ADVERTISEMENT

1a Eastern Final Tarboro vs Rosewood

Talked to a few coaches after the game. They’re expecting this to get handled correctly. Hopefully everything works out for us.
Our quarterback did nothing wrong all he did was try to break the fight up. It was the Rosewood player that came up and started the whole thing. And also shame on the refs for throwing a flag for a player taking a knee and praying after a touchdown

Last edited:
Our quarterback did nothing wrong all he did was try to break the fight up. It was the Rosewood player that came up and started the whole thing. And also shame on the wrist for throwing a flag for a player taking a knee and praying after a touchdown
That crew was a joke. I know we fans fuss a lot about refs but they really were bad.

I didn’t think the refs were that bad. There were just too damn many of them. You don’t need 7 officials at a HS football game. I’ve seen worse but they really weren’t on the same page.

Reactions: CHEERDUCK
I didn’t think the refs were that bad. There were just too damn many of them. You don’t need 7 officials at a HS football game. I’ve seen worse but they really weren’t on the same page.
Idk man. Throwing a flag for a player taking a knee and praying is pretty low. Either way just a ugly situation. But on to Raleigh we go.

Idk man. Throwing a flag for a player taking a knee and praying is pretty low. Either way just an ugly situation. But on to Raleigh we go.
I couldn’t see that one. I know that’s what everyone says it was for, but prefer not make any judgments on what I didn’t actually see.

I don't think religious displays should occur during the game. The kneeling to pray may not seem like such a big deal to most, because most share in that particular religious belief. But what if a Muslim player started chanting something about Allah in celebration? Or what if a Buddhist sat down, legs crossed, to give thanks? A lot of people would probably complain. So, to keep everything uniform, all religious displays should be disallowed from the first second to the end of the last. However, seems like a warning would have been issued before a flag. Maybe they mentioned it before the game. If not, then a flag without a warning first was definitely petty.

Touchdown Friday confirmed it was our QB who got ejected. Tarboro will appeal. Got ejected for breaking up a fight smh
Who was on offense? What I'm asking is was he in the game, or did he come off the sideline? They would definitely try to use coming off the bench as an excuse to uphold, if that was the case. Haven't watched yet.

Who was on offense? What I'm asking is was he in the game, or did he come off the sideline? They would definitely try to use coming off the bench as an excuse to uphold, if that was the case. Haven't watched yet.
He was in the game because the altercation occurred right after we scored a rushing touchdown he was trying to separate the fight. The rosewood player started the fight he came up behind the Tarboro player and just started throwing punches for no reason. I'm just thankful it didn't get any worse than it did because you probably know how passionate Tarboro fans are about their players especially the family members of the players.

Reactions: Jmappfan5
He was in the game because the altercation occurred right after we scored a rushing touchdown he was trying to separate the fight. The rosewood player started the fight he came up behind the Tarboro player and just started throwing punches for no reason. I'm just thankful it didn't get any worse than it did because you probably know how passionate Tarboro fans are about their players especially the family members of the players.
I can think of a few that would have left the stands for a closer look.

I'm going to try and shift this conversation away from the fight. Something that had me rather concerned during the game was just how many times the play coming in on offense was misunderstood. There were about 6-7 times that the QB was heading to one side and his teammates were heading the other. The number of times he had to just tuck the ball and just fight forward due to a busted play was disappointing. He still managed to get 4-5 yards and stay on schedule in most cases, but obviously not every team will let you have that kind of time to operate back there. I wonder if they might shift to shuttling plays in rather than coaches calling them from the sideline? I doubt you will see that on Saturday, but as a coaching staff you don't want to have to spend time fixing your team because it affords you less time to focus on the opponent.

Reactions: curtiscummings1
I don't think religious displays should occur during the game. The kneeling to pray may not seem like such a big deal to most, because most share in that particular religious belief. But what if a Muslim player started chanting something about Allah in celebration? Or what if a Buddhist sat down, legs crossed, to give thanks? A lot of people would probably complain. So, to keep everything uniform, all religious displays should be disallowed from the first second to the end of the last. However, seems like a warning would have been issued before a flag. Maybe they mentioned it before the game. If not, then a flag without a warning first was definitely petty.
I think if someone feels like they want to pray for 10 or 15 seconds, then they should be able to as long as it is not interfering with the game being played regardless of what religious faith they have and they are not trying to persuade/convert others to do the same. If someone is an atheist, then they may not understand it. To try and take that freedom of expression away is not american. The right to be able to express their belief should be respected and not penalized or deterred.

Last edited:
I think if someone feels like they want to pray for 10 or 15 seconds, then they should be able to as long as it is not interfering with the game being played regardless of what religious faith they have and they are not trying to persuade/convert others to do the same. If someone is an atheist, then they may not understand it. To try and take that freedom of expression away is not american. The right to be able to express their belief should be respected and not penalized or deterred.
I don't disagree. Feel free to do whatever motivates you for a few harmless seconds. But you know how people are. SOMEONE would find a reason to complain or be butt hurt, so it's easier to just avoid it altogether. But honestly, the whole kneeling to pray IS a form of celebration, and you know the NCHSAA...no being happy while you're playing. Sportsmanship this. Sportsmanship that.

My only concern with the penalty on the player taking a knee to pray is that it had not been called all season. All of a sudden it is an issue. Just be consistent all year - allow it or don’t allow it - just be consistent.
Well according to the NCHSAA official rules on what is legal and illegal under unsportsmanlike conduct line #2....

LEGAL ACTS
• Cross the goal line and point to the sky
• Cross the goal line and pray for a short time
• Diving directly towards the pylon when pursued by defender
• High fives with teammates
• Jump and chest bumping with teammates
• Spontaneous celebration shared with teammates
• Celebration done in the team box area
• Cross the goal line and raise teammate in the air
• Raising the ball over the head when crossing the goal line

I don't disagree. Feel free to do whatever motivates you for a few harmless seconds. But you know how people are. SOMEONE would find a reason to complain or be butt hurt, so it's easier to just avoid it altogether. But honestly, the whole kneeling to pray IS a form of celebration, and you know the NCHSAA...no being happy while you're playing. Sportsmanship
Well according to the NCHSAA official rules on what is legal and illegal under unsportsmanlike conduct line #2....

LEGAL ACTS
Wow! 🥸

LEGAL ACTS
FjJJPCQWIAEn0L8.jpg

I just saw this in the WNCT highlight package. I leave this here without judgement.

LEGAL ACTS
Somebody in black and white made boo boo, then.

It is what it is we can't go back and change it unfortunately. Side note it was really cool sitting with a large contingent of edenton fans at the game Friday night they were all really disappointed they couldn't come down to our conference in 1A. Got turned down for hobgood smh🙄

LEGAL ACTS
I wanted to thank you for taking the time to provide the information Old Mountaineer 😉.

I wanted to thank you for taking the time to provide the information Old Mountaineer 😉.
No problem I got curious what is defined as unsportsmanlike. We got into a discussion about if a QB does the superman act if that was a unsportsmanlike then this came up so I figured there have to be somewhere online that gave it.
Under the part that I copied and pasted was what acts are definitely illegal as a guideline but some acts are just a judgement call that's not listed (* the quote below is at the top of the paper) which is what the superman act comes under so some will call it and others not but I didn't think about there being a list of what is not illegal.

* "Beyond brief and spontaneous displays of energy, officials must flag acts that are clearly
prolonged, self-congratulatory self-glorifying excessive, demeaning, and taunting to opponents, and/or that make a mockery of the game.
The following list is intended to assist officials with making their decision regarding the legality or illegality of player actions. It is not possible to comprehensively be exact in writing what should and should not be called/allowed. Remember, the key is judgment and that’s what good officials have."

Reactions: curtiscummings1
It is a waste and confuses all of the officials on the defensive side of the ball. I've seen the 2 extra officials cause the other officials not make a call thinking the extra officials would and vice versa.

Reactions: boatdude
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT