ADVERTISEMENT

#2 Mitchell (12-1) @ #1 East Surry (13-0)

No need to beat any drum myself. I’m just patiently waiting to watch our kids beat yours like a drum.[/QUO

With 3 d1 players if you don’t then I’d hang it up. In fact with 3 d1 guys you should should beat tarboro, so we will see.

Seriously, snow days they don’t practice. At least I know basketball doesn’t. Even if it’s a little snow that melts off by noon. If schools cancelled usually practices are.

Reactions: Thunder_struck8712
I practiced in the snow a handful of times in my time at Mitchell a few years ago. So snow isn’t much of a factor. Just saying. If it’s pretty bad I mean it’ll be pure common sense to call practice off.

Reactions: Thunder_struck8712
I do feel people fail to realize the liability for having kids on the road for "a little snow." I hope Mitchell can practice tomorrow and hopefully the snow isn't crazy.

Question is how much does missing a day of practice impact you at this point?

Not gonna lie wish that snow would find its way down the mountain.

I do feel people fail to realize the liability for having kids on the road for "a little snow." I hope Mitchell can practice tomorrow and hopefully the snow isn't crazy.

Question is how much does missing a day of practice impact you at this point?

Not gonna lie wish that snow would find its way down the mountain.
Everyone is used to the snow up here. Most of those boys have been driving in the snow since they could reach the pedals. It's only calling for a couple inches, they'll practice.

Reactions: dmcamp
Key to the game will be if #7 for Mitchell is back close to 100%. He will need to be able to use his legs for them to stay close to East Surry I believe. If he is not mobile Friday night it will be tough.

If you were a betting man what would you place the spread at for Friday’s game. Mitchell +9 ? Thomas Jefferson +4 ?

If West Stokes can stop the running game they may have a shot. Their offense is tough to defend for an entire game. Hard to get pressure on the QB as they get the ball out quick. Reidsville should definitely have the speed but the defensive backs which are in many cases the receivers on offense will have to be making most of the tackles. That can wear on the receivers legs. Reidsville is definitely favored but if West gets the lead and plays with confidence and emotion they are to be reckoned with. Their line played a much better game against Heritage than either game I watched on film. I would probably say Reidsville by at least 14.
We failed to punch the ball in after driving right down the field on our first drive or we could have had a 2 TD lead. I think if Reidsville gets up early it will be over and they are very capable of doing that. Good luck to both teams and go represent the West well.

If West Stokes can stop the running game they may have a shot. Their offense is tough to defend for an entire game. Hard to get pressure on the QB as they get the ball out quick. Reidsville should definitely have the speed but the defensive backs which are in many cases the receivers on offense will have to be making most of the tackles. That can wear on the receivers legs. Reidsville is definitely favored but if West gets the lead and plays with confidence and emotion they are to be reckoned with. Their line played a much better game against Heritage than either game I watched on film. I would probably say Reidsville by at least 14.
We failed to punch the ball in after driving right down the field on our first drive or we could have had a 2 TD lead. I think if Reidsville gets up early it will be over and they are very capable of doing that. Good luck to both teams and go represent the West well.
I know this is the wrong thread. Just answering a question. Not trying to hijack anything.

Mitchell county schools have been cancelled for tomorrow. But correct me if I'm wrong, wasn't there one day last year before a playoff game school was cancelled because of weather but the football team still practiced?

Mitchell county schools have been cancelled for tomorrow. But correct me if I'm wrong, wasn't there one day last year before a playoff game school was cancelled because of weather but the football team still practiced?
I can’t speak for Mitchell but Surry County schools do not allow athletic practices or events on cancelled school days!

They should with all that talent. But Mitchell will be the most physical team East has seen this year, and likely the best line that they have faced all year. Mitchell doesn't have the athletes to match, but our boys are big, physical, and still not too shabby in the skills positions. If ES o line can't give Boaz enough time, and they have to resort to running, then the odds should be in Mitchell's favor. If Boaz can connect to Gosnell all night like against Reidsville, then I'd tip the scales to the Cards. Very interesting matchup...

Yep....they should and probably will

I can’t speak for Mitchell but Surry County schools do not allow athletic practices or events on cancelled school days!

If that was our policy then basketball wouldn’t play 12 games or practice 5 times

If it does what they are saying it will do today, I doubt Mitchell will practice. 6+" is a no go, but I don't think it's gonna snow that much...

Best of luck to Mitchell. You play Mountain football like it should be. You have had a strong team for years now and just come up short. Personally I had you picked to win the 1A State Championship this year and I feel you got shafted. ADM was under 500 and the powers at the NCHSAA put you in 1AA. Go out Friday and win the West Regional !!!

The state put the biggest in AA and smallest in A.

The state put the biggest in AA and smallest in A.
no-shit-3mv8vn.jpg

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT