ADVERTISEMENT

1A 1A Girls Basketball Thread

Deana_King

Staff
May 31, 2001
Post anything about NCHSAA 1A Girls Basketball here!!

Top games, top players, top teams, and just general conversations about just 1A Girls!!

Tuesday Night: 10/7/21: Boys played
Mount Airy -- 00
Surry Central - 00
No Girls game due to Covid protocols
w/in the Surry Central girls varsity. Makeup TBD

Fri. 12/10/21
Mount Airy @ East Wilkes

Last edited:
Mount Airy Girls next games.
The Mount Airy (NC) varsity basketball team has a neutral tournament game vs. Blacksburg (VA) on Tuesday, December 21 @ 5p.
Game Details: Danny Jonas Christmas Tournament @Fort Chiswell HS

FHIfi6JXoAIGHMZ

Last edited:
Robbinsville 56
Swain 28
Final

Robbinsville 3-0

Running clock in the 3rd Q.
Robbinsville could've scored 90 total but choose only to score 10 in the 2nd half.

Murphy next.

Reactions: TD-FridayNight
Next Game 12/21/21

I didn't see this game on the schedule.
Girls: Fri 12/17/2021
Mount Airy 56
Starmount 45

MA Girls Now 2-2

Last edited:
Heritage girls over rosman 72-57. And actually looking at the numbers that was with 2 starters and a 6th girl in early foul trouble through 3 quarters should have been worse if I’m being honest. Not taking anything away from rosman they are a solid team.

Reactions: Mhsneer
Yeah. I thought Rosman at 1 was wrong.
Rosman should be 7th-10th.

Mount Airy Girls next games.
The Mount Airy (NC) varsity basketball team has a neutral tournament game vs. Blacksburg (VA) on Tuesday, December 21 @ 5p.

FHIfi6JXoAIGHMZ
Game 1
Blacksburg 62 Mount Airy 34

Game 2
Eastern Montgomery (Elliston, VA) 39 Mount Airy 38

Game 3
Mount Airy 61 Northwood 26

We’ve had some out with covid. I think it’ll be between us and y’all. Y’all are probably older and will play tougher on defense
If your talking about the girls I doubt we are older we got 1 senior and 2 juniors. 4 of our starting 5 are sophomores and first two off the bench are a sophomore and freshman. We are very young. Now boys we probably are older if I was guessing. Should be two good match ups.

Our boys look better with ty back. That game will be close. We’re starting 3 juniors 2 seniors. Our girls are young like y’all. Mainly juniors and sophomores playing.

Reactions: 97Cougar
Idiotically Funny. Salty much? FYI was just referring to Bishop McGuinness. Charters get em from everywhere. Hmmmm y’all probably don’t think public schools recruit right? Heard of Page? Grimsley?

Well I know But topic was recruiting. I digress..
inside the 1A top 10 recruit and another 2 outside of that (top 20) get students outside of their district. The message is they’re not all privates and charters recruiting. I’m at a public and see it/hear it day in and out. Most schools will ‘recruit’ one way or another. Kids are smart and have some sway amongst friends. Coaches have to develop players.
For example, there’s a school where the varsity is pretty decent but they’re not developing their JV program. Their coach is clueless (bless him) and the kids are not getting better. On another campus, this is the opposite. I’m not gonna blame schools on any level that kids see doing well and want to play there but when coaches are door knocking, making employment promises and such, now that’s gotta go and not what happens at the school someone here is alluding to.

That’s why Suzy is the best coach men or women’s in western highlands and it isn’t close
She coached a hell of a game on a night that mine included girls half assed showed up. No knock towards Mitchells girls but we should have won that by 20 plus. Honestly way we played we should have lost tonight. Mitchell boys looked good tonight.

Last edited:
She coached a hell of a game on a night that mine included girls half assed showed up. No knock towards Mitchells girls but we should have won that by 20 plus. Honestly way we played we should have lost tonight. Mitchell boys looked good tonight.
Was a weird game to me. Absolutely no excitement in the gym for the girls game. I didn’t think either team played very well. Heard, apologizing up front if not true, Heritage was dealing with some sickness, so that may have played into it. You can tell the 3 coach turnover has had an effect on Mitchell. At least it looked that way to me. The intensity level just seemed way off compared to the past few years. While both teams had a few ladies that had good games, I don’t know something just seemed off.

Now the JV boys and varsity boys games seemed to have some spark to them. The 4th quarter and OT of the boys game was I thought typical. Not sure how many Smoker had for they Heritage boys but he and Silvers had very good games. Hollifield had a good game for Mitchell. Thought Willis, Harris and Turbyfill also played well with out big numbers.

Go Mountaineers

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT