ADVERTISEMENT

#1 EAST DUPLIN (15-0) VS #2 HIBRITEN (15-0) STATE CHAMPIONSHIP THREAD

Take his legs out from under him . Go low to tackle him. And believe me that will happen. You're not going to tackle a back like that head on. I saw Todd Gurley one time in the playoffs against E.D., I think maybe 3rd Rd. I watched him run over a player from E.D. who tried to take him down head on, Gurley hit the player , knocked him forward ran over him literally up the players leg and rite up his chest .leg, stomach, chest. E D was good that year but ran into Tarboro .

As long as they hit clean no problem with that. They start trying to take out the knees that would start a rough game for all!

I hope that doesn't happen, I'm not an evil person ,would never suggest for kids to do that. I'm talking below the knee. That can't be illegal because I have witnessed it this year alot. Saturday is fast approaching .

You had best watch what you say! I believe if Gee got a helmet to the knee it would end the game for everyone! I am 100% for sure the football team would not accept it and the fans may take it a bit serious also! If you want to start something keep it up!! It sounds a whole lot like a threat to me! I shall call the pkayers and relay the message so they know what to expect!! You had best not approach me after these comment

You had best watch what you say! I believe if Gee got a helmet to the knee it would end the game for everyone! I am 100% for sure the football team would not accept it and the fans may take it a bit serious also! If you want to start something keep it up!! It sounds a whole lot like a threat to me! I shall call the pkayers and relay the message so they know what to expect!! You had best not approach me after these comment

52778939.jpg

I am not the dumb person talking about taking a players legs out but the proper people have been warned! When tackling a player you are taught to be a man and hit him the correct way and not attempting to take legs out! Wow what an idiot to say something like that. You all can have this site!

I am not the dumb person talking about taking a players legs out but the proper people have been warned! When tackling a player you are taught to be a man and hit him the correct way and not attempting to take legs out! Wow what an idiot to say something like that. You all can have this site!

wtf-meme.jpg

You are about as crazy as it gets. Nobody is talking about hurting anyone but you. Watch what you say. If you watch football enough you will see plenty of hits below the thigh that are not being called and I doubt they will all get called Saturday. You are the freaking idiot jack@$&. Nobody is talking of hurting anyone, just simple tackle low down. The only threat was by you freaking.

And I don't care what your fans think or do. You evidently don't know football. I certainly am not worried about you or your serious fans. And you sir or boy, what ever you are, saying I better not approach you. How would I ever do that when I don't even know your dumb @$& or not even seen you before, not that I care to. You don't want to see me, I'll hurt your feelings to the point you run too mommy. Go change some tars buddy.

What do y'all play in the hills. Politically correct football? If so your team is in for a butt kicking loss that you will never forget. Go change some tars.

Kids are taught the correct way to tackle low. Jarius Cotton did it perfectly last year. It's not dirty or illegal. If you watch the heads up tackling program by USA Football they teach it.

Reactions: BL1
our team is not dirty, and never has been. i have no idea what you are talking about!

What do y'all play in the hills. Politically correct football? If so your team is in for a butt kicking loss that you will never forget. Go change some tars.

Dang fireykitten lighten up,,but do tell your players we play very nice and polite football in Lenoir, hell you might even see a hug or two. Obviously I need to hook you and blue ridge up he probably has some old tires for your guys to drag around next year, maybe even a tractor tire or two.

Honestly, this has gotten way off topic. East Duplin isn't a dirty team. They play with class, they win with class, they lose with class. Hibriten is the same way. The head coaches are teachers of men and create tradition and excellence. Both teams have storied histories within their communities. I grew up in Duplin County and have seen enough ED games to know they will be well prepared. Went to school at Appalachian with a bunch of Hibriten grads and have met and interacted with both Clay Lewis and Battle Holley many times. Believe me, these two schools will respect each other and play the game the way it was intended. I can tell you from experience to go and enjoy the heck out of this day it doesn't come often for most and when it does it's over in the blink of an eye. Take it all in from the national anthem through the post game.

