ADVERTISEMENT

#1 Hendersonville vs #4 Shelby(Updated: Ticket Info)

gldlion2004

Feb 23, 2021
Shelby made a much-needed change to the defensive scheme this past week. A few of our star players are a little banged up but that's normal during the playoffs. I expect a motivated bunch of guys this week, with something to prove.

Shelby 35, Hendersonville 7

Idk, talking to Coach Wilbanks, he says Hendersonville has a stud RB.,and there pretty sound.
I liked what I saw last night all but the running game, maybe that was due to a very good front7 of Walkertown.
I loved seeing young guys excel, and the team hyped over it.
I say be a closer game, i could be wrong.
I'm thinking 28- 14 Shelby

Reactions: UNC91
Coach said he called at 12 last night said he was good, and he was ready to play fri.
Coach say it be day to day, they want push it.
Don't want to hurt him any worse. But it's just a sprain

Can't wait to watch this game!!! It won't be 35-7. Too many weapons and a great defense. Coaches are always prepared and seem to coach with the flow of the game. Friday can't get here fast enough. Might make the drive back home to check it out.

Sorry Hendorsonville will be at home, and they will stay at home after they lose. Shelby may get another home game come semis

From Hendersonville Coach Solesbee:

There is construction happening on the new school so we won't have as many gates open as we normally do... That will push parking further out into downtown...Gates open at 6:00... Early is better, had people at gates buying tickets Friday into the 1st qrt.

Reactions: notanyonesfan
Some people have to work, and it's good hr drive there, hope start time is 7.30 Max preps has ot at 7.00 coach Wilbanks says he is to work that out tomorrow.

I heard that Hendo’s QB had a hurt ankle if so that’s a huge loss for the bearcats. He’s a great QB

I heard that Hendo’s QB had a hurt ankle if so that’s a huge loss for the bearcats. He’s a great QB
We also have issues with injury, 2 very important pcs. I want name them. And few more banged up, guess it's next man up

At practice today, seemed to have a good day, look for alot of young kids to be involved this week, ones that did good last week, we do have injurys...want say with who all....But it's next man up,, one is very hopeful for fri.

Reactions: shslion
Two teams that have only met 3 times ever (1930, 1931, and 1984). Should be a very good game. Hendersonville QB (Gosnell) has put up big numbers passing and even rushed for over 200 yards last Friday. Top RB has well over 1,000 yards in a severely shortened season.

Pretty good year for Hendersonville men's athletics - the basketball team made it to the state championship game against Farmville Central and football gets the #1 seed in the 2A West.

A lot depends on the health of both teams. Will Hendersonville have a big home advantage? Have never seen a game there to know.

Turnovers could be the difference.

Reactions: Bulldog_012
Two teams that have only met 3 times ever (1930, 1931, and 1984). Should be a very good game. Hendersonville QB (Gosnell) has put up big numbers passing and even rushed for over 200 yards last Friday. Top RB has well over 1,000 yards in a severely shortened season.

Pretty good year for Hendersonville men's athletics - the basketball team made it to the state championship game against Farmville Central and football gets the #1 seed in the 2A West.

A lot depends on the health of both teams. Will Hendersonville have a big home advantage? Have never seen a game there to know.

Turnovers could be the difference.
Regular season they don't have a lot of fans.Might have more for the playoffs.Stadium is in middle of town could be hard to find a parking place.

Regular season they don't have a lot of fans.Might have more for the playoffs.Stadium is in middle of town could be hard to find a parking place.
We always pack it out. Not everyone sits in the stands...we have a lot of room in stadium to where everyone doesn't have to sit on top of eachother on the home side bleachers. It's been like that since I could remember. The track is always full of ppl and at the gate in the south end zone.

We always pack it out. Not everyone sits in the stands...we have a lot of room in stadium to where everyone doesn't have to sit on top of eachother on the home side bleachers. It's been like that since I could remember. The track is always full of ppl and at the gate in the south end zone.
Last time I went to a Hendersonville game there were people sitting on top of the high school and a guy from the fire department was watching from way up in the air in a bucket truck behind the visiting stands. It was wild.

Watched Hendersonville against Franklin on Youtube and Hendersonville's QB will be the best we've seen this year. Looks like this kid really moves well and can throw very well on the run. For some reason his receivers kept dropping balls, could have rain just before the game I don't know. They do have good size especially on the right side of the O line, though the left tackle looks better to me. I think it will be hard to run on them with or without Big O. However I don't know if they have faced a passing game like ours. Think it will be close and like most games will come down to turnovers, penalties, and injuries. How bad is the road construction around the school, is it going to take forever to get in there?

Hendersonville Qb I heard had tore ACL, and back up will play, which I heard was good too.

Just got word that he has a deep bone bruise, and not sure he will play, can any Hendo people confrim

Watched Hendersonville against Franklin on Youtube and Hendersonville's QB will be the best we've seen this year. Looks like this kid really moves well and can throw very well on the run. For some reason his receivers kept dropping balls, could have rain just before the game I don't know. They do have good size especially on the right side of the O line, though the left tackle looks better to me. I think it will be hard to run on them with or without Big O. However I don't know if they have faced a passing game like ours. Think it will be close and like most games will come down to turnovers, penalties, and injuries. How bad is the road construction around the school, is it going to take forever to get in there?
One of the best games in 2A this year. It was right after BB season (Hendersonville played in the state title game) and they might have been without some players. Franklin exposed them deep a couple times on one route. I'm assuming this has been cleaned up but the opportunity for Shelby to throw is there. The Bearcats usually have the most skill in our conference. Not a knock but for some reason they don't handle adversity well. My guess would be Shelby buy 14 at least.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT