ADVERTISEMENT

#2 Mitchell (12-1) @ #1 East Surry (13-0)

If you want to eat in Elkin hit up Skull Camp. They actually have BBQ but its western style but has a heavy smoke to it. However their smoked wings and ribs are pretty good. Also they brew their own beer. Get a Knuckle Dragger. Speedy Chef is good for a burger and fry or footlong. Maddys is really good too. Blue plate specials and alot of food for the price. Philly cheesesteak is delish and its huuuuge. Southern on Main is great but a little more pricy. Angry Troll has good wood fired pizza as well.

Dang Thunder, you left out the famous one, Harry’s. But you would probably miss the game waiting on a table. Where is Skull Camp in Elkin?

Dang Thunder, you left out the famous one, Harry’s. But you would probably miss the game waiting on a table. Where is Skull Camp in Elkin?

Dang I did. I knew I was missing something. Just had it last week too. Yes Harry's is awesome! Small menu but worth it. Ribeye, crab legs, burgers, and shrimp. Get there by 5 if you wanna make the game.

Skull Camp is in the Basin Creek building.

Dang I did. I knew I was missing something. Just had it last week too. Yes Harry's is awesome! Small menu but worth it. Ribeye, crab legs, burgers, and shrimp. Get there by 5 if you wanna make the game.

Skull Camp is in the Basin Creek building.

I will have to give it a try, one last question, is Angry Troll the Pizza place at the end of Main Street. If so, that wasn’t always it’s name was it? And if it is they have excellent pizza.

MIC had a good game plan but East played them pretty physical and limited Burris. Haven’t really seen much Mitchell football but they have got to have a pass threat to open their run game. East can run it just enough to keep opponents honest. Boaz will need to be better. Had off night vs. MIC. Mitchell will need to be just more than physical to beat East. Athletes will beat physicality 8 out of 10 times. Boaz will get back on track and it will be East by 14. #analysis

Well, I’d say athletes that are skilled certainly are an advantage. All Mitchell has to do is get behind those big dudes and gain 3 1/2 yards a play, not turn it over. I’m not saying they’re going to win but that’s our best shot.

MIC had a good game plan but East played them pretty physical and limited Burris. Haven’t really seen much Mitchell football but they have got to have a pass threat to open their run game. East can run it just enough to keep opponents honest. Boaz will need to be better. Had off night vs. MIC. Mitchell will need to be just more than physical to beat East. Athletes will beat physicality 8 out of 10 times. Boaz will get back on track and it will be East by 14. #analysis
East won’t out physical Mitchell, maybe out athlete. And no, athletes won’t beat physicality 8 out of 10. That doesn’t even hold true in college anymore , and high school is a different brand of football. If East is banking on athleticism to win then have at it.

I will have to give it a try, one last question, is Angry Troll the Pizza place at the end of Main Street. If so, that wasn’t always it’s name was it? And if it is they have excellent pizza.

Yes. It was once 222 Public House. The owners sold out to Angry Troll who had started a brewery downstairs. The restaurant is called Angry Troll at 222. The original owners have 2 outstanding restaurants in Winston now on Robinhood Rd at Robinhood Point. Stoked Woodfired Pub which has the pizza and Social Southern Kitchen and Cocktails.

Reactions: Sportsnut17
Mountain View Restaurant in Pilot Mountain immediately off 52 and 5-10 from stadium. Friendly to high school sports fans cause two relatives played football at East. Did East Surry play at Mitchell in the 1980’s with temp below freezing and Mitchell’s QB later went to ECU as a linebacker?

Mountain View Restaurant in Pilot Mountain immediately off 52 and 5-10 from stadium. Friendly to high school sports fans cause two relatives played football at East. Did East Surry play at Mitchell in the 1980’s with temp below freezing and Mitchell’s QB later went to ECU as a linebacker?

Yep 1986 I believe.

no that was mt. Airy and it was cold as well diggers arse in the March wind.

Wherever they may chose to eat, if you are feeding the Mitchell County group, be prepared. I heard they are bringing 5 bus loads of students and fans.

Reactions: Mhsneer
Mitchell way to big and physical for East to handle. ES defense will give up long drive after long drive keeping their potent offense off the field for big chunks of the game. Mountaineers wear them down in the second half and win going away by 21. Its too bad that Tarboro is waiting in the final. They'd give Shelby all they wanted and would absolutely destroy this years Reidsville team. They're the real deal and too much for Mitchell in the championship game.

Yeah right

no that was mt. Airy and it was cold as well diggers arse in the March wind.

Yeah I was thinking about I believe was the last time Mitchell and East Surry played in the playoffs but I don't believe it was that terribly cold. In 1986 Mitchell beat East Surry 27-0 then Mt Airy 27-22 then lost to Newton-Conover 20-12 who lost the eventual state champions Lexington in the west regional of the 2A playoffs. I was working for WKYK / WTOE selling ads and the usual color commentator couldn't do the Newton - Conover game so I had to fill in.

I was at the MA game in 80’s-cold cold cold! we had the ball late drove down inside the 5...ran play action on 4th down...QB “superior”fake - could have run it in and would have scored before Mitchell realized he had the ball...chose to throw it to wide open receiver...dropped! Game over...

Everyone is asking if Mitchell can stop
ES but I think you should be asking if ES can stop Mitchell ? Mitchell will ground and pound taking ES out of their game and causing turnovers. Mitchell will control the clock and never give ES time to get in a grove

I heard all this and more before the East Surry vs Reidsville . I heard Reidsville was on a different level above East Surry, LOL ... East Surry thrives on being David the Giant-killer. The more they are put down the harder they play and win. They will be ready and firing on all 8 cylinders.

I believe you have your metaphor backwards here. Yeah in the Reidsville game they were definitely the Goliath in the David vs Goliath metaphor but not this game. Wildcats assessment of the game is one of very few that has been given even gives Mitchell a chance
From the start of the playoffs it's been no one in the west stood a chance against East Surry and Friday night that might be what happens but that will definitely mean in this case that Goliath won because Mitchell is definitely the David coming into this game.

I heard all this and more before the East Surry vs Reidsville . I heard Reidsville was on a different level above East Surry, LOL ... East Surry thrives on being David the Giant-killer. The more they are put down the harder they play and win. They will be ready and firing on all 8 cylinders.

We are in no way Reidsville, And Wildcat is not a Mitchell fan, I don't think anyone thinks we are Goliath in this match up as everyone has heard all year how unstoppable East is, no one has said that about Mitchell. We are just hoping to have a slingshot and some shiny smooth stones Friday night.

I didn’t put ES down at all !! I’m just saying that I believe Mitchell’ Style of play will win out. I’ve seen Murphy, Swain & Robbinsville do the same to high octane offenses for decades and Mitchell plays the same type of football. Just stating my opinion and have no dog in this fight

The word all week In countless post is ES has athletes but they can’t win due to the physicality that Mitchell will play with and ES is not as big as Mitchell. Folks have said they will get ran over, under and through. If I had not seen ES three times this year and just went in what folks are saying, I would think ES is a team with speed but pee wee size. If the mountain folk are meaning that it’s more of clash of styles then I can see that as Mitchell I’m sure will ball control and be very methodical while East is very up tempo and all over the field. As the saying goes, styles make fights. I do think it will be a great game. Good luck to both squads and here is to a healthy and slug fest of a game.

The word all week In countless post is ES has athletes but they can’t win due to the physicality that Mitchell will play with and ES is not as big as Mitchell. Folks have said they will get ran over, under and through. If I had not seen ES three times this year and just went in what folks are saying, I would think ES is a team with speed but pee wee size. If the mountain folk are meaning that it’s more of clash of styles then I can see that as Mitchell I’m sure will ball control and be very methodical while East is very up tempo and all over the field. As the saying goes, styles make fights. I do think it will be a great game. Good luck to both squads and here is to a healthy and slug fest of a game.
I don't recall one post saying ES can't win, much less countless posts. Also, I haven't seen a post that said Mitchell will run over ES. Some, including myself, have stated that Mitchell will be the most physical team that ES has seen, including Reidsville.

I just hope we can score honestly East is the biggest baddest thing we’ve ever seen
Sarcastic comments like this is what he’s talking about idk about the biggest and baddest must most skilled and talented team you’ve seen all year by a good margin.

If Mitchell does run at East Surry’s front 6, it will be interesting to see just where they see a weakness! Very good athletes with size at the edges with Washington and B Gosnell. Inside Bottoms is 300 and Speaks and Bullington are veteran senior linebackers. And will Mitchell double cover Stephen Gosnell when they are on defense. Does Mitchell have enough speed in their secondary then to cover Mosley and Stevens?? Great matchups for important coaching decisions. Welcome to Surry County and Pilot Mountain. And we have GOOD football in this area : East Surry, Mount Airy, West Stokes!!!

Reactions: TD-FridayNight
Mitchell wont be 100 percent #7 still has hurt ankle/foot if he was 100 percent I know Mitchell could win he is as fast as gosnell with him not being able to play his normal game Mitchell will have a rough time but I promise it wont be a damn blowout east may win but not more than 7 points

Holding MIC and their 3 star RB to 14pts with only 4 DL in the game is pretty impressive. And their best run stoppers only played 1 series, don't believe stopping the run will be that big of an issue.
I think the bigger question would be why did East only score 26 on that weak defense?

Mitchell wont be 100 percent #7 still has hurt ankle/foot if he was 100 percent I know Mitchell could win he is as fast as gosnell with him not being able to play his normal game Mitchell will have a rough time but I promise it wont be a damn blowout east may win but not more than 7 points
I’m not saying that his foot hasn’t slowed him down but to say he’s as fast as Gosnell is comical I’ve seen the film, Gosnell would leave that kid standing still staring at his backside 100% or not. He might be as fast as the younger Gosnell on a good day. LOL

I’m not saying that his foot hasn’t slowed him down but to say he’s as fast as Gosnell is comical I’ve seen the film, Gosnell would leave that kid standing still staring at his backside 100% or not. He might be as fast as the younger Gosnell on a good day. LOL
I'll agree with this. Strait line speed is not his strong point. He has excellent field vision, and the best football IQ I've ever seen at the high school level. #7 for Mitchell will be the best player on the field Friday night.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT