ADVERTISEMENT

#2 Mitchell (12-1) @ #1 East Surry (13-0)

Little Richard’s BBQ on HWY 52 just off Hwy 89 is North Carolina Lexington-style BBQ . Also just past it is Aunt Bea's BBQ.
Lexington-style? Thank goodness Tarboro is the top seed. When you go on the road, there's no telling what the locals will pass off as food.

Reactions: wormyone42
If you like Lexington Style (Vinegar based), Little Richard's in Mt. Airy is right up there with the Lexington establishments. In Pilot Mountain, I like Mt. View Restaurant right off Highway 52. It is a good local restaurant with a variety of entrees on the menu. Nothing fancy, but good meals and nice clean restaurant.

Reactions: Thunder_struck8712
Here are my recommendations in Pilot Mountain in order.
Aunt Beas (you cant go wrong with really anything here)
Mountain View (great breakfast buffet, but you’ll be eating dinner, still have good food though!)
Tilted Ladder (owned by the West Stokes football coach. Good food most of the time, service is questionable sometimes)

anyone that recommends Cousin Gary’s needs to have their head checked

If you like Lexington Style (Vinegar based), Little Richard's in Mt. Airy is right up there with the Lexington establishments.
Wow! I don’t know where you’ve ate in Lexington but about any place that can stay open in Lexington will be better than any Little Richard’s. That said, the original Little Richard’s in Winston Salem is the real deal but it is no longer call Little Richard’s. A general rule of thumb is the closer you get to the mountains the worse your bbq will be.

Wow! I don’t know where you’ve ate in Lexington but about any place that can stay open in Lexington will be better than any Little Richard’s. That said, the original Little Richard’s in Winston Salem is the real deal but it is no longer call Little Richard’s. A general rule of thumb is the closer you get to the mountains the worse your bbq will be.

The original Little Richards in Winston is still owned by the same guy. Just changed the name to associate more with how he is recognized in the BBQ world. Ate there a while back and it was good. There is also a new Little Richards in Winston on Stratford at five points.

But yes the closer you get to the mountains the worse the BBQ gets. I would say Woodlands on BR is an exception though.

The original Little Richards in Winston is still owned by the same guy. Just changed the name to associate more with how he is recognized in the BBQ world. Ate there a while back and it was good. There is also a new Little Richards in Winston on Stratford at five points.

But yes the closer you get to the mountains the worse the BBQ gets. I would say Woodlands on BR is an exception though.
Yeah, the original one in Winston Salem is the only one that cooks with wood and I don’t consider any not cooked with wood being real bbq. I’ve ate at Woodlands but it was several years goo.

The best barbecue is in blountville tn. Ridgewood barbecue.
I’ve ate there and it is really good but it’s not NC style bbq and they don’t pretend that it is. They do a good job on their sides also

Reactions: Mhsneer

I've heard Woodlands is not that good. And no bbq around here will beat Bridges bbq in Shelby...

I've heard Woodlands is not that good. And no bbq around here will beat Bridges bbq in Shelby...
It is good by mountain standards I guess. I’ve ate at both of the Bridges in Shelby (Red and Alston’s) and both serve excellent bbq. I like Red Bridges a little better but both are top notch.

The best is JD's in Rutherford College, If you are calling the pickled BBQ NC BBQ you can keep it.

Hey sports nut can we get the name of this thread changed to best BBQ around? We got another thread that is about this game and I’m honestly enjoying all the food talk here.

Y’all sleeping on the Flyin pig off 150 near Crest high school :) good gosh I’m hungry now. Our boy Shane (Mountain View) has good BBQ in Columbus also LoL

How does one eat deviled eggs without vinegar?
Lol. I have never even heard of anyone that makes deviled eggs with vinegar. Had to text a few cooks across different cultures and they have never heard of such either. Give me mayo,little mustard and relish and I'm good Oh and leave vinegar off my bbq too.

Reactions: dmcamp
I completely agree - everybody in eastern NC goes crazy over it. I like it - but it’s not as good as people make it out to be!

I like eastern and Lexington style, but neither are worth freaking out over or driving out of your way to eat.

Is this a food eating contest instead of a football game? If so, I’m going with the mountain boys from Mitchell in a blowout!

According to a lot of people, East Surry can’t match Mitchell’s size and physicality, so I guess that everyone has just decided to talk about food instead of football. Since this thread has turned to food, the best food in Surry County is Speedy Chef in Elkin, The Depot in Dobson and 13 Bones in Mt Airy. All of these would be on your way if you coming from Western NC. If you want just a burger or some type of sandwich then Aunt B’s and The Tilted Ladder in Pilot are your winners. Safe travels to everyone and happy eating.

You'll be close to right on the 10 pt spread Friday. ES by 14, LOL
If Mitchell can't keep ES offense off the field they're in trouble. I would say ES will be the most athletic you've seen. With all due respect, I don't think Mitchell is close to Reidsville athlete to athlete. If you can limit their touches, ES by 14. If you play from behind, ES by 30

If you want to eat in Elkin hit up Skull Camp. They actually have BBQ but its western style but has a heavy smoke to it. However their smoked wings and ribs are pretty good. Also they brew their own beer. Get a Knuckle Dragger. Speedy Chef is good for a burger and fry or footlong. Maddys is really good too. Blue plate specials and alot of food for the price. Philly cheesesteak is delish and its huuuuge. Southern on Main is great but a little more pricy. Angry Troll has good wood fired pizza as well.

BBQ is overrated.

#hottake

tenor.gif

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT