ADVERTISEMENT

1A Boys Basketball Top Scorers as of 12-08-14(These are players reported)

1. Edrice Adebayo JR Northside Pinetown 35ppg(70pts in 2 games)

2. Darius McGhee SO Roxboro Community 25.5ppg( 153 total points in 6 games)

3. Trevor Willis JR East Carteret 25.5ppg( 51 total points in 2 games)

4. Elbert Ellis FR Kestrel Heights 25.2ppg( 126 total points in 5 games)

5. Isaiah Rowley SR East Wake Academy 24.6ppg(197 total points in 8 games)

6. Christian Ingram SR Roxboro Community 23.2ppg(139 total points in 6 games)

7. Jacque Brown SR East Carteret 23ppg( 46 total points in 2 games)

8. Sam Johnson SR East Carteret 22ppg( 44 total points in 2 games)

9. Spencer Wilson SR Bishop McGuinness 21ppg( 84 total points in 4 games)

10. Tahjee Elliott SR Perquimans 20ppg( 100 total points in 5 games)

Stats have been reported to Maxpreps.com and only 20ppg and above scorers were listed

This post was edited on 12/8 7:58 AM by Xman8balla

This post was edited on 12/8 7:59 AM by Xman8balla

This post was edited on 12/8 11:56 PM by Xman8balla

The Boys from The Creek will again steamroll Wake Forest

Wake Forest looked pretty sharp in their Eastern finals Championship match last weekend against Garner.Their feature running back Bryce Love was indeed impressive and has some serious wheels - BUT - how will all that play out when they have to match up against "THE HEAVIES" from The West. Sadly for the Cougars reality will come avalanching down once more. The truth that will quickly manifest itself is that the huge athletic defensive line of Mallard Creek will be a far different MONSTER from any they have faced this year.The running lanes if any will certainly be much narrower than last weekends were. If Wake can however be somewhat successful through the air they might slow down some of the defensive pressure they'll be facing. Last Friday The Mavericks showed some problems with stopping the running of Lake Norman's quarterback who broke off several good gains (Lake Norman i believe would win this upcoming championship also ) and had a stout and pretty accurate throwing arm. Mallard built a 4114 lead in the Western finish and seemingly relaxed allowing a never say die LNHS Wildcats team to claw back into a one possession tie.You can believe The Mavericks will have been strongly reminded that they won't be given their second straight State Championship and will be mission focused. Lets all hope to see a quality competitive final but i just think Mallard Creek wins in another embarrassing crushing.

New Berns Mike Hughes

After some time to take in last nights performance by Mike Hughes I would like to try and put it in perspective. I know that many have not been sold on Hoggard this year and I and don't blame those people. Coming into this game Hoggard had given up 110 points in 13 games and 42 of those points were not scored on their starting defense. That's 68 points. Hoggard returned most of their defense from last season and even though their schedule has not been strong, they have faced some very good players. Last season Hoggard held WF RB Bryce Love to 126 yards. Love has over 20 D1 offers. They also held Greenville Rose WR C. Powell to 4 catches for 89 yards. Powell had multiple D1 offers in his sophomore year. This season the Vikings held Charlotte Christian RB E. Deveau to under 50 yards in the one half that the teams played. Deveau has over 20 D1 offers. Hoggard held S. central RB S. Furlow to under 50 yards rushing. Furlow has committed to ECU. Hoggard beat a very good Scotland team this year and held them scoreless in the second half. SC beat RC this year by 3 TD's. The same RC team that beat Vance and Butler. The same Butler team that beat MC. I am not saying Hoggard could beat those teams. This was a very good Hoggard team. They have not been gashed like this even though they have played some very good players. Hughes made a very good Hoggard defense look like slow and bad. NB had 500 total yards and Hughes accounted for about 440 of those yards. Hoggard defense looked solid when Hughes wasn't running around. That was a performance worth watching and if he plays that well against CC I don't see them being able to handle him. Congrats to Hughes and NB on a tremendous performance. I know it is hard for the Hoggard players and fans to swallow but I think giving credit where credit is due is all that can be done.

Why the Asheville fans are still mad

I know its Monday already 3 days after the game and Weddington has advanced. Congrats to them. I think by now it has become pretty evident that the Asheville fans feel perturbed about the loss after being penalized for 119 yards while Weddington only had 15. Typically when an officiating crew is flag happy it is on both teams. Even though my cougars were penalized by more than 100 yards, there are 3 calls in particular that have social media still buzzing with livid fans. Asheville had an 80 yard touchdown called back, ok tough luck, debatable holding call, but touch luck. Asheville receiver catches a 25 yard pass late in the 4th quarter and videos going around online show the receiver got 2 feet down with complete control, ruled no catch. That one stung a little more and resulted in head coach Danny wilkins getting a 15 yard unsportsmanlike penalty. Awful, awful call and one you would not expect from an officiating crew in the 3rd round. These are supposed to be the better refs at this point in the playoffs. The final call and the one that people are trying to make sure this crew never officiates again, was with under 5 minutes to go. Asheville down 28-21 on the 1 yard line and appeared to score a touchdown that would have tied it at 28. Instead the ruling is that he is down despite photo and video evidence that he was in. Maybe I am looking at it through Cougar shaded lenses, but I think this was the worst of the calls and could have possibly affected the outcome. What do you think? Was he in?
Congrats to Weddington and everyone else still playing.

64793_745206308878812_1801021496677823377_n.jpg

Mickey Lineberger/South Point

Congrats to ML and SP on a very successful season. ML and staff did a great job with this group of young men. SP improved by leaps and bounds since game one. Crest had the chance to put the game away early, but was unable to do that due to penalties and lack of execution on offense. But you must give SP defense credit. They came to play. SP offense had more success against the Crest defense than any other opponent this year. The purpose of this post is directed to those fans at SP who have questioned ML play calling or coaching not only last night, but at other times this year as well. I just want to say to those who have a problem with ML need to know how to appreciate a good coach. ML is well respected across the state by his peers and considered one of the best at his craft. The Red Bone is unique and ML is a master at running it. Those talking about predictable play calling obviously don't know or understand a lot about football or the triple option. You do what you do in the Red Bone and it is what it is. I'm just saying from another fans perspective from the outside looking in, you're very fortunate to have a great coach and one of the best in the business to lead your team. Only a fool would think otherwise. I barely know Mickey and I'm sure as heck not a SP fan, but I do have a tremendous amount of respect for ML and the SP program. Once again, you better count your blessings and appreciate what you got.....Mickey does more with less.....

Clinton's Ryheem Skinner

With 196 yards last night Skinner goes over the 2,000 yard mark becoming only the 2nd Clinton player to do so....may not seem like a big deal but i can list off the names of former Clinton running backs and the fact that this young man has done this in only his sophomore season speaks volumes....Sky is the limit for this young man and with Frasier(Princeton),Thompson(Hoggard),Murchison(EB),Manning(Whiteville) all graduating its safe to say he will be one of the top RBs in the state next season...Hopefully some recruiters are starting to take notice.....And you wont see there names in the paper but that offensive line has been great all season....Storm Cannady,TJ Boone,Joel Jones,Jon Jacobs,Chase King,Johnathon Wright and Chandler Whitefield

1A Boys Basketball Top Assist Leaders as of 12-8-14

1. Jacque Brown SR East Carteret 8.5apg( 17 total assist in 2 games)

2. Jeremy Parker JR Granville Central 6.3apg( 44 total assist in 7 games)

3. Andre Brown JR Columbia 5apg( 15 total assist in 3 games)

4. Cameron Watkins JR East Montgomery 4.8apg( 19 total assist in 4 games)

5. Tristan Howard JR Nantahala 4.8apg( 19 total assist in 4 games)

6. Justin Greene SO Mitchell 4.87apg( 19 total assist in 4 games)

7. Spencer Wilson SR Bishop McGuinness 4.5apg( 18 total assist in 4 games)

8. Dewayne Bryant JR Jones Senior 4.3apg( 17 total assist in 4 games)

9. Andrew Weiss SR Franklin Academy 4apg( 16 total assist in 4 games)

10. Shun Allison SO Bessemer City 4apg( 16 total assist in 4 games)

1A Boys Top Rebounders as of 12-8-14

1. Edrice Adebayo JR Northside Pinetown 22rpg( 44 total rebounds in 2 games)

2. Courtney McKinney FR East Montgomery 12.7rpg( 38 total rebounds in 3 games)

3. Malik Peebles SR Weldon HS 12.5rpg( 50 total rebounds in 4 games)

4. Patrick Tape JR Queens Grant 12.3rpg( 37 total Rebounds in 3 games)

5. Ty Simmons SR East Carteret 12rpg( 24 total rebounds in 2 games)

6. Josh McGee SR Bishop McGuinness 11.3rpg( 45 total rebounds in 4 games)

7. Robert Brown SR Community School of Davidson 11rpg( 44 total rebounds in 4 games)

8. Jerry Royster SR KIPP Pride 11rpg( 33 total rebounds in 3 games)

9. Chase Hedgepeth JR East Wake Academy 9.7rpg( 68 total rebounds in 7 games)

10. Evin Caswell JR Ocracoke 9.3rpg( 56 total rebounds in 6 games)

Proud to be a Black Knight!

First off, hats off to the Trojans! I know it's never easy to lose, and it's especially hard when you are this close to the prize, but you guys set the tone for those coming after. I hate you had to come into a game as big as this one without your star player, but you guys played like the champions you are. You made your school and community proud, and good luck next year!

Now to the Knights! Woo Hoo. These guys played an awesome game of football. That defense is just awe-inspiring!! I have to admit to being worried when the Trojans were standing on the 5 yard line in their first possession, but recovering that fumble was huge, and in spite of some questionable calls, and quick flags, you played lights out football. Knights had almost 400 total yards to Trojans 200. Was hoping to see No. 3 break 2,000 yards tonight, but it was close but not quite yet. No. 11 had another outstanding night, but I was most impressed with that defense! 15-0 baby!! Lets go all the way!!
ADVERTISEMENT

Filter

ADVERTISEMENT