I tried to tell the tire that tackling low is legal if done right, the officials know. I mentioned about taking the wheels out from under the rb and tire man went off made a threat. He said what said about taking the wheels out from under the back was a threat to hurt the rb. I was talking about tackling low to bring him down. If he is as strong as they said on these forums you won't bring him hitting high so you go low. Nothing trying to hurt somebody

Reactions: 96panther
I work crazy hrs. but it's only part time. Sometimes I up all night long and sleep all day.

When we were playing Draughn this year, we had a defensive player flagged for a chop-block for tackling the runner low. Our player hit the blocker low, the running back tripped over his blocker and our defensive player got a 15 yard penalty. I have never seen a defensive player get flagged for a chop-block. I found that very odd.

Beamer sees it the way I do. I never said take legs out. I said take his legs out from under him by tackling low. That takes the runners' balance away and he falls. It might not work every time but it will work most of the time. If it is not done right the official will call it, Plain and simple.

I saw several chop blocks last game and it wasn't called, so who knows why they are called or not called.

When we were playing Draughn this year, we had a defensive player flagged for a chop-block for tackling the runner low. Our player hit the blocker low, the running back tripped over his blocker and our defensive player got a 15 yard penalty. I have never seen a defensive player get flagged for a chop-block. I found that very odd.

WRH had a defensive chop block called on them last Friday night. Like you it was the first time I’ve ever seen it called on the defense.

Reactions: dogs79
They are taught to wrap legs and roll. You see it all the time now since concussions became big.

If that is the case, the officials aren't consistent in calling it. I have seen it happening too much , some calling it some not. Tackling low is not going to cause brain concussion, it's the helmet to helmet that causes that. A broken leg , torn ACL or messed up knee could occur. I guarantee you some low hits will occur in this game by both teams that won't be called and some may be called. We will see.

This is a point of emphasis as far as blocking below the waist. Only players offense or defense who are on the line of scrimmage and in the free blocking zone are allowed to block below the waist. That is why you don't see lead backs or any one in that matter cutting defensive players on plays. On defense players are not allowed to cut down blockers by going low on them. You said the defensive player hit the blocker low. That was your penalty right their.

With that being said some goes by without being called. Offense was in shotgun formation and the OT who was in a two point stance kicked stepped kicked then cut the DE. You can't do that. I've seen a fullback this year just about get his knee blew out on a LB running up and blowing up his leg, coaches going crazy on the sideline and no flag.

On defense players are not allowed to cut down blockers by going low on them. You said the defensive player hit the blocker low. That was your penalty right their.

KP for Hibriten was in the Draughn backfield, he hit the blocker in the thighs, which caused the blocker to trip the running back with the ball, this caused the penalty flag. Still a curious flag to me.

On another note, in the Hibriten/Shelby game, when Brooks broke the run for the touchdown, a blocker pushed a Hibriten DB in the back who was in position to backup the missed tackle, this illegal block made the highlight reel for WBTV, right in front of the ref, no flag. Also, one of the Hibriten linebackers in the Shelby backfield getting ready to make a sack, gets tackled from behind in the backfield in front of the ref, no flag. I could go on, but the inconsistency of calls in NCHSAA games is nothing short of pathetic.

Reactions: marsgreen
A lot goes by, makes fans go crazy and coaches blood pressure boiling. I seen a DE for Hibriten get bear hugged also at that game on a pass rush.

Reactions: beamer24
My main thing is hustle. On the goal line how can you make a call standing on the boundary. You should be crashing down the line to see where the ball is. We can be here for years talking about what has been missed as far as calls. I also understand sitting in the stands you see everything. The fans don't miss nothing, it's 20/20 Superman vision up there. On the field it's happening fast for a official. I'll tell anyone this, sign up Mark Dreibelbis will be in charge and lets see how you do on Friday nights. Let's see how you like being called Ray Charles & Stevie Wonder!

Reactions: beamer24 and dogs79
I believe my point is that there are enough missed or bad calls going both ways, the calls did not change the outcome of the Shelby/Hibriten game. I don't think the calls will determine the winner on Saturday.

Reactions: beamer24
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT