ADVERTISEMENT

#1 EAST DUPLIN (15-0) VS #2 HIBRITEN (15-0) STATE CHAMPIONSHIP THREAD

We see it every football game. Pop Warner to NFL, calls that should be made that don't get called. I'm like a lot of others. The main thing is consistency with calls.

I am talking about rbs being tackled low. Blocking in the line is alittle different than tackling a back that is running down field low enough to take his legs out from under him. I think the officials do what can. If they miss a call it could be that are out of position to see what happened. The next time they may be right own time.

The example given above is cause for a flag, defender can't take out blocker below waist. A running back is legal. Don't know!

My issue was that the blocker, not a lineman, not on the line of scrimmage, was not engaged with another player, he was hit in the thighs. Still, not a game changer. It is the inconsistency with which these calls are made. These calls are often made one way and not against the opposing team. If things are called consistently, or let the guys play, consistently, it is really hard to complain. The lack of consistency is what generates ill will and anger with most folks. I think we all know that penalty free football is our goal, but very rarely achieved.

My issue was that the blocker, not a lineman, not on the line of scrimmage, was not engaged with another player, he was hit in the thighs. Still, not a game changer. It is the inconsistency with which these calls are made. These calls are often made one way and not against the opposing team. If things are called consistently, or let the guys play, consistently, it is really hard to complain. The lack of consistency is what generates ill will and anger with most folks. I think we all know that penalty free football is our goal, but very rarely achieved.
That was a very good defensive play from our d back, it was however the right call. He also made the right play, just one of those weird situations. Defensive back getting ready to be blocked by guy 150#s bigger than he was? I would hit his knees as well, that play might have gotten a lot farther than the 15 yard penalty it resulted in as well. It was a great play by hibritens db, even if he didn't mean to knock the lineman into the rb,lol

Reactions: beamer24
I'm not talking about taking out a blocker below the waist. Can't you read,
I am saying that tactic will be used by both sides at this game. Another poster mentioned that they are taught how to tackle below the waist. The back you guys have is not going to be tackled grabbing at waist from the side or from behind. To stop him players will to grab and bind his feet or knock them from under him.

I'm not talking about taking out a blocker below the waist. Can't you read,
I am saying that tactic will be used by both sides at this game. Another poster mentioned that they are taught how to tackle below the waist. The back you guys have is not going to be tackled grabbing at waist from the side or from behind. To stop him players will to grab and bind his feet or knock them from under him.
Dude I was answering the hhs guy I know you guys aren’t going to play dirty. Go back to sleep

I watch the same film that the team is watching the don’t have enough and yea I know their fans will disagree but like I said watch what I tell you

Point blank period you have a fast RB who hasn’t been hit that’s it your defense was ok but then again the West was weak this year ok that’s just all to it boss no convincing here we are just 21pts better than you guys but I’m taking 14 because your coach will probably throw one that will get past us....

That’s just the truth Beamer your RB has NOT been hit, credit to his speed but east and west running doesn’t work with us we have fast DE’s and LB’s he is gonna get hit more in this game than he’s been hit all year and TBH a single RB can’t take that I’m hoping y’all get the ball first and you’ll see just what I mean

Also I’m not saying he won’t break for a long one I’m hoping he doesn’t but to score you are going to have to pound the ball constantly and consistently a single RB doing that no maybe two or three but one it won’t happen boss

That’s just the truth Beamer your RB has NOT been hit, credit to his speed but east and west running doesn’t work with us we have fast DE’s and LB’s he is gonna get hit more in this game than he’s been hit all year and TBH a single RB can’t take that I’m hoping y’all get the ball first and you’ll see just what I mean
i will say this. i am in no way as confident as you are that we not only win, but we win by at least 14, but of course i hope so! i am very confident we are capable of winning, but i expect a very tough game with either team good enough to win. i will say this though. i think eastern teams usually have better run defenses than western teams. whereas western teams usually have more balanced defenses that are usually better against the pass than the eastern teams, but not as good against the run as the eastern teams. just my take. i think there are exceptions to this rule with some of the powerhouse western and eastern teams, but im just talking about on average. all of that being said i think you could forgive us a little bit if our rushing ypg average was a little lower than Hibriten's with the eastern run defenses usually more tough than the western ones imo. but instead its the other way around. even though we play against more run focused defenses in the east, we are still able to manage a higher ypg average rushing than Hibriten. i could understand if Hibriten supplemented their rush offense with a considerable amount of passes per game but they dont. they pass even less than we do, which isnt much at all. i dont know how all of this will translate to play on the field but it should be very interesting to see just how effective our teams are at moving the ball against each other.

Point blank period you have a fast RB who hasn’t been hit that’s it your defense was ok but then again the West was weak this year ok that’s just all to it boss no convincing here we are just 21pts better than you guys but I’m taking 14 because your coach will probably throw one that will get past us....

Son you've hit your damn head real hard. 21 points better my ass. ED be lucky to throw up 14. We keep hearing the same shit week after week. Keep winning week after week. You wanna talk bout getting hit, i promise you your ED boys better be ready to be hit like they never have been. Plus its gonna be cold. Gonna hurt that much more. You just keep being worried over 1 rb. We've got a few more that can get it done. Go ahead key on Gee, then they'll be chasing down the others, then we EDs running in circles, thats when the mistakes happen and Witherspoon will break off the big runs. Hasnt been hit hard huh?? Cant hit what you can't catch!

Son you've hit your damn head real hard. 21 points better my ass. ED be lucky to throw up 14. We keep hearing the same shit week after week. Keep winning week after week. You wanna talk bout getting hit, i promise you your ED boys better be ready to be hit like they never have been. Plus its gonna be cold. Gonna hurt that much more. You just keep being worried over 1 rb. We've got a few more that can get it done. Go ahead key on Gee, then they'll be chasing down the others, then we EDs running in circles, thats when the mistakes happen and Witherspoon will break off the big runs. Hasnt been hit hard huh?? Cant hit what you can't catch!
do i think your boys are very good? YES! do i think you will hit us harder than we've been hit all year? i doubt it! you seem to forget that hardnosed smashmouth football is what we play down this way! i seriously doubt Hibriten hits harder than WRH!

@goat ^, congrats, your recent posts have finally compelled me to register and actually reply to a thread. I’ve lurked around here for years and found most of the trash talk quite entertaining, but your hubris is by the far the best (or worst) example of being confident in your team I’ve seen to date. I take it you’ve missed the multiple instances where the good Hibriten folks have mentioned that we have a stable of more than capable backs, so you don’t need to worry about one carrying the load and getting ready beat up. Also, has it crossed your mind that gee hasn’t been hit much because he hasn’t been caught much, and when he is touched he runs through contact as well as any back I’ve seen. Im fully expecting this to be a great game, but having either team as a 21 point favorite is ludicrous.

Wright82 I’m glad I could be the one to bring you out of hiding... Your Stable is the GEE kid our Stable well our Stable is loaded hey without your star back how many games would you have won this year? I can tell you we won a plenty without ours this year and now he’s back leading us off and we’ll just watch and see is all I can say

I’ve credited your RB’s speed to the reason he’s not been hit but I also said East and West Don’t work here... we have speed too tho

Gee has been hit the last 2 weeks... And if the only thing you see in film is Gee carrying the ball then you need more film, for most of the season he was getting 5-7 touches a game at RB.... I’m not disagreeing that your defense is better then most we have faced this year as most would expect in a state championship game compared to regular season.... But I know that he only gets 25-35% of the touches so your D needs to contain other players as well

Wright82 I’m glad I could be the one to bring you out of hiding... Your Stable is the GEE kid our Stable well our Stable is loaded hey without your star back how many games would you have won this year? I can tell you we won a plenty without ours this year and now he’s back leading us off and we’ll just watch and see is all I can say
I’d venture without Gee we would of been 10-1 in regular season and playing at least in the 3rd round depending on seeding and matchups

6 games we played without our best RB not 1 or 2 but 6 he’s still over 1,000 yds also not sure how many teams could’ve done that this year...

Reactions: 96panther
These dumplin fans are hilarious
Difference between us ED fans and you is, we actually type what we believe. You’re just on here to run your mouth. Otherwise, you would have took me up on that wager that I’ve offered to you twice.

At 20 carries a game.those numbers should add up.
Our so called 1 back has out gained your number 1 back by close to 500 yards with HALF the carries!
i personally think this is going to be a very close game, but since you want to compare numbers compare our rushing yds per game to your rushing yards per game and get back with me!

i personally think this is going to be a very close game, but since you want to compare numbers compare our rushing yds per game to your rushing yards per game and get back with me!
We'll make up your mind, thought y'all were winning easily????

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT