ADVERTISEMENT

2016 Shrine Bowl

AhsCougar1

Oct 3, 2007
Looks to be a pretty good roster. I bet some people are pissed per usual. Not surprisingly only 1 player from the mountains of WNC on the NC roster. And I have to say, I agree with it this year. Some years we have a good case for someone getting snubbed like Rico Dowdle who initially didnt get selected last year, but this season, I am surprised WNC even got one.Looks like a good team. Thoughts?

just from his size the kid at tcr sounds awesome. i havent seen him play yet but congrats to him.

The kid at TC is a beast. 6'7" and 340 pounds. And pretty quick for his size.

BD Warrior,
Just because the coaches never pick an Erwin player doesn't mean they don't do a good job. There are over a thousand eligible seniors in this state and only 40 or so can make the team. Maybe someday your program will produce a real football player that major colleges want. Then you will get to go to the Shrine Bowl to watch him.

hey crest fan what did u think about tcr when u guys played them? from what ive read i think theyre vastly improved and a threat to most teams they play. whats your take on them?

I sometimes think we do get the shaft in the shrine bowl up here in the mountains, but this year I dont think thats the case. As a matter of fact, our skill position players up arent what they usually are across the board from 1a-4a. Who up here plays a skill position that should have made it? Im suprised we got 1 player to be honest. The question is, not who do you believe from the mountains that got snubbed, but who's place do you believe they deserved to take?

For example...What wide receiver in WNC deserves to take 6'3'' Caleb Farley who has committed to Virginia Tech's place??
What wide receiver in WNC deserves to take Jayden Borders spot who has committed to East Carolina?
What wide receiver in WNC deserves to take 6'3'' Thomas Hennigan spot who has committed to Appalachian state?
What wide receiver in WNC deserves to take 6'3'' Emeka Emezie's spot who has committed to NC state?
What wide receiver in WNC deserves to take 6'2'' Cameron Dollars spot who has committed to Charlotte?

Another example...what quarterbacks in WNC do we have that should take 6'4'' Hendon Hooker's spot who has committed to Virginia Tech?
What quarterback in WNC do we have up here that should replace 6'5'' Will Jones spot?

Another example...what runningback do we have in WNC that got snubbed that deserved to take Christian Beal's spot who has committed to Wake Forest?
What runningback do we have in WNC that deserved to take Javon Leake's spot who has committed to Maryland?
What runningback do we have in WNC that deserved to take Larry Roundtree's spot who has offers from App state, Miami (OH), Boston College and Missouri.
What runningback do we have in WNC that deserves to be on it over Darrius Pinnix who has committed to East Carolina?

You get my point. Yea sometimes we do get screwed up here in the mountains, but this year is not one of those years. Our talent up in WNC is not at all what it is off these mountains in 2016. Congrats to Dayquan Watkins from TC Roberson for making the shrine bowl this year, but even that was a bit surprising and I have to think his 6 foot 7 340 pound frame had more to do with his selection than his on the field production.

Its hard to say, but we dont have shrine bowl talent up here this year and we dont deserve to have any skill guys.

The kid at TC is a beast. 6'7" and 340 pounds. And pretty quick for his size.

BD Warrior,
Just because the coaches never pick an Erwin player doesn't mean they don't do a good job. There are over a thousand eligible seniors in this state and only 40 or so can make the team. Maybe someday your program will produce a real football player that major colleges want. Then you will get to go to the Shrine Bowl to watch him.

Actually we had one a few years ago. Why do Crest fans think they need to go around insulting everyone. I don't care how good your program is. I thank God I live where I do and not in some meth infested rat hole like you do. After football life must be miserable for you kid!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT