ADVERTISEMENT

Shelby vs SP

With SPs career record vs. Crest....I can't imagine how much worse it would be if we had "bigger" players as you suggest. I guess bigger players might be better, as long as they are as talented as the smaller player at equal age. Say, was Travis Padgett "big"?

Also note that if you are going to use ancient history (1951? - Belmont?), remember that nobody on the Shelby team was even born the last time the Golden Lions beat South Point (1996). You probably had to remove some dinosaur poop to polish up that record. LOL.

'85 Shelby 20-0
'86 Shelby 21-0
'87 Shelby 20-19
'88 Shelby 21-7
'89 Shelby 21-7
'90 Shelby 17-16
'91 Shelby 37-14
'92 South Point 21-29
'93 South Point 27-28 and Shelby 35-34
'94 Shelby 30-3
'95 Shelby 35-0
'96 Shelby 17-14

Find you a stick or piece of mulch to scrape that "dinosaur poop" of the bottom of your shoe. Had a hiccup in '92/'93 and a hiccup in '13/'14 but back to business this year with owning South Point.

Reactions: SHS-TheDynasty
Everyone knows a group of SP fans sit on the visitor side so they can stir the pot and try to intimidate the visitors. I'm gonna be sitting near them and listen to them moan and groan about the SP coaches inability to stop the Shelby passing game. By the 3rd Quarter, they will be bringing up the 2003 team and how this team is as talented but unable to get the job done. By the end of the game them lintheads will be complaining about how Devine never woulda let the Lions beat them like that and ponder if a merger with Stuart Cramer might be the best thing for Red Raider Football. Good facilities, Better Coaches and bigger players.
Wonder if a Raider/Storm merger would work out like the BullDog/Charger merger. Crest was a mere afterthought for years until they stole all of the Burns players. Understand that Crest has opened a satellite school in Fallston.

Everyone knows a group of SP fans sit on the visitor side so they can stir the pot and try to intimidate the visitors. I'm gonna be sitting near them and listen to them moan and groan about the SP coaches inability to stop the Shelby passing game. By the 3rd Quarter, they will be bringing up the 2003 team and how this team is as talented but unable to get the job done. By the end of the game them lintheads will be complaining about how Devine never woulda let the Lions beat them like that and ponder if a merger with Stuart Cramer might be the best thing for Red Raider Football. Good facilities, Better Coaches and bigger players.
Those Raider fans with that disgusting lint in their hair are really the ones making a sacrifice as they are challenged to sit through a football game around a bunch of Cleveland County fans who could piss febreze and never get the smell of horse manure off their clothes. Even their carhartt formal wear reeks the smell of horse %(^#.

Tough week on both staffs, almost impossible for either team to emulate the others offense.

Reactions: seadog28
'85 Shelby 20-0
'86 Shelby 21-0
'87 Shelby 20-19
'88 Shelby 21-7
'89 Shelby 21-7
'90 Shelby 17-16
'91 Shelby 37-14
'92 South Point 21-29
'93 South Point 27-28 and Shelby 35-34
'94 Shelby 30-3
'95 Shelby 35-0
'96 Shelby 17-14

Find you a stick or piece of mulch to scrape that "dinosaur poop" of the bottom of your shoe. Had a hiccup in '92/'93 and a hiccup in '13/'14 but back to business this year with owning South Point.
I thought we were back in business last year.

I think both fanbases are somewhat skeared this week. They remind me of a woman who will watch 50 Shades of Grey 10 times but the minute you put a pinky on her back door she draws up tight and squirms.

Funny how SP fans still want to talk about the team they lost their super bowl too.The last 3 times i might add. They should be worried about their DADDY. The Shelby Golden Lions.
37-16 HAHAHA That's not close enough to be considered a rivalry. More than 2 to 1 . That's a lot of long rides home.
I'll be honest. I thought you guys were pitiful.
Shelby will beat the piss out of SP.

And a dominated Cramper has enough time between swills to expose his small unit. Sheesh!!!

Tough week on both staffs, almost impossible for either team to emulate the others offense.

Totally agree, but having received higher education, I would say "simulate". No worries HT. I'm fluent in Cleveland Countyish!

BullChargers have been mighty mouthy and confident since the merger with Burns. This thread is about Shelby/SP, but the Shelby Crest BullChargers keep chiming in. Do you guys have a bye this week. If so, you can hit the moonshine and livestock just after dark and be asleep in your trailers by 10:00.

Totally agree, but having received higher education, I would say "simulate". No worries HT. I'm fluent in Cleveland Countyish!
Nothing wrong with the word emulate. The word you should be concerned with is speed.

Coach Ware asks his scout team to simulate the redbone offense. The Lion coaching staff hopes the team emulates SP's toughness.

,yeah your Jvs got tail whipping...42-14....hope thats not your future..man yall little

,yeah your Jvs got tail whipping...42-14....hope thats not your future..man yall little

Lot or respect for SP. Their offense always gives us a fit. We've got a great offense too. SP also played Crest pretty tough. I look for a good game. Hopefully we can out score them.

You all should hope for a loss. Every time we beat you, you win the State Championship!

Last time i checked ours werent either...
All jokes aside,your guys killed us on a pass play onetime,pretty throw....dont know why they dont throw more..Qb was prob best on offense for Sp tonight

Reactions: seadog28
JV team is down in skill and size this year, but Middle School will be filling the void.

Last time i checked ours werent either...
All jokes aside,your guys killed us on a pass play onetime,pretty throw....dont know why they dont throw more..Qb was prob best on offense for Sp tonight

Cmon sf1, I had to say something! :)

All jokes out...Much respect for SP and that offense...hope for a great game...injury free and good sportsmanship...

Seadog28 - You all should hope for a loss. Every time we beat you, you win the State Championship!. I'll take that any day.

Funny how SP fans still want to talk about the team they lost their super bowl too.The last 3 times i might add. They should be worried about their DADDY. The Shelby Golden Lions.
37-16 HAHAHA That's not close enough to be considered a rivalry. More than 2 to 1 . That's a lot of long rides home.
I'll be honest. I thought you guys were pitiful.
Shelby will beat the piss out of SP.

..........ANDDDDDD the great one is back (me)
Oh ye of excitement over the male buttocks - don't you know Shebby ran and hid during a significantly nice portion of SPs history? If SP would've refused to play Shebby in the 80s, that would've worked out nicely for SP too you know?
Chargerb!tch. You should remember several things as you attend *crest game tonight. 1- Those players will just as soon rob you as look at you; so while you pay for their big macs right now, they will probably be the guys pointing the gun at you (the cashier at convenience store) despite your generosity now. 2- Don't come on here all mad because you pulled a double shift at the glory hole portion of the locker room. Your motto "mouth is tired, hand is tired...but fingers still ready" is a sad statement about yourself. 3. Shelby played scared the last two years....what is to say they won't now? This ain't 1986. These boys have been raised on flag football and overzealous patting each other's behinds for the slightest reason. We saw *crest doing this a lot in week 1. Getting a negative 1 yard run is no reason for half the team to grab their teammates hind quarters. That's not a celebratory reaction or play. Makes me think something else is up around those lonely BS streets at night. 4. shabby also holds an all time win total over *crest...so they too are your daddy.

This one is big for us, a real measuring stick. I love the way Shelby schedules tough higher classification teams prior to conference play. It sets the bar high and teaches the players the level of play that must be achieved. All that said, kick ass Raiders!

Oh ye of excitement over the male buttocks - don't you know Shebby ran and hid during a significantly nice portion of SPs history? If SP would've refused to play Shebby in the 80s, that would've worked out nicely for SP too you know?
Chargerb!tch. You should remember several things as you attend *crest game tonight. 1- Those players will just as soon rob you as look at you; so while you pay for their big macs right now, they will probably be the guys pointing the gun at you (the cashier at convenience store) despite your generosity now. 2- Don't come on here all mad because you pulled a double shift at the glory hole portion of the locker room. Your motto "mouth is tired, hand is tired...but fingers still ready" is a sad statement about yourself. 3. Shelby played scared the last two years....what is to say they won't now? This ain't 1986. These boys have been raised on flag football and overzealous patting each other's behinds for the slightest reason. We saw *crest doing this a lot in week 1. Getting a negative 1 yard run is no reason for half the team to grab their teammates hind quarters. That's not a celebratory reaction or play. Makes me think something else is up around those lonely BS streets at night. 4. shabby also holds an all time win total over *crest...so they too are your daddy.
You're a nasty bastard. I hope your nuts drop one day so I can see if your mouth is as fat as your fingers. I'd bet money it's not. I figure you're a twat.

There are players on that team that are more kind and Christian than most people. They are not all thugs. To say SP doesn't have thugs is to be ignorant. ..I'm one to also believe it lies on how they are raised and not solely on who they are. Food for thought.

Well we played South Point , flag after flag and a thunderstorm and a malfunctioning sprinkler

Final Shelby 35-28

Three SP tds off Shelvy turnovers sloppy sloppy game South Point played very tough we were lucky to win this one

Good luck rest of way Sp

Last edited:
Shelby 35-28. Nice game by both. Long night 11:20pm end of game time. Lightning, sprinklers turned on, 13 Shelby penalties. Strange game.

Coondog you called it. Came down to the last play.
Congrats to the Lions. It was going to be a tough matchup for SP any way you slice it. With that said SP showed once again they get more out of what they got than most all their competition.
Very physical game by both sides. Our kids did about as much as you can expect keeping Borders in check. They won't going to let him beat us but it opened things up for others.
Our QB King had a good game but we had to depend on him too much. Shelby did a good job keeping our fullback under wrap..

That radio crew sounded so much better when I muted them! that one cat was OBNOXIOUS. I understand that you can be a homer for your team and have some bias etc...but he complained about every call, the spotting of the ball and bashed the officials. I laughed at the beginning about how fired up he was but then it grew old. Good win Shelby, was an entertaining game for sure, just not the commentary lol

Reactions: crestcharger02
That radio crew sounded so much better when I muted them! that one cat was OBNOXIOUS. I understand that you can be a homer for your team and have some bias etc...but he complained about every call, the spotting of the ball and bashed the officials. I laughed at the beginning about how fired up he was but then it grew old. Good win Shelby, was an entertaining game for sure, just not the commentary lol
I've never heard an unbiased radio crew that's affiliated with a particular school. It just is what it is.

The think is they were right as almost everything went against the Lions.I want blame the officials because the Lions would have won by three scores if they would have played half way decent.

Onething to look at..Shelbys D in 1st qtr gave up bout 120-130 yrds on ground and 2 scores...Sp had 288 rushing total..so after 1st half D settled down...we only gave up 100 so yrds in 3 qtrs...we over came 4 turnovers on very short field for them...ill say it refs were terrible...and we dropped 3 passes that would been tds

Shelby's team looked like an undisciplined turd last night. They will benefit from their bad conference but I doubt they will have anything for Crest.

Reactions: coondog8585
It's gonna be tough for any team including Crest to deal with all those Shelby receivers. SP must have talked some of the local refs out of retirement. Shelby was getting hosed most of the night. Turnovers and badly timed penalties were the only reason SP was in the game.

It's time to grow a set son. The right side of Shelby's line is not good and easily exploitable. The receivers were "okay" against a terrible SP secondary. No dicipline on either side of the ball. It is what it is. Crest will have no problem.

I thought Morganton was a tough place to get a win. The ref's were terrible.. Talk about undisciplined...That was the worst SP team i have ever seen...When it comes to discipline. Seadog called us out early. About the new coach and discipline. He needs to check his house. The SP players were dirty. The ref's did all they could to keep SP in the game. Just win 4 games please.....Make the playoffs and don't choke in the first round.You got another Cleveland Co. spanking coming.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT