ADVERTISEMENT

Shelby vs SP

I thought Morganton was a tough place to get a win. The ref's were terrible.. Talk about undisciplined...That was the worst SP team i have ever seen...When it comes to discipline. Seadog called us out early. About the new coach and discipline. He needs to check his house. The SP players were dirty. The ref's did all they could to keep SP in the game. Just win 4 games please.....Make the playoffs and don't choke in the first round.You got another Cleveland Co. spanking coming.

It's time to get Shelby's berries out of you mouth. You talk about South Point more than you talk about Crest. Are you a Crest fan or a South Point hater?

Your pretty mouthy for a newby. Welcome aboard.You can't Be a Charger fan without being a SP hater.

What a joke some people are.. SP had 8 men back to check 3-4 rec of shelby...Ok rec huh?
Numbers dont lie son! 389 avg per game passing
Over 500 total yardage

love it!!! yall calling SP DIRTY GO BOTH WAYS. SHELBY PLAYERS WERE ALOT DIRTIER THEN OURS.

I'm not a fan of either team but I have followed the post on this board. The propaganda being spewed about Shelby is not justified. Some of the skill players are good, I'll give you that but that was not a great SP defense last night. The right side of your offensive line is bad and a good defense will take advantage of that. The multiple holding calls were a direct result of the poor line play. SP was one athlete away from blowing that game up.

Reactions: coondog8585
Dude u know nothing,3 dropped passes that would have been tds, 4 turnovers that gave Sp short field for at least 2-3 scores...and those holding calls were all late after ball caught by rec.
You havent a clue of what your talking bout
That game could have easy been 48-14 Shelby

I'm not a fan of either team but I have followed the post on this board. The propaganda being spewed about Shelby is not justified. Some of the skill players are good, I'll give you that but that was not a great SP defense last night. The right side of your offensive line is bad and a good defense will take advantage of that. The multiple holding calls were a direct result of the poor line play. SP was one athlete away from blowing that game up.
When your allowed to jam receivers 10 yards down the field it makes it hard for our receivers to get open don't u think??

The game last night did include a lot of flags.... but if you think being grabbed and shoulders turned and pulled down by the jersey are not justifiable holding calls, this bias is at a new level. Nothing is being said about SP creating (4) turnovers.... only that Shelby would have blown SP out without the turnovers and dropped passes. What ifs are easy...... If we would have scored 8 more points we would have won the game. It was a great game. It had intensity....... a little too much for #62 of Shelby...... how that kid managed to play another down in the game blows my mind. Even being not ejected the coaching staff should have held him out the rest of the game.

Reactions: Chargers#1
In our eyes we say numerous plays where your players getting up stomped ours...
And in the case u talking,Borders for Shelby no.6 was held up while numerous Sp players continued to hit him with no whistle. Then when took to ground He was punched in stomach,62 come to his aid and the official grabbed him from behind he thought it was Sp player...do i condone this? No but officials let game get out of hand at times.
And only turnover SP help cause was push Shelby player into ball after the kick,to only recover a fumble..

Toot your horn all you want, we get it, your a Shelby fan. That was a mediocre SP defense last night with maybe one decent player in the secondary. SPs offense is a one man show with terribly predictable play calling. Yet, they could and arguably should have won the game.

You will benefit from the weak conference but ultimately will have nothing for Crest.

As for SP, the lack of an additional playmaker other than the QB will be tough to overcome throughout the season. The FB position leaves a lot to be desired aswell as the lack of any speed at WB. The DL and LBs are solid. It's hard to tell if the CBs are bad or just put in a terrible position by a horrible coaching scheme. Time will tell. SP will also benefit from weak conference play.

Last edited:
And in the case u talking,Borders for Shelby no.6 was held up while numerous Sp players continued to hit him with no whistle. Then when took to ground He was punched in stomach,62 come to his aid and the official grabbed him from behind he thought it was Sp player...do i condone this? No but officials let game get out of hand at times.
And only turnover SP help cause was push Shelby player into ball after the kick,to only recover a fumble..

For the record, the player was facing the ref throwing punches in the air. He should have been ejected and kicked off the team.

U know I give CC teams a hard time, but South Point played really dirty, especially after the whistle, and the refs were pretty blatant with their play calling(or non calling)

Reactions: shelbyfan1
Lol...i agree weak conf...but our 1st 3 were all against good 3a schools, and we are a 2a,
Shelby always gets better in year...
Think what u want about this team, opinions are like a azz everbodys got one...
Were a 2a school and i dont see anyone stopping us in 2a...were 3-0..who u think wrre suppose to play Mallard Creek.....
This team shouldnt have any problems winning another championship. ..

Lol...i agree weak conf...but our 1st 3 were all against good 3a schools, and we are a 2a,
Shelby always gets better in year...
Think what u want about this team, opinions are like a azz everbodys got one...
Were a 2a school and i dont see anyone stopping us in 2a...were 3-0..who u think wrre suppose to play Mallard Creek.....
This team shouldnt have any problems winning another championship. ..

I don't disagree with you. Shelby should do very well in 2A. The conference will be out of reach though. Shelby's a really good team but not the juggernaut portrayed by their fans.

Ive followed Shelby since 79....offense wise maybe one of the best or most talented...
The loss of Camp a big blow,but as seen last night no.13 Sims (the truck) came in and won game for us, so thats a plus...
On defensive, we know we got work ahead,but we start 2 freshman and alot of spoh.. It can only get better.we also havent settled on a set rotation. .Coach Ware playing with it....This team deepest ive ever seen at every pos.

In my humble opinion, holding happens on every play. Especially in high school. It all comes down to whether the refs call it or not. With that being said. I felt as if they were definitely watching Shelby very closely on every play and when it came to SP...not so much.

Cjopp
U know I give CC teams a hard time, but South Point played really dirty, especially after the whistle, and the refs were pretty blatant with their play calling(or non calling)
Chopper where were you standing on Shelby or South Point side?

I don't disagree with you. Shelby should do very well in 2A. The conference will be out of reach though. Shelby's a really good team but not the juggernaut portrayed by their fans.
Cani, either you smoked one too many doobie, or Doober whichever it may be, but 530 yds & 43+ points per game against three quality 3A teams is pretty impressive. Maybe if Shelby can shore up the right side of O line, they can improve those dismal stats. I would wager that AC, Freedom and SP have a very good chance of winning their conference. Please enlighten us which team you actually support?

Out of respect for LA, Hitman, SHSLION ( Bob ), Shelbylion and sf1, I will only say that I hope Crest wipes the field with your 2a asses. Never thought I'd say that! How in the hell can you guys make crampers look like solid citizens?

South Point dirty? LMAO. Not dirty. Kids these days are not seeing a team hit until the whistle blows. South Point still does it. They play physical ball even to this day which most teams don't teach. It frustrates teams not seeing it during a season.

That being said I think the one referee calling the line had an agenda. I base that on his timing and the results of plays when the flag was pulled.

Out of respect for LA, Hitman, SHSLION ( Bob ), Shelbylion and sf1, I will only say that I hope Crest wipes the field with your 2a asses. Never thought I'd say that! How in the hell can you guys make crampers look like solid citizens?
LOL

South Point dirty? LMAO. Not dirty. Kids these days are not seeing a team hit until the whistle blows. South Point still does it. They play physical ball even to this day which most teams don't teach. It frustrates teams not seeing it during a season.

That being said I think the one referee calling the line had an agenda. I base that on his timing and the results of plays when the flag was pulled.
Ripping a guys helmet off and pushing a player in the back( these were done even after the whistle) is not fiishing the play, its called cheap shotting. I'm not even a Shelby fan but the were playing against 2 refs at least.

chopper, i seen that alot from Shelby players to. one kid from Sp i know wouldn't do stuff bad but got mad at Shelby Friday night.

Take the goggles off pal..... What about the interception? Pushed him into the ball? You're kidding right ...... The kid was standing ALONE; just him and the ball when it bounced and hit his leg.

I love this. Two lots of neanderthals arguing about officials and dirty plays. Both lots are so used to having refs on their side and cheap shooting opponents they can't decide who was dirtiest. I watched that sloppy slugfest and it looked like Benny VS the Jets and this thread looks the same way. you both SUCK.

I love this. Two lots of neanderthals arguing about officials and dirty plays. Both lots are so used to having refs on their side and cheap shooting opponents they can't decide who was dirtiest. I watched that sloppy slugfest and it looked like Benny VS the Jets and this thread looks the same way. you both SUCK.

I see Sanibel Island didn't calm you down any Rulz. Looks like you got back just in time for the fireworks. Usually I feel refreshed from a week in paradise but then again 15 hours in the car with my wife telling me to slow down and holding on for dear life changes the mood. Then there's that bladder that needs emptying from drinking water the entire time.

Now the only question is who will run the gauntlet and become the undefeated champion. Will it be the nasty defense or the air raid? That is if both can get past Draughn.:D

There was a lot of electricity in the air Friday night but it is time to move on.As for arguing about officials the Crest High Chargers fan base has complained more then any team in history of high school football and ya'll Suck too.

Toot your horn all you want, we get it, your a Shelby fan. That was a mediocre SP defense last night with maybe one decent player in the secondary. SPs offense is a one man show with terribly predictable play calling. Yet, they could and arguably should have won the game.

You will benefit from the weak conference but ultimately will have nothing for Crest.

As for SP, the lack of an additional playmaker other than the QB will be tough to overcome throughout the season. The FB position leaves a lot to be desired aswell as the lack of any speed at WB. The DL and LBs are solid. It's hard to tell if the CBs are bad or just put in a terrible position by a horrible coaching scheme. Time will tell. SP will also benefit from weak conference play.
I don't know who you pull for - but you seem to know what you're talking about. That is something that is few and far between on this board. Yes, once the shyt that is GACO football conference begins, SP will go undefeated pretty easily. EG may be the second best team this year....think about that. GACO football used to be really tough. The last several years....not so much. Makes for some empty Friday nights if you know what you are watching. Shelby will do very well in 2A. If they and EL are in the same playoff bracket - I am coming to that. SPs defense, especially the back 7 is f'ing horrible. Anybody with any indecision on this is either related to someone in that group or straight off the 7th floor in Morganton.

GDG , as normal, all over it. SP ...while not great, and not even that good on defense, is still taught to hit and tackle. We can't help Shelby has turned into a flag football program. It's hard to watch Shelby now knowing what they used to be on both sides of the ball. I also agree though.....the last couple years SP has benefited more from ref calls than in the previous 35 years combined. I saw some slanted stuff toward SP. That said...somehow I missed all the helmet grabbing by one player. I'm in the dark about that...who was it?

like the kid from shelby that craped number 14 helmet and then the sorry shelby fan that ran his mouth to him after the ball game and thats sad running your mouth to a kid..

Super hard-nosed game. South Point is one nasty bunch (in a good way). King the QB is super tough to defend. Defense brings the wood every play.

With all of that said, still have to be impressed that Shelby was able to overcome a 4-0 turnover deficit, an injury to our dual threat RB/WR, a 21-0 points-of-turnovers deficit, having 2 TDs called back by penalty, over 100 yards in penalties, and a 14-pt deficit to a super ball-control Red Raiders team on their home field....and win 35-28.

Man, the Golden Lions have played against some incredible athletes and well-coached teams the last 4 weeks...Neal from Forestview, Emmons from Freedom, Dowdle and Logan from ACR, and King from S Point....and came out 3-0.

Good luck to Freedom, AC Reynolds, and S Point the rest of the way...would love to see all of them go deep into the playoffs.

We (the Shelby radio broadcast) apologize for getting a little animated on Friday night. We are the Shelby radio crew and will always cater to the Golden Lion faithful. The game Friday was the most physical game in the first three weeks of the season and Shelby was flagged way more than in weeks 1 and 2 - frustrating to any fanbase that is on the receiving end of the most penalties.

I was impressed with South Point's physical play and the QB King. Great INT by Muse. South Point will frustrate many teams this year...that's how they play...ball control and physical defense.

This guy...lol...a whole 7 messages. He is a troll. Lee was a little off and still put up 385 yards. Borders dropped a wide open TD bomb. Shelby was definitely not playing their best football. Like sf1 said....we only get better as the season goes on....come last game of the regular season we'll be ready. This guy is a joke.

Reactions: shelbyfan1
This guy...lol...a whole 7 messages. He is a troll. Lee was a little off and still put up 385 yards. Borders dropped a wide open TD bomb. Shelby was definitely not playing their best football. Like sf1 said....we only get better as the season goes on....come last game of the regular season we'll be ready. This guy is a joke.
I agree...you could tell that Shelby was off just a notch....completion here, a stop there they could have won by 3-4 TD's. Injuries to a couple of your key players looked pretty bad...hope not. Lots of invisible penalties too.

Really? Back to back state champs.....yeah it's really hard to watch them.
Yeah....it is hard to watch. Shelby used to be tough as nails. Now...they are tough as cardboard. ZERO defense exists in 2a ball if Shelby and Lincolnton are two of the better representatives to get to the semifinals out of the west. They did well on offense- no doubt. Are they tough? Will they hit you? No. They used to, but not anymore and that's not debatable until they start doing it again.

I agree...you could tell that Shelby was off just a notch....completion here, a stop there they could have won by 3-4 TD's. Injuries to a couple of your key players looked pretty bad...hope not. Lots of invisible penalties too.

South Point had a lot to do with Shelby being off Friday night. South Point was laying the wood and that is what frustrated Shelby. Shelby has a great team and I don't see anyone other than their redheaded step children from Boiling Springs taking them down.

There are only invisible penalties to those wearing shaded lens.

^^^ kinda my point. SP isn't great. Definitely not great in the back 7 on defense - but what kept us in the game was the fact that Shelby is soft these days.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT