ADVERTISEMENT

#2 Mitchell (12-1) @ #1 East Surry (13-0)

Sitting will not be a problem at this game.
Like most HS games, Parking at East Surry is very limited.
I would get familiar with the area. More than likely a lot will be parking on the side of the road
801 W Main St, Pilot Mountain, NC 27041

What I need to know is were is the handicap parking. And looking at pictures and satellite images there is only one gate to enter and visitors have to walk around the track to the visitor stands , is that correct?

Last edited:
Reactions: Sportsnut17
I think this game is right in Mitchell’s coaches wheelhouse. It’s not Heritage and it’s not Murphy. All that’s off the table and when that’s the case they’re really good at preparing their kids. East has athletes everywhere. Mitchell has hard nosed football players everywhere. I see a bend don’t break Philosophy on defense for Mitchell. Get them in the red zone and shrink the field. On offense Mitchell will spread the field and pass/run out of it but I wouldn’t be shocked to see them go Wing T and pound it. Both teams are good at what they do but what team can change it up if they have too. That would be Mitchell. Mitchell 28 ES 27

I think this game is right in Mitchell’s coaches wheelhouse. It’s not Heritage and it’s not Murphy. All that’s off the table and when that’s the case they’re really good at preparing their kids. East has athletes everywhere. Mitchell has hard nosed football players everywhere. I see a bend don’t break Philosophy on defense for Mitchell. Get them in the red zone and shrink the field. On offense Mitchell will spread the field and pass/run out of it but I wouldn’t be shocked to see them go Wing T and pound it. Both teams are good at what they do but what team can change it up if they have too. That would be Mitchell. Mitchell 28 ES 27

I would be surprised if they run Wing T or a change of much anything on offense, especially if the QB like last week doesn't practice any.

Why? Qb doesn’t run much in wing t. They ran it the whole game 2 yrs ago against an athletic Erwin team and got the win. Mitchell’s wing gun offense is just a hybrid of the wing T. I could see it.

Craziest thing I’ve seen today. Why would you change what got you here? Adjustments? Sure, but change? Nope
Mitchell will be Mitchell and do Mitchell things. East Surry will be East Surry and do East Surry things. Should be a great clash of styles.

Reactions: Old Mountaineer
Wing T is just an adjustment to what Mitchell runs. Not so crazy if you want to slow the game down. But to each his own, ilk be crazy

East Surry has a good size parking lot connected to the football field, and parking is available on the old practice field beside the field house. After that, parking will have to be in the small lot in the front of the school, or the new lot beside of the gym, or possibly across the street at the funeral home or on the road. There are 2 gates to enter, both on the home side but at different ends of the field. The handicap parking is beside of the field house.

East Surry has a good size parking lot connected to the football field, and parking is available on the old practice field beside the field house. After that, parking will have to be in the small lot in the front of the school, or the new lot beside of the gym, or possibly across the street at the funeral home or on the road. There are 2 gates to enter, both on the home side but at different ends of the field. The handicap parking is beside of the field house.

I do appreciate the information and I'm glad there's parking and another gate closer to the visitor side. I walk with a cane and to much walking causes a lot of pain ( which is chronic anyway) plus my leg sometimes stops working if I walk to much.

Wing T is just an adjustment to what Mitchell runs. Not so crazy if you want to slow the game down. But to each his own, ilk be crazy

I don't think it's crazy, I just feel even if it's just handing the ball off that if I'm trying something different even an adjustment I would feel more comfortable if my starting QB was able to practice with it some. But I'm no coach so what to I know, maybe it not that big of a deal. And maybe if they ran it two years ago it something that's already in the playbook and they've already work on it some this year and just have ran it in a game.

Oh they know it, players know it, coaches know it. Will they run it? Maybe, maybe not. But it’s there. So any film you see on Mitchell doesn’t mean that’s what you get. Just the change that I was possibly referring to. Wink/Wink! Lol

Reactions: Old Mountaineer
Look out East could shift into power I on you all we here at Mt Airy seen it in the past that is if you are up on them it's worked in the past

50% chance as of today but that can always change in 6 days
No TD. You said ES would score 42, and I’m not gonna let that slide! So you’re sending a bunch of rain Friday to make up for you not trusting my 10 pt spread! I can’t believe you didn’t trust me! You’re dead to me TD. Lol

Reactions: TD-FridayNight
If Noah is full strength we have the best safety’s in 1a period. They cover ground well. Corners are athletes but maybe too small to play one on one. Our best chance is to play tight coverage with help over the top.

our line will be the biggest that East has seen

You might want to factor Tarboro’s safeties into that equation. After all they are a part of a defense allowing 2.7 points per game and are pretty good.

LOL, minus 14.and that is generous, could be - 21 if there arn;t any grub worms to slow them down, oh that slows Mitchell down too ....
We don’t except generosity. We earn what we can. You should have took Mitchell by 1. That was generous.

Would love to see this match-up. If I make it to the game, hope the East Surry fans will let me sit on their side and pull for the NW1A Champion and defending 1AA West Region Champion! You will spot me as I will be wearing Navy Blue and White, but pulling hard for East Surry.

Reactions: FoothillHeadHunter
So lets say some areas do indeed get 6+ inches which is possible it looks like. Mitchell cancels school. Backroads are covered. Is the Superintendent going to risk the liability involved and cut loose 16-18 year old kids on the road to get to practice?

So lets say some areas do indeed get 6+ inches which is possible it looks like. Mitchell cancels school. Backroads are covered. Is the Superintendent going to risk the liability involved and cut loose 16-18 year old kids on the road to get to practice?
No way he risks that! He gets every players address and sends snow plows to clear the road to the practice field. Just as a precaution.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT