ADVERTISEMENT

1a Eastern Final Tarboro vs Rosewood

If anything I wish we could just get in the conference with Southwest and let that be a 1A/2A split.

People make posts about the Tarboro fans not being loud at the games - but it’s hard to be enthusiastic when the team you’re playing has no shot to win.
I'd be all for that. Surprised tarboro didn't petition to move to that conference. That conference did seem a little down this year with the exception of Greene Central and West craven

With Rosewood Purple and Gold just like Tarboro. I hope Tarboro brings out the all gold for tomorrow night. Does anyone know what Tarboro will wear?

Listening to the guys from the Charlotte observer Talking Preps show - they were high on Rosewood. One guy said he can’t see it being more than a 2 score game.

They were referencing Rosewoods defense not allowing more than 14 points since September 23rd.

Listening to the guys from the Charlotte observer Talking Preps show - they were high on Rosewood. One guy said he can’t see it being more than a 2 score game.

They were referencing Rosewoods defense not allowing more than 14 points since September 23rd.
Haha, he must not have looked at their schedule. Hadn’t really played anyone since then

Unless they’re saving that for Carter Finley next weekend! Don’t matter what color they wear tomorrow night, Rosewood better bring every uniform they got, it’s gonna be a long night for them.
I thought about they and you’re right. They very well could be saving those

High school ot guys said Tarboro doesn't look right this season. Instead of winning games by 50 or 60 points, they winning by 25😭. That's such a bad thing apparently

Where did they say that at?
They made their regional finals predictions in a video on high school ot. The title of the video is round table previewing the football regional finals. They did pick Tarboro to win but I just found that little tidbit kind of funny and interesting it's at the very end of the video

Reactions: TarVikes
Hobgood? Are you serious?? I thought they play 8 man??? Why would they throw them to the wolves like that? I'll pull for my cross county rival Tarboro, but I swear, ever since the move to 1A, their conference schedules have been absolutely featherweights, and now it gets even easier. Oh, how I wish we were 1A. There are no top tier eastern teams other than Tarboro and Riverside. Maybe Northampton.

Hobgood? Are you serious?? I thought they play 8 man??? Why would they throw them to the wolves like that? I'll pull for my cross county rival Tarboro, but I swear, ever since the move to 1A, their conference schedules have been absolutely featherweights, and now it gets even easier. Oh, how I wish we were 1A. There are no top tier eastern teams other than Tarboro and Riverside. Maybe Northampton.
They decided to go to 11 man football for next year and unfortunately they decided to put them in our conference. And unfortunately this means we're going to have to lose a non-conference opponent my gut feeling is it's going to be hertford county. When it should be North edgecombe but we refuse to drop them for whatever reason even though the game is always a running clock. It's hard for people in Tarboro to get excited about our conference games when you know these teams that we play in our conference really don't stand a chance at winning. Although Riverside is a team I think to keep an eye on going forward knowing who the offensive coordinator is over there. As for y'all being 1a, I don't see that happening but imagine the hype those games would get in the playoffs especially. It more than likely would come down to us every year in the regional finals.

They decided to go to 11 man football for next year and unfortunately they decided to put them in our conference. And unfortunately this means we're going to have to lose a non-conference opponent my gut feeling is it's going to be hertford county. When it should be North edgecombe but we refuse to drop them for whatever reason even though the game is always a running clock. It's hard for people in Tarboro to get excited about our conference games when you know these teams that we play in our conference really don't stand a chance at winning. Although Riverside is a team I think to keep an eye on going forward knowing who the offensive coordinator is over there. As for y'all being 1a, I don't see that happening but imagine the hype those games would get in the playoffs especially. It more than likely would come down to us every year in the regional finals.
Just wishful thinking. I know we're nowhere near 1A. But I believe you're right...we'd be an instant top tier team in the east. Can you imagine the atmosphere of a winner to the state championship brawl between Tarboro and SWE? That would be crazy.

Just wishful thinking. I know we're nowhere near 1A. But I believe you're right...we'd be an instant top tier team in the east. Can you imagine the atmosphere of a winner to the state championship brawl between Tarboro and SWE? That would be crazy.
Just shut down edgecombe county if It ever happened lol. It would easily top the crowd the 2009 game had. But yeah I think if y'all were ever to somehow come down to 1A y'all would be a big contender in the east. As for the east teams you mentioned, I think last season and this season was the best opportunity Northampton had at beating us imo. Pender really surprised me this year I expected them to be a major contender this season.

Last edited:
We would have been an underdog to Mt Airy or ER all year. I don’t know what to make of Simmons, particularly as it relates to Tarboro. The Vikings rated higher on that scale when there was an additional non-conference game on the schedule each year. There was usually another 3A school like Northern Nash or Southern Nash on the schedule each year. It allows for another game that can truly quantify how strong Tarboro is. The only game this season that gives a decent benchmark is the Hertford County game. There are very few teams that will put up 50+ points against a Tarboro defense regardless of classification. Simmons had Hertford and Rocky Mount rated roughly the same. We whipped one and lost the other in a shootout.

We all know the coaches choose not to. The starters are out and the play calling is very conservative. No need to run up the score and embarrass the competition
Absolutely! We could’ve won by 40 last week. Offense was close to scoring last week but the coaches let the reserves get some snaps. Then their last score would’ve never happened if not for the reserves being in.

With that said, I love that the coaches do that. It gives the young guys, big time game experience

Idk they wore black at the spring title game last year. Should we get there I'm thinking maybe all gold.
I like the purple and gold combos and solids not so much the black. It’s not a team color and I don’t see it being very intimidating as some think. It’s a fade thru out high school and college to deviate from your school colors

Absolutely! We could’ve won by 40 last week. Offense was close to scoring last week but the coaches let the reserves get some snaps. Then their last score would’ve never happened if not for the reserves being in.

With that said, I love that the coaches do that. It gives the young guys, big time game experience
We really could have if we wanted to. I love that the coaches let the reserves in and let them get some reps. Highschool ot people just ain't use to seeing that I guess lol

If Tarboro comes out clicking on all cylinders, they'll be up by 30 at the half. That's even if Rosewood is on their A game. There's just no comparison. Not belittling RHS, but Tarboro comes onto the field with a 21 point advantage mentally. It takes a program, not a team, to erase that mental deficit. I was in the Rosewood crowd last week at N. Moore. The fans were even acknowledging that fact. Theist interesting statement made by some fans was that NM would fare better against a Tarboro-like program, simply because Tarboro wouldn't get as many possessions in the game. I agreed, but said the score would still be a 28-0 Tarboro victory. RHS will try ball control (they couldn't pass a lick last week). But ball control can't come back when down 21-0. Hope it's a good game free of injuries. I'll be visiting Mayberry Union High to see what the silent killer Draughn has. All take care tonight and cheer loud!

If Tarboro comes out clicking on all cylinders, they'll be up by 30 at the half. That's even if Rosewood is on their A game. There's just no comparison. Not belittling RHS, but Tarboro comes onto the field with a 21 point advantage mentally. It takes a program, not a team, to erase that mental deficit. I was in the Rosewood crowd last week at N. Moore. The fans were even acknowledging that fact. Theist interesting statement made by some fans was that NM would fare better against a Tarboro-like program, simply because Tarboro wouldn't get as many possessions in the game. I agreed, but said the score would still be a 28-0 Tarboro victory. RHS will try ball control (they couldn't pass a lick last week). But ball control can't come back when down 21-0. Hope it's a good game free of injuries. I'll be visiting Mayberry Union High to see what the silent killer Draughn has. All take care tonight and cheer loud!
We welcome you to our humble little town. Enjoy the game. Think it will be a nice one

We really could have if we wanted to. I love that the coaches let the reserves in and let them get some reps. Highschool ot people just ain't use to seeing that I guess lol
It’s a different Tarboro as well. I remember certain years even when the Vikings were up 42+, Craddock would send the 1st string defense back on the field to preserve shutouts. You don’t see that much anymore.

Enjoy that game. How about your opinion on it after the game since you are a unbiased observer

Sure…
You’ll ride all the way to Mount Pilot but wouldn’t go twenty minutes north last week to watch your neighbors???
What could you have possibly been doing??

Enjoy that game. How about your opinion on it after the game since you are a unbiased observer
I'll do that. I've had the pleasure to watch 30 different teams this year from 1A to 4A. The traditions, styles, and atmospheres were all different. However, I've still never been to Tarboro. Saw y'all a few times, but never at your home.

Reactions: thekidd12
Rosewood coaching staff is smart. They have a very disciplined team. Running lots of clock on offense, shortening the game.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT