ADVERTISEMENT

#2 North Davidson (13-1) at #1 East Duplin (14-0)

Who wins?

• North Davidson

Votes: 27 51.9%
  • East Duplin

Votes: 25 48.1%

• Total voters
i feel this will be a very close game that could go either way. hopefully my Panthers will find a way to win and advance! we are playing pretty well right now but we did have too many penalties last night.

Reactions: bknights#77
It's all about the trenches. North o and d are great on the line, so are the Panthers. Which side gives?!

When is the last time a team out of the East has actually won the state championship as the West rules the East in 2A?
not sure without checking the archives. i think Tarboro might have been the last to do it. around 2010 or 2011. led by Todd Gurley. but i might be wrong.

Not going to predict a score, too many variables including the weather that night (possibility of rain)?

I do think it will be a close game. I also believe that whoever wins the turnover and penalty “war” wins the game. The final 4 for 2AA is tough, could see any of the 4 remaining teams winning it. A busted play, special teams return/TD, having a TD called back by a questionable penalty....a lot of ways a close game can swing one way or the other.....

Not going to predict a score, too many variables including the weather that night (possibility of rain)?

I do think it will be a close game. I also believe that whoever wins the turnover and penalty “war” wins the game. The final 4 for 2AA is tough, could see any of the 4 remaining teams winning it. A busted play, special teams return/TD, having a TD called back by a questionable penalty....a lot of ways a close game can swing one way or the other.....
Hey Kicked, if Doeren goes to Tennessee will that effect Christopher's commit??

Hey Kicked, if Doeren goes to Tennessee will that effect Christopher's commit??
Sounds like a family matter, not something to announce on a message board.....with that being said I can't speak for anyone just a thought. Also, anytime a program has a coaching change it always effects commits in many ways.

When is the last time a team out of the East has actually won the state championship as the West rules the East in 2A?

The east is 8-32 vs the west in title games since 2000. I counted Reidsville as west the off years they represented the east.

E. Duplin has to play 2 western teams to get to the championship this year. I don't know of any other eastern school that has done that before.

Last edited:
Sounds like a family matter, not something to announce on a message board.....with that being said I can't speak for anyone just a thought. Also, anytime a program has a coaching change it always effects commits in many ways.
Irrelevant now! Doeren staying in Raleigh!

Reactions: Otis4411
Chopper747, We will be glad to claim the two wins won't we over Western teams. Then another one in title game.

The east is 8-32 vs the west in title games since 2000. I counted Reidsville and as west the off years they represented the east.

E. Duplin has to play 2 western teams to get to the championship this year. I don't know of any other eastern school that has done that before.

Theres a first time for everything. Count Randleman as #3

d929f467c04855ada4231bb1b4d2d316--val-kilmer-western-movies.jpg

Theres a first time for everything. Count Randleman as #3

d929f467c04855ada4231bb1b4d2d316--val-kilmer-western-movies.jpg
LOL! Funny pic..

I only counted Randleman and North Davidson...who else was sent over there from the west? I don't think ED played Ledford, or were you predicting a title win?

Yes , I was making the prediction that E.D. would beat N.D. in the Eastern Final. With a win Tonite ,that would be three wins over teams from Western half of N.C. Yea I did.

I have thinking about the playoff system and the NCHSAA . I can't believe that this association, as educated as I know them to be came up with or allowed this bracket system for these playoffs occuring now. It is crazy and stupid to be sending teams,(kids), nearly across the state from mountains to the sea when there could have been closer competition for an equal regional title. I know it went both ways , west to east, and east to west. My gracious , isn't that a bit too much. COME ON MAN.

Reactions: 96panther
Do any North Davidson fans of any kind of broadcast of the game, radio, internet.

I appreciate that Omega385. It is really a nice broadcast. Great to be able to listen from the coast. Good luck to your team,.

If I'm East Duplin, I just run the ball every single time, they are shredding North's defense.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT