ADVERTISEMENT

SMC Basketball

wonder if Cherokee girls left their starters in through the whole game? They can be bad for that at times.
No the backups played a lot late in the game but with a running clock it just seemed to run together. Andrews also cleared their bench. With Cherokee having the 6’1 freshman I believe they can win it all this season especially if the big girl improves down low. We actually played good in 1st Qtr but in typical Cherokee fashion they just wear you down with constant ball pressure full court. After 1st Qtr it just seemed like every single shot went down

Reactions: WickedStix9
No the backups played a lot late in the game but with a running clock it just seemed to run together. Andrews also cleared their bench. With Cherokee having the 6’1 freshman I believe they can win it all this season especially if the big girl improves down low. We actually played good in 1st Qtr but in typical Cherokee fashion they just wear you down with constant ball pressure full court. After 1st Qtr it just seemed like every single shot went down
Cherokee is gonna be a handful for anyone

Andrews girls gave Robbinsville their first loss tonight, 56-55.
Andrews girls going to win more games than they have in years.
Cherokee just next level from everyone else.

Reactions: Wildcat10fan
Lady braves beat a pretty good Erwin team last night 78-34 and will play 4A mount Tabor tonight. the braves lost a close one to ACA and will play Asheville in the 3rd place game tonight
Can anyone hang with the Lady Braves this year? I know charters will deep in the playoffs but I don't see anyone on their regular season schedule. The Freshman center is impressive and will only get better as the season goes on.

Can anyone hang with the Lady Braves this year? I know charters will deep in the playoffs but I don't see anyone on their regular season schedule. The Freshman center is impressive and will only get better as the season goes on.
Shes been getting better and better each game this year, I thought Mount Tabor was going to give them a game but they couldn't hang either. Robbinsville always seems to be a good close game no matter how good the either team is

Reactions: cherokee 79
Shes been getting better and better each game this year, I thought Mount Tabor was going to give them a game but they couldn't hang either. Robbinsville always seems to be a good close game no matter how good the either team is
Robbinsville will struggle with Cherokee this year.

Andrews Boys with a big win over Franklin
Murphy comes to town Friday
A lot of the chatter has been about Murphy, Swain, and Robbinsville, but Andrews has kind of flown under the radar to a really good start. 10-1 with wins over three different 3A schools. Will be fun to see Rattler and Skogen go at each other Friday.

On another note, Swain beat a Pisgah team that had been looking like one of the Mountain 7 favorites last night. At this point, would love to see a SMC/Mountain 7 challenge. Even 1A v. 3A, think it would be pretty competitive these days.

Last edited:
Braves and lady braves beat Swain tonight, boys game was one of the best high school games I've seen in a while with Cherokee pulling away at the end. girls won by 55
I watched a little of the boys game online, real intense. Looked like the 6-6 wing for Swain wasn’t on the team anymore?

SMC boys standings
Robbinsville 3-0
Andrews 2-1 lost to Robbinsville
Cherokee 2-1 lost to Andrews
Murphy 1-2 losses to Robbinsville & Andrews
Swain 1-2 losses to Cherokee & Murphy
Hayesville 0-3 losses to Robbinsville, Cher. & Swain

SMC girls
Cherokee 3-0
Hayesville 2-1 lost to Cherokee
Andrews 2-1 lost to Cherokee
Robbinsville 1-2 losses to Andrews and Hayes.
Swain 1-2 losses to Cherokee & Hayesville
Murphy 0-3 losses to Andrews., Robbinsville & Swain.

I think these are correct.

SMC boys standings
Robbinsville 3-0
Andrews 2-1 lost to Robbinsville
Cherokee 2-1 lost to Andrews
Murphy 1-2 losses to Robbinsville & Andrews
Swain 1-2 losses to Cherokee & Murphy
Hayesville 0-3 losses to Robbinsville, Cher. & Swain

SMC girls
Cherokee 3-0
Hayesville 2-1 lost to Cherokee
Andrews 2-1 lost to Cherokee
Robbinsville 1-2 losses to Andrews and Hayes.
Swain 1-2 losses to Cherokee & Hayesville
Murphy 0-3 losses to Andrews., Robbinsville & Swain.

I think these are correct.
Just fyi, Murphy boys beat hayesville . Not sure about the girls result

SMC boys standings
Robbinsville 3-1 lost to swain
Andrews 3-1 lost to Robbinsville
Cherokee 2-2 ost to Andrews, Murphy
Murphy 2-2 losses to Robbinsville & Andrews
Swain 2-2 losses to Cherokee & Murphy
Hayesville 0-4 losses to Robbinsville, Cher. Swain & Andrews

SMC girls
Cherokee 4-0
Hayesville 3-1 lost to Cherokee
Andrews 2-2 lost to Cherokee, Hayesville
Robbinsville 2-2 losses to Andrews and Hayes.
Swain 1-3 losses to Cherokee, Robb. & Hayesville
Murphy 0-4 losses to Andrews., Robbinsville Swain & Cherokee.

Again, I believe this is correct.

Last edited:
Robbinsville couldn’t throw it in the ocean until the 4th quarter. Pretty sure they had 16 points at halftime. Ended up losing 66-52. The majority of their points came in the 4th quarter and they had narrowed it to single digits before I left. Swain played very good defense but I doubt Robbinsville has a shooting performance like that again.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT