ADVERTISEMENT

Baseball 1A Baseball

i know this is a 1A forum but

North Lincoln (3A) will be a strong contender once again to be a state champion again. I like their depth and They will always be a tough outing for anyone in the state.

Mt Airy, Elkin , East Surry in that area is pretty competitive across the board.

Mooresville (4A): In a new competitive conference with a pretty solid non conference, Mooresville will take some bump with a tough non conference but It will help them in the long run biggest key is WHO will step up with a young roster and a lot of new faces

LN (4A) : LN I haven't heard much about them in recent years but they are always talented but They haven't been able to put it together late in the season and playoff so can they get over the hump?

Alexander Central (4A): Very strong once again. They always have solid pitching and they have a very well coach team all the time. they will be in the mix once again

Reactions: WASSUP54
Also not 1A but.....

.......the Metro 4A is freakin' BRUTAL. You got Northern Guilford, NW Guilford, Ragsdale, SE Guilford, SW Guilford......all in the same conference. That's playoff baseball most every night.

Reactions: BlueDevil1996
Anytime, anywhere. Get it going. ER has difficult schedule both in and out of conference. Should help them if they make playoffs.
Will the charter school in Asheboro be loaded again? I have heard that North Moore is absolutely stacked?

Reactions: thekidd12
Will the charter school in Asheboro be loaded again? I have heard that North Moore is absolutely stacked?
I bet they will still be good but with all the drama n all they had who knows if they will be as good only time could tell

Reactions: thekidd12
Cherryville should have a good year. They have almost all their key players back this year (most of who were sophomores last year). Nine of them were on the Cherryville American Legion Junior team that won the state championship last summer and four more of them were on the Cherryville American Legion Senior team last season.

CPC is seems to be top heavy with West Forsyth, Reagan and East Forsyth cracking IMPACT Baseball's top 10 pre-season poll. CPC has been much like the Metro for the past 4 years. Anyone can win on any given night
I agree. Mooresville scrimmages East Forsyth so Always a good start to the season n all

Reactions: Eagles/Trojans13
Also not 1A but East Davidson has Keaton Hawks as their varsity coach. East has some returning starters from last years team. I think the Eagles will have a fairly decent team. The tough non-conference schedule will without a doubt have them ready when the conference part of it starts.

Reactions: BlueDevil1996
I’m right behind the plate…. Had to see Lincoln Charter.
This ought to be good!😜

Lincoln Charter 5 Maiden 1

Charters’ #3 Smith pitched 5 innings.
10 K’s with 1 BB…yep…he is pretty good!

Their clean up batter…whew!…he is a problem. 😉

Ain’t nothing like opening week baseball….it was plum cold last night!

Last edited:
Someone paid a lot of money for that video and tryout for a 13 year old. Going to be several more years before he starts getting looks from serious coaches. If you are the Dad, start reading what college coaches are looking for and anyone worth his salt will tell you attitude, hustle and most importantly Grades. Don’t let some yahoo coach, be it school or rec ball throw his arm away.

Good luck to him!

Reactions: Maiden Creek
Someone paid a lot of money for that video and tryout for a 13 year old. Going to be several more years before he starts getting looks from serious coaches. If you are the Dad, start reading what college coaches are looking for and anyone worth his salt will tell you attitude, hustle and most importantly Grades. Don’t let some yahoo coach, be it school or rec ball throw his arm away.

Good luck to him!
Straight A Student
Humble kid
Already has serious coaches observing
Christian Family
Attends camps
Competes in Travel and school ball
Trains hard and travels often
These videos have no affiliation with his family

The Cherryville Ironmen come to Maiden tonight at 7 pm. Cherryville has lost a couple but I see they’re still ranked 2nd in 1a west by Max Preps.

It’s a family reunion of sorts….my eldest and her family (my grandson) will be there supporting the Ironmen as usual. I’ll be supporting the blue devils of course!😜

I did see where East Lincoln thrashed Cherryville earlier by a score of 18-5. Wow! East Lincoln must be pretty good. East Lincoln and North Lincoln are ranked in the top 25 overall. I also saw another school in Lincoln county that’s ranked…the Combine Academy Goats! 😂 Go figure?

What’s going on with baseball in Lincoln county?

Welp!…as usual….Cherryville 12 Maiden 1 in 5 innings. Enjoyed the evening though.

Welp!…as usual….Cherryville 12 Maiden 1 in 5 innings. Enjoyed the evening though.
Early on, it looks like this conference will be either Cherryville or Burns coming out on top. I'm not sold on East Gaston yet, but could be wrong. Burns has some good wins under their belt early on (Crest and Kings Mountain) and our undefeated. Big week next week as these 2 go head to head.

Early on, it looks like this conference will be either Cherryville or Burns coming out on top. I'm not sold on East Gaston yet, but could be wrong. Burns has some good wins under their belt early on (Crest and Kings Mountain) and our undefeated. Big week next week as these 2 go head to head.
Burns is my pick

Finally got around to seeing my former team a few hours ago.....

The Wildcats didn't disappoint. They beat Rockingham County 14-5. Great, great performance from ER. They hit the ball really, really well. The third baseman went yard in the fourth inning. Lucas Smith pitched a nice game. He's a good ballplayer. Brody Gardner had a great catch in center field as well.

The Wildcats went 3-0 this week. They are hitting their stride at the right time. Could be interesting come playoffs.......

I will say they need to give Stratton Barwick a bigger bat. That thing looks like a toothpick in his hands.

Finally got around to seeing my former team a few hours ago.....

The Wildcats didn't disappoint. They beat Rockingham County 14-5. Great, great performance from ER. They hit the ball really, really well. The third baseman went yard in the fourth inning. Lucas Smith pitched a nice game. He's a good ballplayer. Brody Gardner had a great catch in center field as well.

The Wildcats went 3-0 this week. They are hitting their stride at the right time. Could be interesting come playoffs.......

I will say they need to give Stratton Barwick a bigger bat. That thing looks like a toothpick in his hands.
Almost any bat in Stratton’s hands would look like a toothpick 😂

Mooresville is currently sitting at 10-8 (7-3) - Last Game: 4-2 over AL brown; Next Game: Tournament at East Burke

Lake Norman: 12-4 (10-0); Last Game - 4-1 over South Iredell; Next Game: Tournament at Porter Ridge

South Iredell: 6-12 (3-7): Last Game: Loss to LN 4-1 ;

North Iredell: 5-9 (1-8): Last Game: Win over Hickory 4-0;

West Iredell: 2-12 (1-8): Last Game: 17-1 Loss to East Lincoln :

Statesville: 0-13 (0-9): Last game: 13-1 loss to Foard;

Pine Lake Prep: 11-5 (6-2): Last Game: 7-6 loss to Langtree;

Langtree: 8-10 (2-6): Last Game:7-6 win over PLP

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT