ADVERTISEMENT

#1 Hendersonville vs #4 Shelby(Updated: Ticket Info)

how many football players for hendo were on the basketball team playing for a state championship on 3/6/2021 when they lost to mountain heritage on 3/5/2021?
May be different this time

Reactions: DixieTN
We got something to say about that....where Mitchell going????
Bearcat fan here. I'd never seen Shelby play before and was impressed by your team, both for their skills and their sportsmanship. You certainly travel well. Nice to see the visitors bleachers full.

Does anyone have the game stats? I'd like to know the penalty numbers. Seems like almost every play in the first half was flagged. Also the number of passes thrown must rival NFL game numbers.

Good luck to Shelby this fall. Class program
Go Bearcats!

how many football players for hendo were on the basketball team playing for a state championship on 3/6/2021 when they lost to mountain heritage on 3/5/2021?
Heritage best wr and corner didn't play against hendo. Will those basketball players help hendo on the line lol

Add me to a huge helping of crow on this one. Most of the posters on this board were probably not yet born the last time Shelby lost a playoff game when they were favored to win. Major shout out and hats off to the Hendersonville Bearcats. This is a game their fans can remember for their lifetimes.
It wasn't like Hendersonville backed into it; I watched that game because I knew the Rams game would go about like it did, ; but Hendersonville controlled the game and in my opinion were the better team tonight. Believe it or not sometime winning streaks end particularly when you play really good teams. No one can fault Shelby's schedule..

Reactions: dogs79
Bearcat fan here. I'd never seen Shelby play before and was impressed by your team, both for their skills and their sportsmanship. You certainly travel well. Nice to see the visitors bleachers full.

Does anyone have the game stats? I'd like to know the penalty numbers. Seems like almost every play in the first half was flagged. Also the number of passes thrown must rival NFL game numbers.

Good luck to Shelby this fall. Class program
Go Bearcats!
Good luck to The Bearcats. Hope you win the State. Great team and sportsmanship. Great classy act by your quarterback who came over talking to the Shelby players after the game. He was the best quarterback I have seen all year.

Reactions: FBCapitolofNC
Uh oh. Natives beginning to call for the coaches head.
Not calling for his head but to use his head. This 3-4 hasn't stopped anyone all year. Last half of 2nd quarter we were playing a 4-3 and dominating their offense. Come back out in the 2nd half and run a 3-4 the whole time and couldn't stop them. Anyone could see this defense doesn't work for Shelby. We have been gashed by everyone except East Gaston running this defense. Doesn't take a genius to figure out when something isn't working.

I hate that. I was hoping for a reidsville shelby final. I wanted WRH, NE, Then Shelby. Would've been awesome competitive games with great traditions
This sucks, Now Northeastern won't get to play Shelby.😃 Hendersonville has ruined it for everyone 😂

Illumunati I never talked about us having some kind of overwhelming speed. I think you have me mistaken. I remember saying our defense as a whole flew around to the ball but nothing about any amount of speed. Like you were wrong about that, you were wrong about this game. You need to get some better material. Hendo usually has speed. I knew speed wasn’t gonna bother them. Physicality and size sometimes but not speed. You my friend are the one showing your ignorance

Reactions: Player2020
Not calling for his head but to use his head. This 3-4 hasn't stopped anyone all year. Last half of 2nd quarter we were playing a 4-3 and dominating their offense. Come back out in the 2nd half and run a 3-4 the whole time and couldn't stop them. Anyone could see this defense doesn't work for Shelby. We have been gashed by everyone except East Gaston running this defense. Doesn't take a genius to figure out when something isn't working.
Imo it’s hard to run a 3-4 at the high school level because of the distinct personnel you must have. Especially at the 2A level down where numbers to choose from are lower. 40-fronts are easier to find DL for imo

That is a great point! My guess is a few.

That is a great point! My guess is a few.
You guys keep talking about couple basketball players that were out, their big guns played the qb and rb. The reason hendo lost is because they got beat up front, sure those basketball players aren't linemen

Have watched Shelby for years. There is definitely something in the D scheme that is not working as they have the bodies to be very good.

Reactions: notanyonesfan
I'd say give'em at least 7 for home field advantage and it would behoove any team to not sleep on them, they are legit.
Like I tell the wife, I'm not always right, but I'm hardly ever wrong....
Kinda seen this coming. Good win Bearcats represented the Mountain Six well last night.

Reactions: Pisgah Bears
Hendersonville hasn’t beat heritage since invention of sliced bread. Cougars have owned them in the playoffs and beat them handily already. The cougars are the best mtn team ever

My point stands. Congrats on the win. But Hendo doesn’t have shelby level athletes but thanks for playing. That is irrefutable.
Not a Hendo homie here so I'll pass them congrats onto the Bearcats fans. Was at the game and I will confess told my son last night Shelby has athletes all over the field but Hendersonville would not allow Shelby to execute their game plan. That disruptive strategy and the athletic ability of Hendersonville is what won the game.

I actually agree. But maybe we can word that differently. Obviously Hendo has a fine team, I don’t think they beat a bad Shelby team either
The quarterback for Hendersonville won this game. He was under pressure all night and took a few hard hits. When they needed a big play he found a way to come through. Was a good game but for a missed field goal outcome could have been different. Good luck to Hendersonville the rest of the way. Your quarterback is a winner.

Huitt for Shelby was 33-55 440 yards 4 tds and 1 int

AND

we ran the ball 14 times for minus 37 yards lol

well we broke a record for most pass attempts and probably most completions in a game in Shelby history and I think that is top five all time in single game yardage in our history too !!!

AND WE LOST

YAY!!! HA HA

it happens wasn’t our year and that’s ok ... Hendersonville had a fine team.. should be a good one with them and that bunch at heritage!
sat with the heritage crowd at Newton several years ago and they know how to have fun! Never forget the milk cartons with rocks and stuff for noise makers ha ha ha

Reactions: Shelby74
Huitt for Shelby was 33-55 440 yards 4 tds and 1 int

AND

we ran the ball 14 times for minus 37 yards lol

well we broke a record for most pass attempts and probably most completions in a game in Shelby history and I think that is top five all time in single game yardage in our history too !!!

AND WE LOST

YAY!!! HA HA

it happens wasn’t our year and that’s ok ... Hendersonville had a fine team.. should be a good one with them and that bunch at heritage!
sat with the heritage crowd at Newton several years ago and they know how to have fun! Never forget the milk cartons with rocks and stuff for noise makers ha ha ha
Still had a chance to win and probably should have but Hendersonville deserved to win so good luck to them next week. Will be pulling for them to represent the West.

Both the last two comments are very correct and we got out coached badly. Hendersonville is a very good team and that QB is the best we have played in a long while. There is no excuse as to why we have not been able to run the ball since the Chase game.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT