ADVERTISEMENT

#2 Mitchell (12-1) @ #1 East Surry (13-0)

I’m not saying that his foot hasn’t slowed him down but to say he’s as fast as Gosnell is comical I’ve seen the film, Gosnell would leave that kid standing still staring at his backside 100% or not. He might be as fast as the younger Gosnell on a good day. LOL

yeah he’s really slow. We’ve not seen anyone as fast as y’all

I'll agree with this. Strait line speed is not his strong point. He has excellent field vision, and the best football IQ I've ever seen at the high school level. #7 for Mitchell will be the best player on the field Friday night.
We will see because I’d love to beg the differ. East has at least 2 are on another level.

I think the bigger question would be why did East only score 26 on that weak defense?
4 star OLB was finally able to get some pressure. That team is top 5 in the state in sack across all classifications. They matched up fairly well. East killed at least 3 drives with uncharacteristic false starts.

I don't recall one post saying ES can't win, much less countless posts. Also, I haven't seen a post that said Mitchell will run over ES. Some, including myself, have stated that Mitchell will be the most physical team that ES has seen, including Reidsville.

I haven’t either. Must be Mumbo jumbo. Regardless this will be a tough climb for Mitchell.

Good luck and safe travels to all.

Lets all try and remember at the end of the night this is still teenagers playing a game that we adults sometimes take more seriously than some of the kids themselves. May the best team win, hopefully without controversy. Regardless of the outcome there will be a group of young men who will be playing in there last game, emotions will be high. For the winner go win a state title. For the losers of the game, each team has a group of young men that have outstanding careers and should be applauded. As adults let us all in Purple and Red try and set an example of how to act. NOT trying to get on a high horse and preach here but I have seen, as we all have, some things by parents and fans that have been out of line.

Go Mountaineers

At the end of Mitchells last game last year, i stood at the fence where Mitchell came off the field and watched my cousion come off that field with tears in his eyes knowing that was the last game he would play. There was alot of guys with tears and looking back at the field. All these young men that play football for Mitchell or wherever they play give 100 percent at practice and on Friday night. I know here in Mitchell County the smaller kids look up to these young men. I think all our schools and communities can be very proud of all these young men across our great state of nc. I know we sure are here in the mountains. Good luck to both teams tomorrow night and Go Mountaineers

To the Mitchell fans please remember Dean Greene he's back in the hospital. I've known and gone to church with Dean my whole life and our pastor last night while taking prayer request said Dean just wanted one thing a radio so he could listen to the ball game tomorrow night ( which be will taken care of).
For everyone else here the reason I mentioned Dean, he has been filming first Bowman then Mitchell football for I guess 50 years. He now has Parkinson's disease.

thats right were totally out classed
With all due respect sir you are a DUMBASS. Mitchell has much more size than East Surry and East has much more speed than Mitchell. I’m not sure why you take that as an insult.

Last edited:
Glad you took Bowhunter’s post to heart.
No but everyone is on here stating their opinion except one guy who’s a little butthurt that his team isn’t the favorite for one game all year and continues to post ignorant, sarcastic garbage.

Sick of hearing ESOD run his mouth. They have a great year this year and all of a sudden they could beat anyone in the country. Better be ready IF you win this game because Tarboro is gonna punch you in the mouth.

Pulling for Mitchell , I saw you guys last year and what you were bringing back. You can get it done , show them what mountain is about .

What radio stations will be carrying this game ? Any radio live streams ? Links would be greatly appreciated .

1470 WTOE. They have a website were you can stream them or you can download an app called Simple Radio on a cellphone.

Listen Pittman may not be the fastest guy on the field Friday night but if he’s at 100% or 80% for that matter he’s hard to even get a hand on running behind those “mountains of men” ;) that are on the line !! But the great thing about Mitchell is they are not a 1 man team either. Yes #7 is a stud but he’s not alone. Mitchell is very well rounds team and they may just loose but I will bet the farm East will know the played a Damn good team Saturday morning.
Ball control will be the key to this game for Mitchell and I’m sure that’s gonna be the biggest part of the game plan. Grind it out football !!! Don’t try to get in a scoring battle like the Reidsville game was. Hit’em hard and often MOUNTAIN FOOTBALL at its best !!!

Alright gentleman. Why don’t all of us old washed up has beens just agree on this. Those Mitchell and Pilot Mountain boys have played some good ball all year and done what they had to for them both to be to this point. We all get caught up in this or that and make it a pissing contest and it’s all in fun. In the end it doesn’t matter what we think we know about each other or our own teams. All that matters is both of these teams are in the western finals and have a ton to be proud of regardless of anything us old timers say. The debate of ES is faster than Mitchell, Mitchell is bigger and more physical than ES is all just a common stereotype that has played out year after year. ES is fast and Mitchell I’m sure has plenty of speed too. Mitchell is big and physical and ES is big and physical too. Do they both have different styles? Yes and that has been the debate about which style wins out. Mitchell will be faster than the ES posters think and ES will be bigger and more physical than Mitchell posters think. In the end, it’s about 16 and 17 year old kids playing for their home towns and their own brand. Let’s all just sit back and enjoy these kids doing what we all wish we could still do, play the greatest game on earth on the biggest stage in the West. Safe travels to all the Mitchell fans who are coming up to “Our Mountain” in Surry County.

Last edited:
4 star OLB was finally able to get some pressure. That team is top 5 in the state in sack across all classifications. They matched up fairly well. East killed at least 3 drives with uncharacteristic false starts.
Man you must wear flip flops year around. All you talked was how you would running clock MIC. I told you it was a good matchup and you’d win by 10. You said” they barely beat Mt Airy, we’ll destroy them”! You win by 12. Now MiC is top 5 in the state and you played your worst game of the year. It might have been your worst game of the year because that can happen anytime. But now MIC is sooo good even though “ you watched film and you found them lacking”! Lmao!! East Surry may beat the wheels off Mitchell, Mitchell may surprise East Surry. Either way I hope for a safe, injury free, hard fought, ending to great seasons for both schools.

Reactions: Illuminati704
Sick of hearing ESOD run his mouth. They have a great year this year and all of a sudden they could beat anyone in the country. Better be ready IF you win this game because Tarboro is gonna punch you in the mouth.
No me along with all Cardinal fans have tons of respect for Tarboro their play this season and Tradition speak for itself. Mitchell on the other hand is a bunch of smoke and mirrors and a BIG ole crowd of SMC wannabes!

Alright gentleman. Why don’t all of us old washed up has beens just agree on this. Those Mitchell and Pilot Mountain boys have played some good ball all year and done what they had to for them both to be to this point. We all get caught up in this or that and make it a pissing contest and it’s all in fun. In the end it doesn’t matter what we think we know about each other or our own teams. All that matters is both of these teams are in the western finals and have a ton to be proud of regardless of anything us old timers say. The debate of ES is faster than Mitchell, Mitchell is bigger and more physical than ES is all just a common stereotype that has played out year after year. ES is fast and Mitchell I’m sure has plenty of speed too. Mitchell is big and physical and ES is big and physical too. Do they both have different styles? Yes and that has been the debate about which style wins out. Mitchell will be faster than the ES posters think and ES will be bigger and more physical than Mitchell posters think. In the end, it’s about 16 and 17 year old kids playing for their home towns and their own brand. Let’s all just sit back and enjoy these kids doing what we all wish we could still do, play the greatest game on earth on the biggest stage in the West. Safe travels to all the Mitchell fans who are coming up to “Our Mountain” in Surry County.
Can’t disagree with this at all well said!!

No me along with all Cardinal fans have tons of respect for Tarboro their play this season and Tradition speak for itself. Mitchell on the other hand is a bunch of smoke and mirrors and a BIG ole crowd of SMC wannabes!

dude, that’s right smoke and mirrors

Lol, you’re so full of ****! You can’t even respond to my post cause you know you’re just “ full of ****”! If we’re smc wannabes then you’re just a tarboro wannabe that has never and will never be. We all read your posts, your claims of dominance, no one stands a chance. You’ve done it for years. You never give any credit to teams that beat your unbeatable teams. You just fade away! If you win, you talk. If you lose, you hide. You post what you think and when you’re right, you let everyone know. And when you’re wrong you hide until the next season. Then you pop up to start all over again. We maybe smoke and mirrors but at least we’re consistent. We are a factor every year. 1/a or1/aa. You’re just the supplement while Mt Airy is rebuilding. Congrats!

At the end of all this is a football game to be played. I'm just a fan from Mitchell, but for Mitchell to win they must take care of ball, line must pressure ES QB if not ES wins unless they give the game away.

Reactions: Mhsneer
Lol, you’re so full of ****! You can’t even respond to my post cause you know you’re just “ full of ****”! If we’re smc wannabes then you’re just a tarboro wannabe that has never and will never be. We all read your posts, your claims of dominance, no one stands a chance. You’ve done it for years. You never give any credit to teams that beat your unbeatable teams. You just fade away! If you win, you talk. If you lose, you hide. You post what you think and when you’re right, you let everyone know. And when you’re wrong you hide until the next season. Then you pop up to start all over again. We maybe smoke and mirrors but at least we’re consistent. We are a factor every year. 1/a or1/aa. You’re just the supplement while Mt Airy is rebuilding. Congrats!
Pretty sure I’ve given Tarboro all the credit for kicking our ass in the second half last year. Made adjustments and won plain and simple. If Mitchell wins tomorrow night I’ll eat my crow. If not you’ll be the one dissapearing.

Pretty sure I’ve given Tarboro all the credit for kicking our ass in the second half last year. Made adjustments and won plain and simple. If Mitchell wins tomorrow night I’ll eat my crow. If not you’ll be the one dissapearing.
Lol, seriously that’s the best you got?

They’ve got 3 d1 players. If we stay within 3 tds we’re going to be lucky

I’d have respect for Tarboro to if they beat us like a drum the last time we played them. You better learn to respect Mitchell because after tonight, you might not have a choice

I’d have respect for Tarboro to if they beat us like a drum the last time we played them. You better learn to respect Mitchell because after tonight, you might not have a choice
I’ve always believed respect was earned not given. Mitchell has their chance to earn my tonight plain and simple.

Dude if y’all don’t win by at least 3 tds you should be disappointed with all that d1 talent

Gosnell is scary good. Boaz can sling it. Y’all are the real deal. I think if you win tonight you’ll give tarboro all they want

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT