ADVERTISEMENT

2022 NCPreps.com Pre-Season 3A Top 15

Statesville is at #9. Kings Mountain, Crest, South Point, Dudley, and others is going to be tough.

Last edited:
Reactions: Kylar2018
I’m just happy the Red Raiders are in the conversation. Starting out in the bottom half but by the end of the first Friday night in October we’ll see what’s what. I’m making no predictions but I can’t wait to see how the conference plays out.

Reactions: Maiden Creek
This Kings Mountain team is definitely going to have their say about who comes out of the West in 3A football….

Statesville shouldn't been on this list lost way too much. Kings mountain at #3 way way too high. Hickory should of been on this least in the teens. Rico Walker top recruit in NC. Someone needs to rethink this list. If not will be some major changes by September

• Haha
Reactions: Kylar2018
Correct on both assertions. I think Scotland folks would even tell you that they’re too high. Lee County is annually overrated and I don’t think they’re top 15 at the moment.
Scotland fans in the know would tell you the opposite. This is the best chance they have had to win it all since 2018. Their offense will be tough to stop.

Reactions: UNC91
I’m just happy the Red Raiders are in the conversation. Starting out in the bottom half but by the end of the first Friday night in October we’ll see what’s what. I’m making no predictions but I can’t wait to see how the conference plays out.
Y’all might be 0-2 in conference play after that Friday night. 😂😂😂
I’m teasing!…but those other Belmont boys were pretty good.

Big South ain’t no joke.

North Gaston finished 1-9….and yet ranked 39th in 3a West last year. Hard to believe!

Shocked at how young the Wildcats were. QB was a sophomore….leading rusher was a freshman. Do what?

North Gaston gave CHASE a fit last year…remember?…CHASE finished 10-2.

Hoping to see…North Gaston, Huss, Ashbrook all improve and make the Big South conference even tougher.

Reactions: Chopper747
Not a coach. I live up in pilot mountain now. Well Pinnacle you might not know where that is. But I played football in that league back in the day. I think coaches usually know who's going to be good. More so than us fans.

Not a coach. I live up in pilot mountain now. Well Pinnacle you might not know where that is. But I played football in that league back in the day. I think coaches usually know who's going to be good. More so than us fans.
What league? Ivy League?

• Haha
Reactions: RD28327
What ? Real league? Arena league? Played in one there and in college? What in the world does that mean ? You went to college and can't even speak or type English? I'm so confused?

Last edited by a moderator:
I think maybe you're confusing me with yourself. But you're obviously very educated. Essentially what I was saying was that no one really gives a shit about your laugh emojis. Or what you have to say. But that's just my opinion. What I was also saying was no I played high school football in that league well the old league that had Shelby Kings mountain Burns etc in it. Oh wait I didn't put enough commas in there for you. And then played college football. Not too big. Lower level SEC. And now I live in pilot mountain. That's about it. Not arena league. Not even that good. But more than likely better than you.

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Haha
And just like that mountie pride made a new email and got him a new screen name.... :) 😀

Big South ain’t no joke.

North Gaston finished 1-9….and yet ranked 39th in 3a West last year. Hard to believe!

Shocked at how young the Wildcats were. QB was a sophomore….leading rusher was a freshman. Do what?

Hoping to see…North Gaston, Huss, Ashbrook all improve and make the Big South conference even tougher.
Dad gum I think it’s tough enough. If last years top three each lost one each to NG, Stewy and Ashbrook can you imagine what the standings would look like. How many teams would be able to get in the playoffs. A good problem to have I guess. GO BIG RED!!!

Dad gum I think it’s tough enough. If last years top three each lost one each to NG, Stewy and Ashbrook can you imagine what the standings would look like. How many teams would be able to get in the playoffs. A good problem to have I guess. GO BIG RED!!!
All of them….like the Southern Piedmont conference….loaded!😜

Dudley will repeat. Excited to see if Crest can bring something to the West side of 3A
Kings mountain will be tough this year. I know they bring back their entire team just about. I could see Dudley repeating but they lost a lot so I also wouldn’t be surprised if they don’t. I know what they have though and even if they don’t win this year, they will win another one within the next 2 seasons.

Out of the West I could see these teams competing for a race to the 3A State Championship game. Dudley, Kings Mountain, Crest, and South Point, The teams that could make a good 2 or 3 rd run, I think could be West Charlotte, Statesville, Hickory, East Lincoln and West Rowan as well. We will see. Also I’m sure a mountain team could be in that mix.

Big South ain’t no joke.

North Gaston was unfathomly bad last year. HH and NG have to be better than they were last year...just because they were about as bad as you could be. It wasn't a tough conference that made those records...they would've been zero or one wins between them in most conferences.
Ashbrook will likely also be a little better. Down side for them is they lost more decent players than HH or NG.

Out of the West I could see these teams competing for a race to the 3A State Championship game. Dudley, Kings Mountain, Crest, and South Point, The teams that could make a good 2 or 3 rd run, I think could be West Charlotte, Statesville, Hickory, East Lincoln and West Rowan as well. We will see. Also I’m sure a mountain team could be in that mix.
I like this list. Unfortunately the really only mountain team would be Pisgah. Reynolds and Asheville would have legit chances at a 3A run but the classifications are dumb

Reactions: Vik-Val 86
Kings mountain will be tough this year. I know they bring back their entire team just about. I could see Dudley repeating but they lost a lot so I also wouldn’t be surprised if they don’t. I know what they have though and even if they don’t win this year, they will win another one within the next 2 seasons.
Kings mountain will be very good, that’s good for Cleveland County if all the teams are good

I looked at the top 15 3A teams in the state and I looked at the Jacksonville Cardinals at number 10 they should be in the top five they only lost a handful of people but they keep reloading every year. People going to sleep on them this year I do not understand it that this team team is a top 3A team in the state and they keep getting overlooked. And for the conference as a whole you going to have to go through the Big Carolina 3A to get to the state there is no cake walking it's conference from top to bottom is going to be a war every week.

• Haha
Reactions: dogs79 and UNC91
North Gaston was unfathomly bad last year. HH and NG have to be better than they were last year...just because they were about as bad as you could be. It wasn't a tough conference that made those records...they would've been zero or one wins between them in most conferences.
Ashbrook will likely also be a little better. Down side for them is they lost more decent players than HH or NG.
I never saw North Gaston play….I guess the CHASE game was a fluke.

Maybe CHASE had no pass defense or just had a bad game.

Sophomore QB Zollo threw for 220 against them….1800 for the season….that ain’t bad…considering how young he was. 1800 in 10 games…that’s 180 average….betting that’s fun to watch. 😜

The freshman RB Gordon should much better this year as well.

I’m hoping North Gaston shows improvement this fall.

I looked at the top 15 3A teams in the state and I looked at the Jacksonville Cardinals at number 10 they should be in the top five they only lost a handful of people but they keep reloading every year. People going to sleep on them this year I do not understand it that this team team is a top 3A team in the state and they keep getting overlooked. And for the conference as a whole you going to have to go through the Big Carolina 3A to get to the state there is no cake walking it's conference from top to bottom is going to be a war every week.

Jville is terrible..... Zero athletes and won't do anything this year again. Should be top 25, Def not top 5 LOL put the bottle down old man

Reactions: dogs79
I personally wouldn’t put south point in that category.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT