ADVERTISEMENT

Shelby vs SP

While Shelby's offense is firing on all cylinders...their defense is found to be wanting. I think SP is more balanced, but Shelby is so explosive on offense it might not matter. I don't know anything though, I thought ACR would beat Shelby, not destroy, but win a close one...I was dead wrong. Best of luck to both teams. Should be game of the week.

I will say this, this game sounds almost like Erwin vs SP 2010 Except Shelby has a better defense than Erwin

I've seen both teams this year. Coondog, I don't what you're smoking but you are absolutely insane. Too many athletes for Shelby gonna cause problems for SP. Game should be over by third quarter. SP won't be able to run with this group all nite. Oh yeah, does anyone know if Fletcher's still open?? That is some dam good eatin.

Difference is that Shelby has played two games Coonie. Their offense is on all 8 cylinders. Speed everywhere. SP will need long time consuming drives to win. It can't be a shootout otherwise they wear you out. I'm pulling for the Raiders. Because I think HITMAN is a peckerhead and I can't stand Shelby worse than I can't stand SP. I wish you both could lose by 50 and the stadium would crumble after the last person was out the gate. Chew up the clock keep their offense on the sidelines and you have a shot. If not they'll drop 40 plus on you.

Difference is that Shelby has played two games Coonie. Their offense is on all 8 cylinders. Speed everywhere. SP will need long time consuming drives to win. It can't be a shootout otherwise they wear you out. I'm pulling for the Raiders. Because I think HITMAN is a peckerhead and I can't stand Shelby worse than I can't stand SP. I wish you both could lose by 50 and the stadium would crumble after the last person was out the gate. Chew up the clock keep their offense on the sidelines and you have a shot. If not they'll drop 40 plus on you.
Well I think you are a swell guy.

The thing is Shelby D isnt that bad,any Defense going be wore out when offense scores as fast as Shelbys,and puts D right back on field....Plus coach Ware is playing with d to get best rotation.
I look for Shelby to be more balanced this week to help d out...
Im sure Coach Ware and coach Devine will be ready for red bone....
But i will agree most athletes on field for Shelby in very long time...

I have a simple question for all the Sheby's defense is great crowd. Has Shelby shut any team down this year?

One more thing. If Freedom can run all over you, I kinda think we have a chance.

Reactions: coondog8585
Yeah well Seadog belive what u want Freedom and Ac much better teams then u think...and it not bout shutting down we go with bend dont break attitude
My Question to u is has SP shut anybody down? U better not spot us 20....it be long night.

I agree seadog its possible. .But i do know our D not as bad as yrds it gave up..were young 2-3 freshman and bunch Soph.on D.
But good luck,i just hope no injurys,long season left

2013 Shelby vs South Point 35-24
2014 Shelby vs South Point 44-39
That says a lot as we still have not got over the hump with South Point.I thought we would have last year.We will see.Rulz is right in that SP will need long time consuming drives and keep Shelby off the field and wear down the defense.

I can't wait for Friday. I found a half tore up South Point hat outside the visitors gate at Crest. I'm not brushing my teeth until after the game and I'm putting bits of cotton in my hair. I'm gonna blend right into the visitors side and listen to the lint heads moan and groan as Shelby lights that azz up.

Reactions: Lion Attack
I can't wait for Friday. I found a half tore up South Point hat outside the visitors gate at Crest. I'm not brushing my teeth until after the game and I'm putting bits of cotton in my hair. I'm gonna blend right into the visitors side and listen to the lint heads moan and groan as Shelby lights that azz up.
Visitors side will be the Golden Lions of Shelby

Tremendous respect for Shelby. That offense is clearly explosive. SP D looked good in 2nd half last week, but face a totally different challenge. SP needs to keep Borders from going off and that will not be easy. For SP, Goo is getting more comfortable at QB, the Oline looked good last week, Etherton is running hard, and Leeper adds a dimension at WB. If one team wins the Turnover and penalty battle, then they will likely win.

I'm pulling for South Point cause I like the underdog. If they can keep Shelby's offense off the field they may have a chance in this one. Pound the rock and burn the clock.

As for the game itself, I think it's going to be a great, entertaining, competitive game to watch. The game will have a great atmosphere, too, with many of our beloved Crest adversaries in attendance as well.

Lion Attack, this is none of my business but I just watched that game film you posted. Noticed two very important things: #1 - There was absolutely no pressure on your QB at all. #2 - The Rockets DB's were giving your receivers a 5 to 8 yard and sometimes even more cushion. That's how ya'll ate them up with those little quick passes. They should have tightened up their secondary and jammed the crap out of your receivers on the line.

I am impressed w/ South Point's defense. They held Tre Harbison below 100 yards, and stuffed Lincolton's offense in the second half.

That being said, this is Shelby's most dynamic offense in years. Lee shows great poise in the pocket, and in addition to Borders, Antwan Wright is flat out explosive, and Calvin Camp, at running back, is a dynamic playmaker both running and receiving. These are some superb athletes. We have many athletes.

Cougar 90, teams are in fear of that speed coming off the line. These guys are some burners. I see your logic, though, jamming the receivers disrupts rythem and buys the pass rush some time to get to the quarterback.

Lion Attack, this is none of my business but I just watched that game film you posted. Noticed two very important things: #1 - There was absolutely no pressure on your QB at all. #2 - The Rockets DB's were giving your receivers a 5 to 8 yard and sometimes even more cushion. That's how ya'll ate them up with those little quick passes. They should have tightened up their secondary and jammed the crap out of your receivers on the line.

THey did that one time, result, was an 82 yard bomb for a TD to a wide open receiver...

Reactions: '98 State Champion
well based off what I've seen Shelby do in recent years, plus the little bit of tape here on this thread - sp will have some trouble. SP coaching method of defending the pass is using a pass rush with 4 DL and an occasional blitz off the short edge but that won't be enough if Shelby really knows what they're doing with the pass offense. It looks like they have a simple read scheme going. One of our best defensive players hasn't had a chance to show much this year - starr- so looking forward to seeing if he can come up big. I think we will see 6 plus DBs play in this game for sp.

Thought I typed this here, maybe not

Statman sends the records out occasionally... There are two that stands out.... Most rushing yards given up in a game EVER.... The top two are by South Point the last two seasons.
We will have to be able to slow that redbone down.... Somehow...If not could be another big shootout..... Its not going to be an easy game for Shelby by any means I don't think.... Going to be a good one I believe...

I've never seen a Shelby defense be as fundamentally inept and not tough as last year's. I would expect more from them this year. Not sure if collectively 15-20 guys on that side of the ball and their defensive coaching staff all had the worst night of their lives or what, but it would be hard to think they could be that bad again. I remember their defenses mid 80s to mid 90s....and they were no joke.

Reactions: coondog8585
I have a simple question for all the Sheby's defense is great crowd. Has Shelby shut any team down this year?

One more thing. If Freedom can run all over you, I kinda think we have a chance.

Alabama recruit....Notre Dame recruit....would be pretty tough for ANY team to "shut them down". Our defense is fine. No D1 recruits this week. Let's see what happens....you don't have Emmons in your backfield...

I've never seen a Shelby defense be as fundamentally inept and not tough as last year's. I would expect more from them this year. Not sure if collectively 15-20 guys on that side of the ball and their defensive coaching staff all had the worst night of their lives or what, but it would be hard to think they could be that bad again. I remember their defenses mid 80s to mid 90s....and they were no joke.

If I do recall...there was a lot of experimentation going on last year on the defensive side of the ball when we played SP.

Hudl film of Shelby looks good. Receivers catching the ball and then delivering a lick. Assume that 6 is Borders. He looks quick and tough. Should be a good one as the SP kids also like to hit. Should be some leather popping on Friday night. Still expect this one to come down to who makes the least mistakes. Two high quality teams.

Don't forget, we aren't the ones trying to get over the hump....

All-time record vs. SP
*(1951) Belmont (South Point) (37-16-0)

Also note that if you are going to use ancient history (1951? - Belmont?), remember that nobody on the Shelby team was even born the last time the Golden Lions beat South Point (1996). You probably had to remove some dinosaur poop to polish up that record. LOL.

Hudl film of Shelby looks good. Receivers catching the ball and then delivering a lick. Assume that 6 is Borders. He looks quick and tough. Should be a good one as the SP kids also like to hit. Should be some leather popping on Friday night. Still expect this one to come down to who makes the least mistakes. Two high quality teams.
Plastic popping! LOL

Visitors side will be the Golden Lions of Shelby
Everyone knows a group of SP fans sit on the visitor side so they can stir the pot and try to intimidate the visitors. I'm gonna be sitting near them and listen to them moan and groan about the SP coaches inability to stop the Shelby passing game. By the 3rd Quarter, they will be bringing up the 2003 team and how this team is as talented but unable to get the job done. By the end of the game them lintheads will be complaining about how Devine never woulda let the Lions beat them like that and ponder if a merger with Stuart Cramer might be the best thing for Red Raider Football. Good facilities, Better Coaches and bigger players.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT