked almost all the way up to Mack.
Heard some people who haven’t been to an ER game I know for a fact in at least last 8 years, and you know I know, talking about going today. I’ll be there Thursday, and you know that, and I bet half of those same people don’t show. Glad for team for show of support just wish they would always do that, like they do for “money” sport.
Ok I’m off my soapbox now…

ER was up 3-1 in the second inning. Next inning had the most controversial play. Uwharrie batter hit one to left. Wound up reaching second. ER left fielder was not throwing the ball in so runner takes off for third.

As runner gets halfway to third, the ball is thrown in but no one cuts off the throw. Ball rolls right past first base line next to the Eagle dugout.......which allows the batter to score for an inside-the-park home run. Come to find out, the ER left fielder was trying to signal that the ball was dead. ER protested. Home plate ump told ER coach it was all-you-can-get.
I can’t remember ground rules at Scott Rush. If ball wasn’t lodged then you’re supposed to play it (at most venues) if it was lodged then umpire supposed to go look at it and declare two bases. Again don’t remember their ground rules.
All I know is Tony from Sportstone was confused by that play.

Wonder why that didn’t go to protest committee? Ground rules should fall under the rule interpretation that committee is set up to govern…

All I know is Tony from Sportstone was confused by that play.
That was me (Bruce) being confused rather than Tony. From the view I had, the LF got to the tarp, turned towards the infield (or maybe towards the 3rd base (ER) dugout) and made an indistinct motion with 1 arm then turned and went to the ball which he picked up and threw in.

I didn't see anything that made me think the ball was lodged in place - like the fielder stop and raise both arms (which I think is the proper signal) or struggle getting the ball once he got to it. In retrospect it seemed like he just didn't see it when he first got to the spot. I don't know what the ground rules are either if the ball was hidden or partially hidden from view but not lodged in place. We could see the ball from the press box but have no way to know what the player could see at ground level.

That was me (Bruce) being confused rather than Tony. From the view I had, the LF got to the tarp, turned towards the infield (or maybe towards the 3rd base (ER) dugout) and made an indistinct motion with 1 arm then turned and went to the ball which he picked up and threw in.

I didn't see anything that made me think the ball was lodged in place - like the fielder stop and raise both arms (which I think is the proper signal) or struggle getting the ball once he got to it. In retrospect it seemed like he just didn't see it when he first got to the spot. I don't know what the ground rules are either if the ball was hidden or partially hidden from view but not lodged in place. We could see the ball from the press box but have no way to know what the player could see at ground level.
Bruce I knew it was you. And as usual you did a great job. Don’t know why I typed the T guys name. If I can’t make it to a game y’all make me feel like I’m watching it. Thanks for explanation…
PS: tell T guy I need some SWAG stuff, hat, hoodie, etc. I promote y’all to everyone who will listen. 😂
See one of y’all Thursday!

Heard some people who haven’t been to an ER game I know for a fact in at least last 8 years, and you know I know, talking about going today. I’ll be there Thursday, and you know that, and I bet half of those same people don’t show. Glad for team for show of support just wish they would always do that, like they do for “money” sport.
Ok I’m off my soapbox now…
Heck, I saw some ER people up there that I'd never seen at a baseball game at all.

Heck, I saw some ER people up there that I'd never seen at a baseball game at all.
Those are the ones I was referencing. Hopefully they show up tomorrow but who knows? ER lost so the shine might not be as attractive. But it does look a lot better than just the parents, maybe a girlfriend or two and at least one crotchety old guy 🤷‍♂️

It would be pretty cool to say that Eastern Randolph won more playoff games in the spring of ‘23 than they did in regular season.

I would think it’s never happened before….in any sport.

Pulling for ‘em with all I got! Kidd
Yes that would be a neat stat…
However, as crotchety old guy referenced in an earlier post might say, “I’ve either played or coached Randolph County baseball for over 50 years and that should NEVER happen!” 😂
As Bartyl and James used to say Maiden: Thanks for your support 👍

Those are the ones I was referencing. Hopefully they show up tomorrow but who knows? ER lost so the shine might not be as attractive. But it does look a lot better than just the parents, maybe a girlfriend or two and at least one crotchety old guy 🤷‍♂️
I think Randolph County law mandates that there must be at least five crotchety old guys on the premises at all times.

Welp........Uwharrie's heading to the state championship. Eagles got the bats hot at the right moment. They scored six runs in the sixth inning to bust it wide open. Final was 8-1. Great all-around performance from Jake Hunter tonight.

Great run, Cats! It was nice to see the student body support y'all for a change.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT