ADVERTISEMENT

2022 NCPreps.com Pre-Season 1A Top 15

good looking list. I've heard some good things about our club. I expect a big year from our vikings. Will certainly be older than last year, so that should help. We will get two early challenges, so I like that.

Question after statement; Mt Airy's season will be pretty doggone clear after the first two games; 2A North Surry and 2A East Surry (ranked 6 in NC 2A). Any other teams start their season with such telling games?

• Haha
Reactions: dogs79 and UNC91
Question after statement; Mt Airy's season will be pretty doggone clear after the first two games; 2A North Surry and 2A East Surry (ranked 6 in NC 2A). Any other teams start their season with such telling games?

Robbinsville opens at Asheville (4A defending conference champ), then hosts Brevard the next week. Brevard was down a little last year and will have a new coach, but have made a few deep runs in 2A the last few years. Then Mountain Heritage comes to town in week 3.

Mitchell opens with 3A Erwin, 4A McDowell, 4A Watauga, then a tough Andrews team that beat them last year.

UNC is back at it. Laughing at everything.
Every four weeks when his meds run low.
😂

• Haha
Reactions: UNC91
I guess when your team is rock bottom you only look forward to being a troll.

• Haha
ER will see where they stand right away. They travel to Eastern Alamance Week 1. I know EA will be looking for revenge after last year's results.

Reactions: thekidd12
Nothing better than preseason high school football polls! Good list!
That being said, the Cats should be getting wayyyy more love.
I sure missed all of you and watching this site. Now here it is getting close to another season. Mitchel, Mt Airy and Robbinsville all bunched together. Should be another exciting season and gauntlet to get out of the west?

Reactions: FYNSportsJakeWest
Robbinsville opens at Asheville (4A defending conference champ), then hosts Brevard the next week. Brevard was down a little last year and will have a new coach, but have made a few deep runs in 2A the last few years. Then Mountain Heritage comes to town in week 3.

Mitchell opens with 3A Erwin, 4A McDowell, 4A Watauga, then a tough Andrews team that beat them last year.
Wow!! They are starting tough right out of the gate!!

Reactions: REWhitley
I'm not That's familiar with those other two teams tar vikes. I did see Northampton play Elkin back in the day for a state championship. I think it was them maybe Northampton West? Great athletes really no way elkin should have been in the game but they dominated. Very bad in the kicking game and very undisciplined. I'm assuming it must have gotten a lot better. One of the great things about tarboro in my opinion. They are super disciplined and super well coached. And great in all three parts of the game.

North Hampton & Pender should be higher. Imo either one of those teams would’ve won the championship 🤷🏾‍♂️
I underestimated North Hampton last year definitely won't be this year. Feel like we will see them in the playoffs again, especially since they like tarboro will be returning a lot of starters. Pender ain't going nowhere either. I feel like as of this moment it's between tarboro, Pender, and North Hampton in the east

Reactions: THSRudeBoyz
I'm not That's familiar with those other two teams tar vikes. I did see Northampton play Elkin back in the day for a state championship. I think it was them maybe Northampton West? Great athletes really no way elkin should have been in the game but they dominated. Very bad in the kicking game and very undisciplined. I'm assuming it must have gotten a lot better. One of the great things about tarboro in my opinion. They are super disciplined and super well coached. And great in all three parts of the game.
Very undisciplined. Oh trust me when tarboro played them last year north Hampton was very undisciplined. They were baiting tarboro all night long. Great athletes though. Appreciate the remarks about tarboro players and coaches though.

Yeah there used to be a Northampton East and a Northampton West but they consolidated a few years ago. I imagine a county that size also having a charter school made it hard to keep running two high schools. Plus, what is it, like 5 minutes away from Roanoke Rapids and the schools there? Robbinsville played the consolidated school in the final a few years ago and it wasn't pretty--they were very athletic but no kicking game and lots of fumbles and mistakes.

Last edited:
Bears lost several good Seniors off the Defense ( lead entire State w/fewest points allowed) ….Offense in good shape w/exception of a couple linemen….Kicking game solid…just a young team

• Haha
Swain county not in the top 15 pre-season poll.

Been a long time since they have been this low.

• Haha
Deanna, not asking you to name names, but curious what percentage of coaches respond and vote on these. Seems hard to get a significant number to provide information on much of anything.
I just checked MaxPrep and this is what their's say, but they did have a 1A ranking 2022 several weeks ago that looked similar to NCPreps top 7 thru, 8 is what I can remember but it is no longer there.

MaxPreps hasn't released rankings for football (2022) yet. Our rankings algorithm requires a minimum number of games played before we can accurately rank teams. Please check back soon. In the meantime, you can find previous season rankings by using the "Year" links on the left.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT