ADVERTISEMENT

1A North Carolina state championship game Mitchell Mountaineers vs Tarboro Vikings

Yeah we like to eat lol

Ok it's time, what's everyone's thoughts for real this time no bs, anyone?
It will take Mitchell a few minutes into the 1'st quarter to settle down after the adrenaline dump, but when the engine warms up, they're line will own the line of scrimmage and will come home with the title of 1a Champs with a 32-14 victory. Mitchell's linebacker core is stout and make a big difference as well. #2 will shine. Bottom line, whoever wins in the trenches, will take it and I firmly believe that will be Mitchell.
PS. Having a Western Sizzlin in Spruce Pine will be the edge that tips the scale in the Mountaineers favor.

Last edited:
This is why I love Carter Finley stadium more because the parking at that stadium is a lot better than Carolina because honestly that is ridiculous.
I'm a tar heel thru and thru, but parking on that campus sucks. There is no parking anywhere close to Kenan or the Dean Dome. Hell, me, my brother, and my dad went down for a late Tuesday game against state once, took us 2 hours of wondering around before we found the truck. In compete sobriety. We didn't get home until 5 in the morning.

I'm a tar heel thru and thru, but parking on that campus sucks. There is no parking anywhere close to Kenan or the Dean Dome. Hell, me, my brother, and my dad went down for a late Tuesday game against state once, took us 2 hours of wondering around before we found the truck. In compete sobriety. We didn't get home until 5 in the morning.
Same here man I love Carolina but the parking there is horrendous. Me and my grandpa parked on a parking deck a long ways away from kenan stadium. It took you all 2 hours completely sober 😳😯 I'm not surprised that place is a nightmare to navigate.

Same here man I love Carolina but the parking there is horrendous. Me and my grandpa parked on a parking deck a long ways away from kenan stadium. It took you all 2 hours completely sober 😳😯 I'm not surprised that place is a nightmare to navigate.
We parked in a parking deck close to Kenan, went back to what we thought was the same one, but it wasn't. We didn't really pay attention to where we were going, because we were running late, we just followed the throng of people to the dome...

We should be a little better/deeper next season. I think we’re only losing 2 guys from the line. But I think 2023 is the year we will be back to our usual numbers.
Plus we return a good portion of our backfield as well. Plus we got Mason satterfield coming up who I have heard lots of great things about. Losing Tobias is gonna hurt though since he's a three year starter.

Well I hate Carolina so sounds like their parking is just one more thing to add to the list.😂

It will take Mitchell a few minutes into the 1'st quarter to settle down after the adrenaline dump, but when the engine warms up, they're line will own the line of scrimmage and will come home with the title of 1a Champs with a 32-14 victory. Mitchell's linebacker core is stout and make a big difference as well. #2 will shine. Bottom line, whoever wins in the trenches, will take it and I firmly believe that will be Mitchell.
PS. Having a Western Sizzlin in Spruce Pine will be the edge that tips the scale in the Mountaineers favor.
Does not matter what any of us talking heads on this forum say or think. It will have no affect on the outcome of this game. Who ever plays their best game tomorrow will win. Both teams have their strengths and weaknesses . They are both well coached and prepared for this game.

A letter from a state champion to those headed to state:
First of all, CONRATULATIONS!! What you have done is no easy task. Your hard work, day in and day out, has paid off, and you have achieved the second highest goal you can attain in high school football. You're going to the State Play Offs! You have made many proud!
My advice to you is to take a few moments today and remember who helped you get there. Someone birthed you, someone raised you, someone gave you a football, someone bought your cleats, someone taught you the game, someone encouraged you along the way, and many cheered for you. Thank them.
Also remember that you are a team and every single person on your team has made some contribution to your team's success. Thank one another and remember the play calls, blocks, tackles, kicks, punts, passes, runs and touchdowns each person has contributed. Remember how you pushed one another and encouraged one another in practices and games. Do it all again tomorrow. Leave everything on the field.There is such beauty and strength in teamwork.
Most importantly, I would encourage each of you to look to God, your Creator, for strength and courage tomorrow. He is with you wherever you go. Thank Him for this opportunity, and praise Him for what He has allowed in your life. Play to glorify Him. Play with integrity and good sportsmanship. Win on His terms.
May God bless you as you travel and play.
Go Mitchell Mountaineers! We are cheering for you in the Charlotte area!

A post someone sent to the team. The send off today was awesome, brought a tear to this ol softies eyes.

A letter from a state champion to those headed to state:
First of all, CONRATULATIONS!! What you have done is no easy task. Your hard work, day in and day out, has paid off, and you have achieved the second highest goal you can attain in high school football. You're going to the State Play Offs! You have made many proud!
My advice to you is to take a few moments today and remember who helped you get there. Someone birthed you, someone raised you, someone gave you a football, someone bought your cleats, someone taught you the game, someone encouraged you along the way, and many cheered for you. Thank them.
Also remember that you are a team and every single person on your team has made some contribution to your team's success. Thank one another and remember the play calls, blocks, tackles, kicks, punts, passes, runs and touchdowns each person has contributed. Remember how you pushed one another and encouraged one another in practices and games. Do it all again tomorrow. Leave everything on the field.There is such beauty and strength in teamwork.
Most importantly, I would encourage each of you to look to God, your Creator, for strength and courage tomorrow. He is with you wherever you go. Thank Him for this opportunity, and praise Him for what He has allowed in your life. Play to glorify Him. Play with integrity and good sportsmanship. Win on His terms.
May God bless you as you travel and play.
Go Mitchell Mountaineers! We are cheering for you in the Charlotte area!

A post someone sent to the team. The send off today was awesome, brought a tear to this ol softies eyes.
That's awesome! Go Mountaineer's!!

Yeah man, it's been awesome jawing with you Mitchell fans. You guys and the Eastern Randolph boys are classy and funny. Hopefully all three teams make it deep in the playoffs next year and we can chat again.
Agreed. That’s why I’ve really had a hard time talking any junk this week because I respect the Mitchell fans so much. If we were playing a couple other schools, that shall remain nameless - it would be a lot easier for me to talk a little smack!

Y’all are the class of 1a and we have an uphill battle. I believe we can do it, it’ll take a little luck and determination. Much respect for tarboro. Y’all are classy all the way including how your team competes! Hope for an injury free game.
Mount Airy & Mitchell had respectful 34-pages of conversations and on my part, I gained a lot of respect for the Mountaineers. I never had so much fun in my 12 or 13 years under a couple of names TD-FridayNight since 2015. I hope to see Mitchell will the State Championship because they deserve it and if Tarboro continues to win every year, they should be moved up to 2A after a 4 or 5-year run, winning every year. Just my opinion and means nothing. Best Of luck to Mitchell, win it all and represent the west well ! ! !

Mount Airy & Mitchell had respectful 34-pages of conversations and on my part, I gained a lot of respect for the Mountaineers. I never had so much fun in my 12 or 13 years under a couple of names TD-FridayNight since 2015. I hope to see Mitchell will the State Championship because they deserve it and if Tarboro continues to win every year, they should be moved up to 2A after a 4 or 5-year run, winning every year. Just my opinion and means nothing. Best Of luck to Mitchell, win it all and represent the west well ! ! !
What’s wrong? The Gummy Bears can’t handle a little competition?

Good luck to both teams from Shelby! I was at the Tarboro vs Shelby game many moons ago and have nothing but respect for them . And as the crow Flys it isn't far from Shelby to Mitchell . I'll be pulling for the West teams in the championship games but if there was a way both could win it would be this game .
I played For Tarboro on 98' when we played Shelby, it was an experience...Lol

Agreed. That’s why I’ve really had a hard time talking any junk this week because I respect the Mitchell fans so much. If we were playing a couple other schools, that shall remain nameless - it would be a lot easier for me to talk a little smack!
Same here man I've enjoyed chatting with the Mitchell fans this week very classy group. First time this year I actually hate we don't have eight state championship games. If tarboro was playing those other nameless schools that you were talking about this thread would have probably turned ugly quickly.

We should be a little better/deeper next season. I think we’re only losing 2 guys from the line. But I think 2023 is the year we will be back to our usual numbers.
Sounds good. Murphy will likely be down some next year from what they’ve been the last several years, but a good JV group from this season should be ready to step forward by 2023 or 2024. Hope we get a Tarboro/Murphy title game before Murphy ceases to exist in a few years.

Same here man I've enjoyed chatting with the Mitchell fans this week very classy group. First time this year I actually hate we don't have eight state championship games. If tarboro was playing those other nameless schools that you were talking about this thread would have probably turned ugly quickly.
Actually now that I think about it there isn't no probably it would have turned ugly.

Reactions: wncbowhunter
So I'm trying to watch the Rose versus Dudley 3A State title game and it isn't even on TV kind of concerned this may happen tomorrow for the tarboro game
Yeah this telecast is horrible. One play and we will be right back for a long time. The 1-2 plays and blue screen we will be right back. But hey I did get to see a commercial.

Go Mountaineers

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT