ADVERTISEMENT

1A North Carolina state championship game Mitchell Mountaineers vs Tarboro Vikings

There was a catch tonight that I hope someone got on camera he had to jump for it and caught it with one hand and brought it to his body.
Was that the bomb Mitchell threw that had the Robbinsville penalty tacked onto the end of it? That was a nice catch!

Onto the game at hand, if Mitchell plays like last night, I see them winning it. The balance, if you can call Mitchell balanced on offense, was where I think it needs to be to win a championship. Not just throwing on long yardage downs will be the key to keeping Tarboro guessing. One thing to note about Mitchell's QB is he doesn't go down easy. You won't see him falling to a shoulder tackle or somebody slapping at his cleat as he runs past you.

Reactions: Purple1995
And as far as bbq goes, you down-staters don't have a clue. The only thing I've ever found remotely good from down that way was a pork skin added to a sandwich to give it some crunch. But I'll stand by the fact that good bbq is like a good steak. A good rub, low and slow, catch the drippings and add it back to the meat. I'll stand in the kitchen when I'm pulling it and eat 2 sandwiches worth while I'm prepping it for the table.

Holy pigs batman, didn’t take this long to turn to a food discussion. A whole lot of ways to cook a good pig. But you sure can ruin one with a mustard or white sauce.

Go Mountaineers
I honestly don't know why Dana hasn't added a BBQ forum on here with a no holds barred approach to it. You want to talk about some people getting mad 😄. And that white sauce (Alabama BBQ sauce) is good on a smoked turkey sandwich.

Was that the bomb Mitchell threw that had the Robbinsville penalty tacked onto the end of it? That was a nice catch!

Onto the game at hand, if Mitchell plays like last night, I see them winning it. The balance, if you can call Mitchell balanced on offense, was where I think it needs to be to win a championship. Not just throwing on long yardage downs will be the key to keeping Tarboro guessing. One thing to note about Mitchell's QB is he doesn't go down easy. You won't see him falling to a shoulder tackle or somebody slapping at his cleat as he runs past you.
Not sure there was really a few good catches there was one close to the Rville sideline were the receiver had a hard time getting up and there was one were I was surprised the receiver hung on to the ball after a hard hit but the one I was referring to was close to the Mitchell sideline I believe around the Rville 25 yard line.

Holy pigs batman, didn’t take this long to turn to a food discussion. A whole lot of ways to cook a good pig. But you sure can ruin one with a mustard or white sauce.

Go Mountaineers
I like to rub the mustard sauce on the outside and then put my rub on. Let it sit over night before I smoke. I also inject Dales seasoning into pork butts.

Reactions: Maiden Creek
I like to rub the mustard sauce on the outside and then put my rub on. Let it sit over night before I smoke. I also inject Dales seasoning into pork butts.
Nothing wrong with that. Just don’t care for a true mustard sauce. Hahaha

Go Mountaineers

Reactions: Appvol
And as far as bbq goes, you down-staters don't have a clue. The only thing I've ever found remotely good from down that way was a pork skin added to a sandwich to give it some crunch. But I'll stand by the fact that good bbq is like a good steak. A good rub, low and slow, catch the drippings and add it back to the meat. I'll stand in the kitchen when I'm pulling it and eat 2 sandwiches worth while I'm prepping it for the table.
Best bbq in the universe is in TN

Reactions: Mhsneer
Ridgewood is what I was referring to I couldn't remember the name its in the middle of nowhere in a curve right?
Ridgewood is great but it’s not NC bbq and they don’t claim to be. Ridgewood serves the best bbq west of Winston Salem IMO.

Alright I'm gonna talk about the game haha. Tarboro has been here, several years in a row now. Their boys will line up, expecting to win. None of Mitchell's players have made it this far, so they will have to not let the atmosphere catch them off guard. If the Mountaineers come out swinging like they have all playoffs, then this should be a very good game.

You need to try our combo of coon, possum and black bear cue. You would never eat that bologna sandwich or that western crap. lol
Not gonna lie .... raccoon makes some of the best BBQ and bear is tasty not a fan of possum tho 😂
Coon don’t get enough praise for how good the meat really is

Not gonna lie .... raccoon makes some of the best BBQ and bear is tasty not a fan of possum tho 😂
Coon don’t get enough praise for how good the meat really is
I have actually eaten it if you power boil it then grill it in aluminum foil with good sauce you cant hardly tell it from pork I guy I used to work with brought us some a time or 2

Reactions: Mopar forever
Alright I'm gonna talk about the game haha. Tarboro has been here, several years in a row now. Their boys will line up, expecting to win. None of Mitchell's players have made it this far, so they will have to not let the atmosphere catch them off guard. If the Mountaineers come out swinging like they have all playoffs, then this should be a very good game.
Yeah just glad to see em play 1 more time hope to keep it close and injury free

The last two games we played the oppositions O and D line came out swinging busted our lips and bloodied our noses but didn't knock us out. I think you guys have the LOS advantage and a very good qb. The atmosphere is awesome and i expect you guys will be ready. I think it will be a low scoring slobber knocker.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT