ADVERTISEMENT

Realignment - My proposed conferences

SimmonsRatings

Gold Member
Sep 2, 2008
I am taking a stab at what the conferences could look like for 2025-2029. I tried to use no more than 3 classifications in split leagues. Also tried to get 6 football schools in each league, but it didn't always happen. I did 58 schools in 8A-2A and 38 in 1A, including public schools opening in 2025 and 2026. Allows for schools 306 and smaller to have their own championships except in football (2A/1A combined.)

I know not everyone will agree on these, but wanted to know what you think (feedback please).

Reactions: beamer24
I don’t hate it … not at all .. lots of new conferences. Now … I don’t matter but I don’t see anything that’s absurd ( from a western NC standpoint)

Will the association do everything based on strictly numbers this time?

I still can not get over West Charlotte having over 2000 playing 3A. Those multipliers and subtraction and whatever else formula that was used really gave them a numbers advantage. Someone on here was stating those numbers were false during the season but out of curiosity, I gave a call and at one point during the fall, the number was a little over 2100 students .

If they get Weathers Creek built. I have to wonder how many students would be pulled from South Iredell. Other than that. I could see something like that possibly work

Last edited:
Reactions: Champ_24

I still can not get over West Charlotte having over 2000 playing 3A. Those multipliers and subtraction and whatever else formula that was used really gave them a numbers advantage. Someone on here was stating those numbers were false during the season but out of curiosity, I gave a call and at one point during the fall, the number was a little over 2100 students .
They almost doubled what Crest had in ADM and they are in a split conference already 3a/4a they should have intervened and moved them up..1000 more kids than the 3a teams they played was just stupid 😂

There were also several other really big 3A schools that were outliers to everyone else’s 3A numbers. Several of these 3A schools had higher enrollments than a few of the 4A schools.

I am taking a stab at what the conferences could look like for 2025-2029. I tried to use no more than 3 classifications in split leagues. Also tried to get 6 football schools in each league, but it didn't always happen. I did 58 schools in 8A-2A and 38 in 1A, including public schools opening in 2025 and 2026. Allows for schools 306 and smaller to have their own championships except in football (2A/1A combined.)

I know not everyone will agree on these, but wanted to know what you think (feedback please).

To me it would make more sense to place Dudley & SE Guilford with Eastern Guilford, Northern Guilford along with Asheboro and H.P. Central. Dudley, SE Guilford, NE Guilford and Eastern districts all touch each other and the Students all hang in the same social circles. Northern Guilford is in that social mix too.

I would not be surprised to see Crest and KM in one conference and Burns and Shelby in another.
I would like to see no split conferences and Crest, KM, Hickory all in the same conference. I think that would be the cornerstones of a great conference. Looking at the current adm’s it looks like Crest will probably be 5A and KM one of the smaller 6A schools. My question is what happens to schools like Charlotte Catholic, Cardinal Gibbons, etc. do they play one division up or the top division (8A)?

Reactions: Vik-Val 86
Don't care for our conference 7a/5a but I understand where your coming from.
Hibriten always gets scheduled up along with Ashe County. Always playing up and never against schools with like numbers, there are several in our area that would be good matches.

Reactions: Crestuff

Can you do another of what conferences could look like now that we know that NC is going big 32 for 8A?

Reactions: TopspinDaddy66
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT