ADVERTISEMENT

1a Eastern Final Tarboro vs Rosewood

To make this somewhat interesting… Rosewood beat Tarboro on JV during the COVID season when these seniors were sophomores.

However, I could see this game being a running clock.

I hate y'all lost tonight man. Maybe next year y'all can get to states.
Maybe…
Depends on the teenagers and as you may have noticed their health…
Honestly not sure any team has anything for y’all but would have been interesting to see what a healthy ER could do. Mt Airy does have some players though. (and a buzz 😂)..
Oh well good luck sirs…

Maybe…
Depends on the teenagers and as you may have noticed their health…
Honestly not sure any team has anything for y’all but would have been interesting to see what a healthy ER could do. Mt Airy does have some players though. (and a buzz 😂)..
Oh well good luck sirs…
We shall see. Tarboro's focus goes to Rosewood for now. And a buzz 🤣 I think the bears win that one Imo.

Reactions: thekidd12
I was at the Rosewood/NM game, and again watched the clock fly. Both were run only offenses and the first half was over in 36 minutes. Neither team is within 21 points of Tarboro. I don't see Rosewood scoring 14 on Tarboro either. Sorry, but truth be told, if both teams play their best. It's Tarboro 40+ to Roseboro's 14.

A little back story. Back during spring ball(COVID year) Tarboro’s JV had to play Rosewoods’s JV. Tarboro only had about 14 players due to a couple of players being hurt and a few sick. The coaches were going to cancel the game but Rosewood said that they only had about 18 players available also to play so both coaches agreed to go ahead & play the game. Fast forward to the day of the game Rosewood comes out w/ about 30 players & some of them was playing on Varsity also🤣. They tried to pulled a quick one on Tarboro. The game was tied up 12-12 in the fourth and a little drama happened where a bad call was made that helped Rosewood. Coach Craddock & Coach Babb were kicked out of the game. Rosewood won the game 20-12. The coaches haven’t forgotten that and some of the players now that’s on this team definitely haven’t. W/ that said….TARBORO BY 3 TDs OR BETTER!

A little back story. Back during spring ball(COVID year) Tarboro’s JV had to play Rosewoods’s JV. Tarboro only had about 14 players due to a couple of players being hurt and a few sick. The coaches were going to cancel the game but Rosewood said that they only had about 18 players available also to play so both coaches agreed to go ahead & play the game. Fast forward to the day of the game Rosewood comes out w/ about 30 players & some of them was playing on Varsity also🤣. They tried to pulled a quick one on Tarboro. The game was tied up 12-12 in the fourth and a little drama happened where a bad call was made that helped Rosewood. Coach Craddock & Coach Babb were kicked out of the game. Rosewood won the game 20-12. The coaches haven’t forgotten that and some of the players now that’s on this team definitely haven’t. W/ that said….TARBORO BY 3 TDs OR BETTER!
I remember hearing something about them moving players down from varsity but I didn’t know all the details.

It’ll be a running clock in Tarboro next Friday night.

Rosewood is solid. They play very physical. I don’t think they have the athletes to hang with Tarboro. Wouldn’t surprise me to see the Vikings take a few kickoffs or punts to the house.

If we play a clean game like last night, I think we win big. Still can’t go out and try and sleep walk through this game. I don’t think that’ll happen , especially with how everything went down during the spring Covid season

If we play a clean game like last night, I think we win big. Still can’t go out and try and sleep walk through this game. I don’t think that’ll happen , especially with how everything went down during the spring Covid season
That was not a clean game by Tarboro. Yes the Vikings won the turnover battle, but the penalties have got to go. There were too many false starts and holding penalties, but particularly worrying were the unsportsmanlike conduct penalties. Most of the penalties came at very bad times either stalling our drives or letting the Jaguars out of the hole offensively.

Reactions: t-townvikings
That was not a clean game by Tarboro. Yes the Vikings won the turnover battle, but the penalties have got to go. There were too many false starts and holding penalties, but particularly worrying were the unsportsmanlike conduct penalties. Most of the penalties came at very bad times either stalling our drives or letting the Jaguars out of the hole offensively.
Sorry, was referring to the turn overs.

Reactions: HowerinJr
If you remember last year's game there was a lot of chippiness in that game as well. I was kind of expecting a little of the same this time around. I did see more sportsmanship shown overall than last year. I liked the play calling last night on offense once we realized we couldn't run up the middle

If you remember last year's game there was a lot of chippiness in that game as well. I was kind of expecting a little of the same this time around. I did see more sportsmanship shown overall than last year. I liked the play calling last night on offense once we realized we couldn't run up the middle
You are up 38-8 and the opponent is facing 4th and 12 and suddenly a flag flies in for unsportsmanlike conduct. At least Northampton didn’t take any joy from it. Some of those Riverside guys a few years back would have blown an ACL Bill Gramática-style celebrating a penalty like that.

We will see. Tarboro is for sure the favorite, but Rosewood will keep battling.
Antique are you a rosewood fan? How did they lose to Northside Pinetown? That’s the one head scratcher on their schedule to me. Did they have injuries that game?

I pulled up the JV game from the COVID year on the NFHS network and I saw atleast 7 or 8 guys with the varsity logo on their helmet for Rosewood. The rest just had plain purple helmets. I hope they enjoyed that win.

I pulled up the JV game from the COVID year on the NFHS network and I saw atleast 7 or 8 guys with the varsity logo on their helmet for Rosewood. The rest just has plain purple helmets. I hope they enjoyed that win.
Wow. That’s wild.
Again, gives our guys a reason to really get up

Reactions: TarVikes
I pulled up the JV game from the COVID year on the NFHS network and I saw atleast 7 or 8 guys with the varsity logo on their helmet for Rosewood. The rest just had plain purple helmets. I hope they enjoyed that win.
Lol I told u. And the game was still close until Rosewood won on a double pass lol. Tarboro will come out w/ the intensity high to set the tone! Just watch!

TarVikes this is for you…

That their MaxPreps poll thingy apparently has Tarboro currently ranked 5th!!!
Draughn, Mt Airy, Andrews? ER then y’all…
Discuss 🍿🍿🍿

TarVikes this is for you…

That their MaxPreps poll thingy apparently has Tarboro currently ranked 5th!!!
Draughn, Mt Airy, Andrews? ER then y’all…
Discuss 🍿🍿🍿
I made a comment about it on the other thread but deleted it. Didn’t feel like debating with that crowd. Time will tell. Those computer rankings have Tarboro underrated every year. I think it’s because we don’t run the score up like a couple of teams ahead of us 🤷🏻‍♂️🤷🏻‍♂️

I made a comment about it on the other thread but deleted it. Didn’t feel like debating with that crowd. Time will tell. Those computer rankings have Tarboro underrated every year. I think it’s because we don’t run the score up like a couple of teams ahead of us 🤷🏻‍♂️🤷🏻‍♂️
ER always running up scores too…
See if I said what you did over on one of those west threads…
Lawd have mercy…😂

Reactions: sbbbfan
Those score differentials do make a difference . Folks don’t even realize that we could make scores look worse than what they actually are. We do a great job getting younger guys game experience
Facts. If Tarboro really wanted to they could score a lot more than they actually do. But once we get that clock going Tarboro shows class and takes their foot off the gas completely. Also congratulations my friend 😀

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT