REGIONALS | May 24-28
These 2 teams will play 2 out of 3 series to advance to NCHSAA State Finals
Start at higher seeds

1A West ROUND 5
#5 Union Academy vs #3 Cherryville

1A East ROUND 5
#1 Perquimans vs #3 Bear Grass Charter

Last edited:
Great atmosphere at Cherryville last night….they love their baseball team over there and it shows. Big crowd to start the game and they just kept coming….it was packed at the end!😂 Have mercy! I was ready for bed…and the party was just getting started. I think I was the only one that left when it was over😂…well…other than Uwharrie.
The hot dogs were fantastic! I mean…like money! Good!

Uwharrie jumped up 2-0 right outta gate…I thought…uh oh!….but noooo…. Cherryville lead off man took the very first pitch over the fence to set the tone….and the Ironmen put 4 runs on the board. It was back and forth after that.

The critical inning was the 5th…Cherryville changed pitchers while clinging to a one run lead…Uwharrie lead off with two singles ripped right up the middle and it appeared that the rally was on. Boy! Was I wrong! That pitcher made a heck of a pick off move and gunned the runner at 2nd base…..and then he did it again….picking off the runner at 1st! Have mercy!

Cherryville added 3 runs in the bottom of the 5th to take control the game after that.

I had a ball!😉…congrats to Cherryville on a fine win over a tough Uwharrie Charter.

Cherryville will have their hands full with Union Academy….that should be an excellent series!….go! Ironmen!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT